Thread: Fishing at DCA

• I'm a Lutheran

Fishing at DCA

The recent Golden Horseshoe memory thread has reminded me of once hearing about being able to actually fish in the Rivers of America. With the whole retro theme coming to DCA June 15, I was wondering if fishing would be finally revived here at the second gate in Pacific Wharf. I don't know it's possible if they were able to separate the fishing area from the World of Color waters.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

Re: Fishing at DCA

Fishing with real hooks and fish just sounds like a big fat liability...

• Embrace You!

Doubt it

• some assembly required

It was a mistake. Holding a fish all day in the hot sun was disgusting. The smell of rotting fish near each trash can (from ppl ditching their stinky fish) was awful. There is a reason they stopped doing this at DL!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

The lagoon next to the wharf is the overflow holding pond of the chlorinated GRR water.

At least you can fish in one of the games on the boardwalk.

• I'm a Lutheran

Haha makes sense now that I think about it. Never mind then, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I guess that Catch and Release isn't an option. That is what they do at WDW. My grandson loved to fish at Disney World when we stayed at POR.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Maybe they can set up a septate bay for it, and have a system similar to the wine thing at dca where you fish, a cast member saves it in a refrigerated room , a chef prepare it marinated or which ever seasoning you want and you can take it home when you leave the park? I don't really fish, but it seen like an ok idea if you actually put work in it.

• Minion

As part of a restaurant, sure.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Maybe they can set up a septate bay for it, and have a system similar to the wine thing at dca where you fish, a cast member saves it in a refrigerated room , a chef prepare it marinated or which ever seasoning you want and you can take it home when you leave the park? I don't really fish, but it seen like an ok idea if you actually put work in it.
    If PETA had a cow over shooting pretend Hippos with a pretend gun, how much of a stink you think they'd make over letting you kill and eat your own lunch at DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot619 View Post
    If PETA had a cow over shooting pretend Hippos with a pretend gun, how much of a stink you think they'd make over letting you kill and eat your own lunch at DCA?
    I'm less than concerned with PETA's opinion.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Fishing with real hooks and fish just sounds like a big fat liability...
    Not really. There are thousands of places in the country that allow fishing with a catch and release policy that has no trouble at all. Disney would just need to make sure this is done in a secure area where someone casting their line couldn’t accidentally hook a passerby, along with making sure that the would be fishermen fill out the required paperwork releasing Disney of liability beforehand.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Not really. There are thousands of places in the country that allow fishing with a catch and release policy that has no trouble at all. Disney would just need to make sure this is done in a secure area where someone casting their line couldn’t accidentally hook a passerby, along with making sure that the would be fishermen fill out the required paperwork releasing Disney of liability beforehand.
    I can imagine a lot of cases where someone tried casting their line (sorry if my terminology isn't right--not really a fisherman!) and they ended up nicking someone either in the fishing area or somewhere nearby. Or maybe someone catches their fish, grabs a picture, and accidentally tosses it onto someone or it flops out of their hands and knocks another guest.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    I'm less than concerned with PETA's opinion.
    I'm with you on that one, but Disney doesn't need PETA's irrational comments to give them bad press.

I'd like to see maybe some sort of virtual fishing... I have no idea how that would work, and it's definitely not as rewarding as actually catching real fish.