View Poll Results: Did You Like the Mad T Party?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** - Loved my trip down the rabbit hole

57 55.34%
  • **** - Good, but not great

14 13.59%
  • *** - Neutral

9 8.74%
  • ** - Not a fan

12 11.65%
  • * - What the heck was that?

11 10.68%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Mad T Party Soft Opens - Photos and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Very agreed. This is Disneyland's Videopolis reborn with Alcohol. Nothing wrong with the concept. Also reminds me of the main thoroughfare on WDW's Pleasure Island during its hey day. Wake up WDW.... there is a market for this kind of entertainment. WDW, Bring back PI like it used to be, not like it was when it closed. Which rumors are now that WDW is considering bringing back clubs and nightlife in yet another new concept. Well see if this is true but for now, I am glad Disneyland gets this, that there IS a market for this, and does it. They may have stumbled across this discovery by accident, but at least they didn't deny the obvious positive response.

I like it. Carry on Mad T Party.
    Exactly! It just works! And it works better in DCA because it is a bit more contempoary in its vibe and obiviously they can actually sell alcohol there!

And it is amazing it all basically happened by accident. If they werent desperate to keep busy for the 'real' show, WOC, and putting on GF this never wouldve happened.

I dont think there is anything wrong with having something a little more grown up and less cutesy all the time! DCA was designed to be more grown up anyway and it only took 9 years to find something actually cool lol.

What is great about these parties is it gives a segment of the population who ONLY sees Disney as toon and kid driven put in a different light. And more importantly, it gives people something more to do. Not everyone wants to watch the fireworks for the 1000 time or watch F! over and over again. Some of us like a place to have a few drinks, listen to some real music and watch people enjoy themselves in a safe environment! For me, this only makes the resort even better! The more diverse entertainment the better!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Ok cool! If you put it on youtube, let us know! I'm really excited to see that too since that was always invisibile from the rest of it!
    Here's a full walk-through of the Mad T Party arcade.

Here's my other video if you guys haven't seen it yet. It shows an overview/walk-through of Mad T Party.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-26-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

I had many tabs open at once and for some reason I posted this in the project tracker instead of this thread:

Man is this a hit. This is just proof that the "street party" concept is a definite winner, although it's also proof that they might need to look into refreshing it every couple of years, although Mad T Party has a more timeless feel to it than ElecTRONica's "obvious Tron: Legacy promotion" jibe. They have finally perfected it into what it should be, which is slightly against my own personal preference but that doesn't matter. What I like is not what this should be.

I admit to really enjoying Glow Fest's uber low-key feel, that allowed parents to dance with their kids and it was slightly amusing, but they saw the booze sales and the small sect of wanna-be clubbers who kept coming back and really took that to heart. ElecTRONica took the party up a notch, but included attraction/interactive elements within the chaos: an enhanced 3D preview of Tron: Legacy, Flynn's Arcade, disc golf games, Wii stations, and I liked that. But if I had to look at it honestly: it was only getting in the way of what matter to those who kept coming back.

So now they revved it up and subsided the interactive to within the Arcade area, which was smart. Now the entire back portion of Hollywood Land is essentially a gigantic rave filled with bands, booze, DJs and strange amusements. It's really fun to watch videos of it but that entire scene isn't my kind of thing but hey more power to them. They easily perfected it to a way that it works wonderfully and even though I feel sorry for those CMs working Monsters Inc. on those lonely Saturday nights with barely anyone trickling through as hard bass is pounding in the background, I'm very pleased to see how this came out and how the crowd is really eating it up.

Score another one for DCA 2.0!

Another comment now that I think about it: DCA has always struggled with nighttime entertainment, especially since they couldn't actually get people to stay in the park past 5 PM. MSEP was obviously a temporary (but decently successful) attempt, and the less said about LuminAria the better.

Then they finally came up with the ingenious World of Color, and just upon that they accidentally stumbled upon another reason for guests to stay after the sun sets. This whole expansion just keeps turning one happy coincidence after another!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

My two observations:

1) There were a lot of people wearing "I love Tron, but this will have to do!" shirts.

2) Doesn't the guitar player's hair look like Eckhart's hair?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Here's a full walk-through of the Mad T Party arcade.

Wow cool thanks! I just watched it and I'm pretty impressed! I love the interior, they really did go the extra effort even putting cards on the ceiling! And I loved ElecTRONica games, but yeah it was more nostalgia than anything. These are carnival games I would like to play! Havent played skeeball in years, so that will be fun alone! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    I had many tabs open at once and for some reason I posted this in the project tracker instead of this thread:

Another comment now that I think about it: DCA has always struggled with nighttime entertainment, especially since they couldn't actually get people to stay in the park past 5 PM. MSEP was obviously a temporary (but decently successful) attempt, and the less said about LuminAria the better.

Then they finally came up with the ingenious World of Color, and just upon that they accidentally stumbled upon another reason for guests to stay after the sun sets. This whole expansion just keeps turning one happy coincidence after another![/COLOR]
    Yeah sooo true! I always say WOC/GF was really the true game changer of DCA because not only did it offer entertainment that proved really popular, it more importantly was what kept people in the park past sunset. As you say, MSEP did that to an effect but not like these two. Most people watched it for nostaligia reasons and because it was the only night time thing to do. But WOC and GF created real interest and demand! They are two VERY different offerings, but both very popular!

But yeah DCA use to be a ghost town when the sun set. It use to be erie walking through places like PP and HPB at sun down because sometimes you would be the only person in certain areas. Now these two spots are easily the busiest. Most just doing WOC in PP and others grabbing drinks and dancing for an hour in HPB. They really did help to redefine DCA of today! People dont just hurry back to DL now because of them.

• I am number 4 of 999

Looked awesome before they flipped the switch, and looks even better once it's turned on!! I think condensing it into that one area makes it more exciting, too.
    Last edited by ghosty4; 05-26-2012 at 02:47 AM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

As with age & wine, this party looks like it can only get better over time. I hope by the time I go in late summer that the party would have gotten even better.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Zephyr Pilot

Gotta agree that the overall the T Party is a great atmosphere, but the weak point is when the band starts playing. More specifically, the set list that the band is stuck with. The band served as a cue for the crowd to take a bathroom or food break. And since the band is made up of interchangeable CMs, they can't really change it on-the-fly if they wanted to.

The flamingo stilt walkers and their character hosts did a decent job getting the kids involved, at least earlier in the party. I did not see if they did the same later in the evening.

I like that more of the floor is actually used now. The White Rabbit DJ is shown on the jumbotron on the stage at the opposite end while he's talking, so people away from the main stage are also into it. However, I know guest control used tonight to figure out their designated walkways on future nights. Tonight was kind of a free-for-all guest control-wise.

will this be on Thursdays also? or just friday - saturday - sunday?

This event seems remarkably derivative of the annual Nocturnal Wonderland electronic music and art festival, which has become the Nocturnal Festival and Beyond Wonderland.

• Team Hail HYDRA

What did they do

• Minion

Will it be on monday also?

• Closed Account

To quote Darren McGavin ... it looks like a pink nightmare.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Frankly, it does nothing for me. I would not take my 5 year old to a real rave, and we wont be joining this disneyfied one. It is a pity that Diseny thinks they have to offer a rave style atmosphere complete with alchohol in order to entertain people. To me it is once again an area of the park to avoid once the "Party" starts.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Well this will be interesting to check out on our trip later in June. Of course the only chance I have of giving it a decent look-see is if my husband is busy doing something else. He won't touch this area with a 10 foot pole. It will also be interesting to see what my boys' reactions are to it given their tween and younger ages. I was happy to hear that they do older songs like from Journey, because they are currently in the stage where dad's old music is kind of cool. Another poster said something to the effect earlier that this does serve a need in the park. And it does fit the DCA concept as being more current. If there is an audience of people who are wanting something different than what I consider to be classic/traditional Disney, then I am glad there is a place for them to go.

Have to add that one of my favorite childhood memories of Disneyland was being maybe a 12-year old awkward girl and being at a concert in Tomorrowland. The band was playing some Gloria Estefan song, that Come On Do That Conga Whatever Song, and my favorite cool uncle asked me to dance on the dance floor with him. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I hope some memories like that can still be made at this Mad T Party.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

Ugh, my editing didn't work. Anyway, at least a couple people commented on the "rave" feeling, and that describes the feeling I have in my gut exactly. Wasn't until I read it that I realized that is what I was thinking. That is what makes me uneasy about having my young kids there. But as I said above, I will have to just see. For those who like it, party on.
    Last edited by Julieandtheboys; 05-26-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: forgot to add and respond to another poster's thought

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast