Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink Better Ride Transformers or Radiator Springs Racers for 2012?

I just got on the transformers ride in U.S Hollywood and by far this is the best ride in Universal Studios History it's probably the best ride of 2012 but of course RSR is wait and see. what are your thoughts.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Better Ride Transformers or Radiator Springs Racers for 2012?

Transformers is an Amazing piece of tech...but I really don't care for the characters that much....its a Fun "popcorn" ride that will live on for a while but like a "hot girl" friend its only the outside that interesting not the heart and soul....which I am hoping Carsland will have...especially the racers.

Also remember to each his own....I love Splash its my favorite ride.....people like Space more does not offend me, even if I think they are wrong...everyone likes different things

• C4C6C

Oh, it's the USH is not DL thread disguised as which ride is better. YEAH!!!!
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Banned User

Haven't ridden either. Can't say either way.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Its all just opinion right now and speculation. But I'm really hoping that Radiator Springs ends up the better attraction. Transformers looks awesome but apart from the technology being used on the viehicles. Most of the show scenes are videos. So I'm kind of cheering on the attraction or ride that features real detailed sets and AA figures vs something that Michael Bay was able to produce in front of a computer.

• Seasick

Having been on Spider-Man and Test Track in Orlando, I will speculate on reaction.

Transformers will amaze people in the "wow, how did they do that?!" sense. RSR will be a fun and exciting ride, but won't have quite the same level of "wow" factor.

Which is better? That's a matter of personal preference. I think both will do what they are designed to do extremely well.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Minion

I think RSR will keep it's appeal more than Transformers as far as the enjoyment gained from riding an attraction multiple times is concerned. I don't know if that means it is the "better" ride though. Pretty hard comparison. The rides are pretty different from each other and, of course, this is all totally subjective.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Having been on Spider-Man and Test Track in Orlando, I will speculate on reaction.

Transformers will amaze people in the "wow, how did they do that?!" sense. RSR will be a fun and exciting ride, but won't have quite the same level of "wow" factor.

Which is better? That's a matter of personal preference. I think both will do what they are designed to do extremely well.
    This captures it for me. Transformers I think is one attraction that will wow people, but I think it is lacking in heart (I've seen all of the Transformers films and the ride still doesn't have emotional connection for me). RSR I think (or I hope) will have some of that heart of the films, but I doubt it will "wow", at least not to the extent that Transformers will. Both will be great great great SoCal additions based on what I've seen so far and anyone who loves theme parks (ala those reading this) really should check out both and support these amazing achievements (or at the very least to promote competition).
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Transformers is an Amazing piece of tech...but I really don't care for the characters that much....its a Fun "popcorn" ride that will live on for a while but like a "hot girl" friend its only the outside that interesting not the heart and soul....which I am hoping Carsland will have...especially the racers.

Also remember to each his own....I love Splash its my favorite ride.....people like Space more does not offend me, even if I think they are wrong...everyone likes different things
    This made me laugh because it's so true about the hot girl friend thing!

Personally, I prefer physical AA's and all that over screens, so if it's better than Test Track, I'm guessing I'll love RSR. I like Star Tours, but it got old to me within 3 rides. Sure, each time I got 3 completely different experiences for most part (except where there are only 2 options), but 3D and screens kinda bore me.

And don't get me even started with Michael Bay's versions of the robots! Or Michael Bay's "films"!

But I do like the combination of AA's and screens. Great way to make things work within a budget or in ways that would never be feasible in a physical manifestation... that sounds weird... but you know what I mean!

As others have said, to each his or her own.

Since Carsland has not open yet, I cannot say which ones better.

What I will say, Transformers is better than Indiana Jones. I was completely amazed by Transformers and I highly doubt Radiator Springs Racers will wow me like Transformers did.

Transformers is better than ANYTHING Disney has done in a very long time! Universal Creative should be very proud of themselves, they've created an amazing attraction!

• Banned User

Ive been on Transformers at least 10 times. Solid ride, great fun, still a notch below Spider Man, because SM has better story and MUSIC. Really surprised TF has no music in it throughout. Though it's a solid ride. If it's an "A-", Indy is an A+. Indy simply is wonderful to look at, big budget real locations that make you feel you are REALLY there (vs. TF, where the video is great, but will show it's age in 5 years or less). Don't get me started with the Q lines. TF Q is heartless, blah. Indy is first rates, perhaps the best Q in the world.

We shall see with RSR. It's looking nice, however, I was soooo dissapointed by John Lassiter's Little Mermaid ride (what a major, uninspired letdown) and his BUGSLAND is a true waste of space that definitely should have been part of the $1 Billion expansion. Cars 2 sucked, so, that does not help Carsland. Midway Mania is a fine "D" ticket, though doesn't quite get to the "E" level. And Maters/Tires look, "ahem", FLAT.

So, the big question is, what is happening in that RSR show building? is it crazy spectacular audio-animatronic fun? Or is it uninspired mannequins like Little Mermaid? And will the ride take me to a true desert place, magically transporting me like Indy/Mansion/Pirates does?

I will say, Universal NAILED Harry Potter ride. One of the all time greats facades, an amazing Q that is just fine to wait an hour in, and, one of the most imaginative rides ever. Better than TF and will stand the test of time.

Really when you think about it these 2 rides are aimed at very different demographics. Its really impossible to pair them against each other.

Look at the TEA awards. They don't give a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all the awards carry the same weight. I don't think you can pick a "Best" attraction. I'm sure that both are great attractions, but what makes them great attractions makes them different and more or less impossible to compare.
    Theme Park Reporter
    -Coaster-net.com
    -WDWNT:The Magazine

• Banned User

I have no problem rating rides against one another. Never got why some say, "you cant judge this movie against that movie because they are different movies or this ride vs that one." Sure we can. There are 100 greatest movie, song, ride lists everywhere.

For me, the best ride of all time still remains THE HAUNTED MANSION. PIRATES is SECOND. INDY/SPIDERMAN in TOP 5.

TF is a major E ticket. As is RSR, Indy, Pirates. I am rating E ticket vs E ticket. And, in fact, both ride have cars moving along an electrical track, so, they are closer than you think.

I don't get the fascination with Transformers. A fun ride? Absolutely. But ride Spider-Man - which uses the same exact technology and is arguably the best theme
    park dark ride in the country - and Transformers isn't special anymore. It's amazing to me that 13 years later Universal actually dumbed down one of the world's coolest ride systems.

The technology used for Transformers is awesome - it allows for a ride to have both simulator scenes and drive through/interact practical effects. Universal seemed to totally forget about the second part. Might as well just made Transformers a traditional simulator ride at that point.

• Banned User

Oh I very much disagree MAH. Having ridden both rides many many times, I am now at the point with TF that I watch what is happening, technology wise, and, there is no doubt, that, ride system vs ride system, TF is superior. In movement, in the size of the screens, in the way the cars turn close to 360 and the screen sweeps with the cars without breaking into another screen, the way the cars are lifted in an elevator taking you to the next floor, even the 3D itself is better (though i have not ridden SM with the new projection systems in it). That being said, overall, the STORY, the theming, the use of music, the use of the simple physical scrolling building ascent set piece in Spider man (which makes the falling sequence superior to TF fall), I feel SM wins better overall ride. Though I would LOVE to plant SM into the TF ride system. That new ride system at USH is a monster, definitely for me, SM ride system 5.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast