• Mischievous Mouse

Cars Land Merchandise

Cars merchandise has been sold for seven years. Seems to me like it's run it's course, for the most part. You would be hard pressed to find any kid ages 3-12 who doesn't already have a handful of Cars "stuff".

Now with Cars Land opening in a couple weeks, I wonder how well the merchandise will sell. Will we see a resurgence?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Cars Land Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Cars merchandise has been sold for seven years. Seems to me like it's run it's course, for the most part. You would be hard pressed to find any kid ages 3-12 who doesn't already have a handful of Cars "stuff".

Now with Cars Land opening in a couple weeks, I wonder how well the merchandise will sell. Will we see a resurgence?
    Absolutely. There's Wal-Mart Cars stuff, Disney Shopping Cars stuff, and then there's DCA Cars Land Cars stuff. Different revenue streams completely all going back to the same source. Does it hold up for the long haul? That remains to be seen. It's got a few good years of profitability though.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

While this is true, that most kids already own some kind of Cars toy, I still think the merchandise will have no problem selling. People are coming to the park on June 15th mainly to see the new Carsland, and they are most likely not going to walk away without a souvenir to show they were there.
    Besides, with the relatively new fad of young tweens and teens sporting Barbie and Mickey Mouse on their backpacks and clothes, I'm willing to bet there will be a big market for them in the Carsland merchandise. They will be all over that stuff.
    And as for the little kids, I'm sure they will end up getting something out of this. If they go to Disneyland, usually they will get to pick out a souvenir. Do you think they would rather have a generic Disneyland tshirt? Or an awesome Carsland shirt or Mater truck?
    I'm not a big fan of the movie Cars, but I'm over the top excited for this new land...
    heck, you might even see me buying a shirt!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Mickey stuff has been selling for over 50 years in the parks......so sure why not?

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

We've been doing the Cars thing ever since the movie came out. Oldest son got to see it on opening day in the theater. Youngest son is still hanging on to all things Cars. Just had to kick him off his Wii Cars Race-0-Rama game to go play outside. He has been following the progress at DCA almost as closely as I have. We have had so many different versions of a Lightning McQueen car I lost count. They've been worn out and tossed, lost, or according to my sons "not exactly like this new one I want because the tires are different." Yeah.

<----- Sucker mom, right here.

My youngest will be coming back from our June trip with something. Who knows what yet.

•   
    • Minion

I myself will help the cause since I collect pins

• Minion

Yah my cousins who is 1 and a half loves cars and my aunt said defintally buying something for him at cars land even though he has a bunch of cars stuff already Plus some Cartland mechandise is really cool and as a young adult/older teen I myself want a lot of the cool new stuff.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Minion

New children are being born every day to replace the children who are aging out or who already own Cars merchandise. Like JerroDRagon said, Mickey Mouse is still a best seller 50+ years later. Cinderella is almost old enough to collect Social Security and she's not going anywhere. As one of the very few franchises that appeal to boys, Cars isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Cars merchandise hasn't run it's course. It's the second largest film-based licensing franchise in the world after Star Wars. It's a billion dollar franchise in U.S. toy sales alone. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

As much as this bothers some Disney fans: Cars is one of their primo franchises, right there with Disney Princesses, the Fab Five and Winnie the Pooh.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I myself will help the cause since I collect pins
    Good point!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Cars merchandise hasn't run it's course. It's the second largest film-based licensing franchise in the world after Star Wars. It's a billion dollar franchise in U.S. toy sales alone. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

As much as this bothers some Disney fans: Cars is one of their primo franchises, right there with Disney Princesses, the Fab Five and Winnie the Pooh.
    Exactly. There's a reason why this land exists and it's not because it lends itself to a theme park land any better than most of Disney's other properties. It's because of the numbers.