View Poll Results: Did You Like the Mad T Party?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** - Loved my trip down the rabbit hole

57 55.34%
  • **** - Good, but not great

14 13.59%
  • *** - Neutral

9 8.74%
  • ** - Not a fan

12 11.65%
  • * - What the heck was that?

11 10.68%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist

Blog Entries

Mad T Party Soft Opens - Photos and discussion

Mad T Party Soft opened tonight and we have pics from the first evening.

This hyper-produced dance party is full of wild colors and non-stop, pulsating music.

House of Cards:

The House of Cards is an archway that leads to the Mad Arcade and it has a stage under its apex where dancers and performers are featured.

A performance artist dances to the music.

MAD ARCADE:
    Flynn's has been turned int a completely new Mad Arcade with Alice themed games.

Main Stage:
    The Main stage features live music performers and a DJ, both of which are actually very very good. The look of the costumes is wildly over the top and remind us of other performers.

Ziggy Stardust made an appearance.

Nikki Minaj???

Steven Tyler, WHAT HAPPENED?

The Booze:
    You can get libations at two different locations in the area, The House of Cards and the Drink Me booth. They are both, very tastefully, tucked into corners.

SoCalbma has posted some great videos on page 4 of this thread. We've added them here so you don't miss out.
    Here's a full walk-through of the Mad T Party arcade.

Here's my other video if you guys haven't seen it yet. It shows an overview/walk-through of Mad T Party.

Overall, you'll find the Mad T Party to be upbeat, colorful, fun and mostly family friendly. Unlike GlowFest and ElecTRONica where the alcoholic beverages were front and center, the bars at the T Party have been pushed into the corners. Additionally, the music mix (mostly played by a live band, though there is also a DJ) includes songs from the 70's, 80's, 90's and current hits. That gives the event a broad appeal.

That isn't to say that the T Party is without its issues. Some of the cast costumes are quite cheap looking, almost as though they had come out of a bag at a Halloween store. But the costumes of the main performers look to be much higher quality, if a bit too contrived. Additionally, the mist screens installed in the entry portal created unsafe foot traffic conditions when the walkway became too slippery. They had to be turned off for now. Let's hope they come up with a solution, because they looked really neat.

A tremendous amount of money has gone into creating this weekend extravaganza. The set pieces are huge, massive video screens back the stage, video projections cover many of the exterior spaces, an entire live band is employed and dozens of dancers and walk around characters. Quite frankly, it's impressive.

We did talk to many folks at the party, most of whom were thrilled with the Alice in Wonderland inspired event. However, a contingent of folks in attendance were wearing Tron T-Shirts which said "I (heart) ElecTRONica but this will do for now." You can't please all of the folks all of the time, though this event tries harder than the previous two dance parties to do just that.

But what's really important is what you think. How did you like the Mad T Party?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-26-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Added SoCalbma videos

• Minion

Re: Mad T Party Soft Opens - Photos and discussion

Omg these pics are great. I know a lot of people were skeptical at first, but I really hope this changes some people's minds. It looks awesome and I'm digging the crazy colors. The arcade looks great, though the games aren't what I expected. I'm totally looking forward to this!

• Seasick

Looks great!
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I love it!

Update: Here's a video showing an overview/walk-through of the new Mad T Party.

and here's another video showing a walk-through of the Arcade that I forgot to put in my first video. In my opinion, I love this arcade more than ElecTronica arcade.

Here's a third video showing a dance performance on the House of Cards stage in front of the Arcade.

This is how Mad T Party looks like during the day:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-30-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

This looks pretty awesome! LOL I don't know why but I really love that they named the drink stand "Drink Me". It's so obvious it's perfect.... just one of those things

• Nor Cal AP'er

Sweet,I wanna see some video as well.Thanks for uploading the pics. Is this just for tonight?
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Banned User

Wow, this looks GREAT!!!!!! I went to Mouse Waits and the reviews for it are good, very good! It looks like a lot of fun, VERY whimsical and that catepillar thing is crazy lol!

The arcade looks really fun too!!! Real carnival games! Do anyone know how much they cost to play?

Looks like DCA has another hit on its hands and this is just the warm up show! This summer is going to be insane!

• Shifting cargo

I'm a tad more accepting of this whole thing. It doesn't seem as bad as I had envisioned it. Thanks for the pictures, fishy!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I believe tokens for games are 25 cents

• Minion

Can anyone who went provide a little insight on the whole password thing to get in that was mentioned in a Disney Parks Blog post?

Wow, I liked both old permutations of the alcohol sales venue, but this one is most up my Ally. I can't wait to see this! (Classic rock nerd, although born too late, mostly. Mostly...). Will this be going on the 14th???? I hope so. Great pics. Thanks!

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

Is there a song play list anyone? I like how the bar is not so upfront and the live band is. A lot of kids don't really get to see "live" music, as in a musician is playing it, and I am sure these guys are all top notch (so close to LA with all the hired gun musicians, probably best talent in America).

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

No offense New York.

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:31 PM ----------

Best talent as in "Studio Musician" talent. Sorry I realized I offended too many friends, had to clarify.

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Ok, so I am quite a bit dense. Just a know-nothing mom here suffering from a generational gap... help me out here...

What is the target audience for this thing? I have never gotten this "area" of DCA. Walking by it has seemed very teen oriented, and so I kept walking. But I have an almost 12 year old boy now and am attempting to get a little more open-minded, despite my old-school Disneyland preferences...

One part that is not computing is the availability of drinks with the (what I see) is a big teen scene. How does that work? What am I missing? I have to believe that they card the youngins as well as they can. I have no problem with the adult beverages, but you know what I mean. A previous post said this was family friendly. I would love to get a more detailed perspective on this because we always just walk this part. But if we are missing out on something truly interesting I'll check it out.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe tokens for games are 25 cents
    Oh nice! So each game is just a quarter? Now thats cool, like ElecTRONica! I guess since you will be spending $30 for two drinks, you need a balance somewhere!

I will be spending a lot of time there!

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Julieandtheboys View Post
    Ok, so I am quite a bit dense. Just a know-nothing mom here suffering from a generational gap... help me out here...

What is the target audience for this thing? I have never gotten this "area" of DCA. Walking by it has seemed very teen oriented, and so I kept walking. But I have an almost 12 year old boy now and am attempting to get a little more open-minded, despite my old-school Disneyland preferences...

One part that is not computing is the availability of drinks with the (what I see) is a big teen scene. How does that work? What am I missing? I have to believe that they card the youngins as well as they can. I have no problem with the adult beverages, but you know what I mean. A previous post said this was family friendly. I would love to get a more detailed perspective on this because we always just walk this part. But if we are missing out on something truly interesting I'll check it out.
    Yes, they card people! Dont worry, just like every part of the park that sells alcohol you need ID! And this is the third party they done, I'm sure teens sneak alcohol here and there, but they try hard to clamp down!

And no take your kid! These parties are for EVERYONE! GF and ElecTRONica they had kids as young as elementary school dancing and as old as you can imagine. Thats why the music is cross generational, so everyone can enjoy it! If you and him dont enjoy it after a few mins, hit TOT instead!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-25-2012 at 09:47 PM.

• Mickatey Mouse

THIS LOOKS AMAZING!! I loved what they did with Tron but I have to say that this looks a million times more better.. are they doing this tomorrow night? I know this is a soft opening so what will be the official days? Will they be doing this tomorrow night? I HAVE to go!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

In my opinion, this is way BETTER! than ElecTronica and Glow Fest combined.

The complete video walk through of Mad T Party will be up in 1.5 hrs. Approx 12:30 AM
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast