Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    huntington beach
    Posts
    1,028

    Angry RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    O MY GOODNESS!! i just got back from DCA/DL and all i can say is that people are getting ruder (is that a word) by the day.
    ok...so here goes my little rant

    i was there yesterday with my dad. it just seemed like nobody had any concideration what so ever. people were walking right into me and not saying sorry. like straight into me. like i should have turned around and bowed as they walked by. REDICULOUS!

    then on the way out i bought the new tink big fig (with her inside the crown sitting on a pillow). so i'm walking down mainstreet with this 16" x 16" box in my hands and do people move out of my way? NO! they walk right into me while reading what the box says to see what's inside. i was going to hurt someone!

    then, if yesterday wasn't bad enough, i went tonight.
    it all started when we were parking in the parking structure. we were at the top level in row 4, about half-way down the row. we got out of our car and the guy that was supposed to pull next to us is yelling at the parking guy. he's yelling to get out of his way because he wants to leave, not park. just the way he was talking to the cast member was abnoxious. so me and my boyfriend were talking about how rude he is when we look over and the guy is parked in the front of the row. i thought "how rude, the guy couldn't walk an extra 50 feet to his car on the way back?"

    then we finally got inside...while me and my boyfriend were in line to get his AP, a lady spilled her hot chocolate all over my new $100 tink jacket and didnt say a word. she just walked away like nothing happend.
    so i walked around all bummed for like the whole night.

    it seems to me that lately people at disneyland are getting more and more rude which in turn is making people more and more cranky which is causing it to be a very unpleasent place to be.

    i hope it doesnt get worse

  2. #2

    • I Love Teaching!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    Posts
    89

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    i have noticed that people are very rude at times....i am hoping it is mostly because of the holiday season and the very large crowds. i hope the hot chocolate comes out of your jacket

  3. #3

    • DLR -> WDW Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Welcome to the twenty-first century. People are just being raised to or just plain forget about being considerate of other fellow human beings and just think about only themselves.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

  4. #4

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Some people can be too much. I hope you can get the stain out of your new jacket. That's a shame.

    I hope your next trip goes better!

  5. #5

    • Hunka hunka burnin love!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    Posts
    343

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    same thing happened to me this mornin.. no respect.

    people suck.
    We're addicted to Disney



    I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!


  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Welcome to the twenty-first century. People are just being raised to or just plain forget about being considerate of other fellow human beings and just think about only themselves.
    Exactly I canít tell anyone enough how disgusted I am with the way most people live and act today. Tons of kids are growing up without discipline and it really shows. You go back in time and when you would visit Disneyland you would see everyone dressed in nice clothing and everyone respected eachother. Now what do you get, spoiled people.

  7. #7

    • Queen of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,209

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    This is the reason I haven't been in a real hurry to go back since I went at Thanksgiving. Also after the fireworks, to see all the trash people left behind was awful. It really bothered me to see people mistreating a place I love to go to.


    Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

  8. #8

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    sorry To Hear About That And I Hope Your Jacket Is Ok. I Always Bring A Tide Stain Stick For Mishaps But That Would Be To Big Of A Stain. I Wonder If There Is A Place To Clean An Item Other Than The Bathrooms??? Baby Care Maybe?
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  9. #9

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,294
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Exactly I canít tell anyone enough how disgusted I am with the way most people live and act today. Tons of kids are growing up without discipline and it really shows. You go back in time and when you would visit Disneyland you would see everyone dressed in nice clothing and everyone respected eachother. Now what do you get, spoiled people.
    Disneyfreak - at the risk of sounding like the somewhat-older fogey that some MCers might already think that I am - I must concur with you.
    I have often said that if people were as rude and unthinking on the freeways as they are in Disneyland or shopping malls, etc....
    Well, come to think of it...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #10

    • Why do you keep talking?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Here, but not here here
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    eh, people are getting lazy and more rude everyday. I think it's because they need a hug...or to get laid... either way, I've had to deal with these kind of people for the past four years. Sadly you kinda get used to it, especially when your job forces you! I still think it's weird when someone tells me "I'm sorry" for bumping into me or anything like that.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

  11. #11

    • Silent Lucidity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PNW Coast Town
    Posts
    1,669

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Unfortunately, many obnoxious folks have no sense of self-worth or the ability to empathize with others. They are blind!

  12. #12

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    People are getting ruder because there are no longer any consequences for anything OTHER than being polite.

    Kids who step out of line cannot be disciplined because everybody is afraid to touch or yell at another person's kids... including school officials. Everyone is too afraid to call people on their behavior for fear of being sued. In fact, the only thing that WILL have consequences is being polite, such as apologizing for causing another person injury, thus giving them the right to sue you since you "admitted fault".

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  13. #13

    • All you need is LOVE
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dland USA
    Posts
    9,141

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~
    O MY GOODNESS!! i just got back from DCA/DL and all i can say is that people are getting ruder (is that a word) by the day.
    ok...so here goes my little rant

    i was there yesterday with my dad. it just seemed like nobody had any concideration what so ever. people were walking right into me and not saying sorry. like straight into me. like i should have turned around and bowed as they walked by. REDICULOUS!

    then on the way out i bought the new tink big fig (with her inside the crown sitting on a pillow). so i'm walking down mainstreet with this 16" x 16" box in my hands and do people move out of my way? NO! they walk right into me while reading what the box says to see what's inside. i was going to hurt someone!

    then, if yesterday wasn't bad enough, i went tonight.
    it all started when we were parking in the parking structure. we were at the top level in row 4, about half-way down the row. we got out of our car and the guy that was supposed to pull next to us is yelling at the parking guy. he's yelling to get out of his way because he wants to leave, not park. just the way he was talking to the cast member was abnoxious. so me and my boyfriend were talking about how rude he is when we look over and the guy is parked in the front of the row. i thought "how rude, the guy couldn't walk an extra 50 feet to his car on the way back?"

    then we finally got inside...while me and my boyfriend were in line to get his AP, a lady spilled her hot chocolate all over my new $100 tink jacket and didnt say a word. she just walked away like nothing happend.
    so i walked around all bummed for like the whole night.

    it seems to me that lately people at disneyland are getting more and more rude which in turn is making people more and more cranky which is causing it to be a very unpleasent place to be.

    i hope it doesnt get worse
    Hugs I was there and you are right just rude people.


  14. #14

    • Flames Fan/Oiler Hater
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    8,060

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    I haven't really noticed a difference in the behaviour of people at DLR. I have no recollection of any rude people, although I'm sure I've encountered some, perhaps I just don't visit enough. However, I do remember the people that were helpful and nice, like this one man who gave me two fastpasses for Space Mountain while the Stand-by wait was 2 hours.

  15. #15

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FOUNTAIN VALLEY
    Posts
    337

    Re: RUDENESS!! Grrrrrrrrr

    To me, outside of those I associate with (very close friends and family), people flat out SUCK!!, plain and simple. Today's society is absolutely amazing, the ignorance and the idiocy of people everywhere, not just Disneyland. I work in the auto claims business and I deal with idiots everyday and have been for the past 7 years. This has really led me to have a cold heart againjst people in general. When I go to Disneyland, I love watching how stupid people act towards others. There is no generosity in this world anymore. This is one reason I do not go out of my way to make friends anymore, there is no such thing as that. If I had it my way, and again this is outside the people I associate with, I would choose to have an animal as a friend over people anyday, cuz they don't screw you behind your back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rudeness on the rise at the Disneyland Resort
    By ExJungleSkipper95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
  2. The anti-rudeness thread
    By doombuggy driver in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 08:33 PM
  3. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    By TrishS in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 06:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •