Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Smile Places you like to eat OUTSIDE the Parks?

A nice it is to eat inside the parks...for the most part for a meal it is cheaper to go outside the parks....last week when I went I go a soda and food at Denny's for ten bucks..while in park you don't get refills (besides Pizza port).

So where are some of your favorite places to eat outside the parks?

• -

Re: Places you like to eat OUTSIDE the Parks?

Tony Roma's.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The Palm Restaurant - Hard Rock Hotel, Universal

The Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel, Universal Resort FL. You are obviously going to fork over some cash but you get great food, fantastic atmosphere and awesome service. I have been going to The Palm whether I'm at Disney, Universal or staying with family. I have never ever EVER had poor service. The wait staff are eager to please and recommend. They are not rude or make you feel rushed. It amazes me that you do not feel them circling yet know when you need something they are there. The management not only stop by but will have a conversation with you. I have been to many Palms from NYC to L.A. this is the tops for customer satisfaction! I know I haven't talked about the food but I will stop boring you! Although (lol) the family style apps are delish! Never an over cooked steak and huuuuuuuge lobster! Looking forward to my next trip in June.
    Last edited by skiranger; 05-28-2012 at 04:10 AM.

• Minion

We rarely eat in the parks aside from a snack here or there. Not only is the food cheaper outside the parks, it is usually far better as well. Our afternoon break / early evening dinner outside the park is practically a ritual.

We don't usually go to the finest restaurants around the resort. Normally just your standard chain restaurants. We find that we can get a pretty good meal (and a large, dark beer ) at Joe's, Bubba Gump's, or Outback. If we're in the mood for a burger, Red Robin usually does the job. Honestly, my favorite meal on our trips is just the porterhouse at Outback. It's a better steak than you'd expect from a chain restaurant and it doesn't put us over budget for the trip.

Looking forward to hearing where some of the locals dine. We're always up for something new.

Mexicasa!
    Name:  mexicasa1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  30.4 KB
    Cash only, but the best food ever, and you won't find cheaper prices anywhere.

Sunny's BBQ?

Sunny's BBQ. I have had their sauce shipped up to me in Syracuse but I haven't been to one of their joints in the Orlando area. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it? I enjoy the sauce.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

By the by, you can get free refills at the Plaza Inn, and they will even give you a to go cup as well.

Since we have a car getting to these places is easy. There is a Shakey's Pizza on Harbor past the 5 freeway and Ball Rd. They have a lunch buffet with Mojo potatoes, Fried Chicken, basic salad stuff, some pasta, and of course..Pizza. It is around $6.99 a person. I suppose you could walk it, but it would be a bit of a hike.

We have eaten at the California Pizza kitchen at the GardenWalk, and always enjoy that, although the pricing is on par with the park (10 -14 for the individual pizzas). We hope to try the Fire + Ice Mongolian Grill in the GardenWalk as well. Their lunch is around $10 for AYCE and they do not just do the Asian flavors, but Mongolian grilled burgers and such as well.

There is a Subway at the corner of Harbor/Katella which I believe is open 24 hours. We have not been in a while. but the last time was for a late lunch and it was a pretty standard subway. There is a Fast Food Chinese place in the shame little strip Mall, but We have actually never eaten there.

We like a variety of the fast food near the park, but we are trying with recent trips to yelp close by restaurants to try something new. On the last trip we went to the Little Caboose Taco Shop on Ball Road About 4 miles away from the resort. It isnt much to look at, and the neighborhood can be a little off, but their food is Great! The best Tacos de papa (potato tacos)!! Their Fish tacos are pretty good as well and it is decently priced. Warning...They only take cash and you are better off taking it to go.

Our next trip we are going to try a Middle Eastern Bakery that does Arabic pizzas for between 2 and 3 bucks and are easily the size of a personal pizza. It is called Forn Al Hara located about 2 miles from the resort near Brookhurst and W. Orange. See their pizza menu here:Menu for Forn Al Hara. Most reviewers rave about it and for less then $10 we can try three different pizzas.

I wold suggest trying yelp to see what might be good around the park in a distance you are willing to travel. It is really making a difference gastronomically for us.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Hooterville, USA

Millies on Harbor, walking distance from DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
    Mexicasa!
    Name:  mexicasa1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  30.4 KB
    Cash only, but the best food ever, and you won't find cheaper prices anywhere.
    Wow... that place looks like a total dive. By that, I mean it looks great. All the best Mexican places are total dives. We may have to give this one a shot.

Mimi's cafe. Two blocks North of the entrance right across the street from the park. It is cute, attractive, clean and well-kept, and has french cafe theme. It has quick service and well prepared food, and is one of the best "off-park" restaurants that provide an "in-park" feel.

Name:  mimis-cafe.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  232.0 KB

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Tony Roma's.
    I am hoping to have some dinner there tonite soon after I arrive at my hotel and check in.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    Wow... that place looks like a total dive. By that, I mean it looks great. All the best Mexican places are total dives. We may have to give this one a shot.
    Very generic food, but the prices are very low.

Make sure you bring cash. The do have an ATM machine inside.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Does dtd count lol it's out of the parks lol or california pizza kitchen

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Mischievous Mouse

Love the Jazz Kitchen, and The House of Blues.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Knott's Berry Farm. I live close but don't go often, but when my family comes down from Central Ca we ALWAYS go to Mrs. Knotts for fried chicken.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast