Lightbulb Mickey and Friends tram idea

A lot of people seem to really hate the mickey and friends parking structure, mentioning the lack of theming, its intimidating, and its ugly architecture. Well, I don't know what could be done to the structure itself but I thought of an idea for the tram loading area to make it a more magical experience.

First off the Tram loading area should be enclosed in a glass victorian building design like the crystal palace that used to hold the old worlds fairs in england. I think this would really set the tone for disneyland and the idea that you really are going to a whole different world.

Name:  palace 1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  44.2 KB

Second thing would be for the trams to be replaced by electric trains themed to old trolleys like the ones at TDS. The electric system would get rid of the ugly tram smell and look good on disney's list of green attractions. Plus rail travel is WAY more magical than really long busses... The rail system could be the exact same layout the current trams run. Switches could be placed so the trains could go around each other like they do now when one is loading and the other needs to get by. And another good thing about this is the trains could go elevated and connect to the toy story lot and other future disney properties across Harbor blvd. And I would imagine it might be a bit cheaper than monorail extensions. Who knows?

Name:  AW 07.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  41.2 KB

So what do you think? I know its a bit unnecessary but i think it would be nice if disney put a bit of magic in their transportation system.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Re: Mickey and Friends tram idea

The Trams are already "Green" as the run on Bio-Diesel.

I think the main issue (if any) with the trams directly relates to capacity and demand of the trams (As you have more people wanting to ride at certain times and other times you may have few people riding).

I like the look of the Trams though!
    Theme Park Reporter
    -Coaster-net.com
    -WDWNT:The Magazine

Bio-diesel still isn't as clean and nice as electric. Ya capacity is an issue. Even if they string the trolleys together the same length as the old trams capacity doesn't increase. Perhaps because they use rail, the trolleys could be automated, streamlining the process?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Perhaps because they use rail, the trolleys could be automated, streamlining the process?
    so lets replace some ones job with an automation

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    so lets replace some ones job with an automation
    They could be reassigned to work the computers that regulate the trains. Also they could operate the switches by hand at the different switch areas when trains go around each other. It would be cool to see someone operate the levers and wave at you as you pass. Besides, how many trams are running at any time? 10? so 10 jobs would have to be reassigned to new positions. Not impossible at all. Many new positions would be created for such a different system than the one already in place. in fact, I would bet more jobs would be needed to be filled if it became like this.

• Sultan of Swing

Wait if we replace the Trams with some sort of Rail Transportation why would that building be needed?The Rail Way would pass through it and that would look Ugly!No offense to your Idea!I don't think the Parking Structures need anything other than maintenance. Also the rail would have to be elevated over the street and the Power Grid would possibly have to fixed or rerouted.Toy Story Parking Lot has a Bus to transport them from the Resort to the Parking Lot.I have more but there is to much to say.
    Always read the fine print.

This is a great plan, and they just finished a practical model at DCA :-)
    I believe it's called the Red Car Trolley...

Electric run light rail that would still leave the road way as a road for vehicles that need to come from backstage and such; cleaner than bio-diesel with no smell; a nice new experience that would be relatively cheap (relative being the key word). And the glass ceiling idea is awesome.

• Under that tree again!

Bio Diesel at DLR is using a waste product which reduces waste, energy use and the consumption of more materials.

Energy production in the US is mostly dirty, it produces pollution, waste and consumes energy which reduces it's overall efficiency.

While the suggested giant building over the loading area may look nice, it would be a waste. In London where the picture is from it was built for a specific reason, it rains there making it practical. In SoCal is barely rains making structures like the uncommon.

The bottom line is, if it ain't broke why fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZFakterowitz View Post
    The Trams are already "Green" as the run on Bio-Diesel....
    Are you sure?
    I thought that they were using Compressed Natural Gas.