Cool DL and DCA Vacation plan, June 15th...thoughts?

I realized when I laid this all out that I'm a bit in over my head... but it's okay

June 13th - drive down to anaheim (5 hours)
    Stay at aunt's house for free overnight.

June 14th- wake up and check into hotel
    go to Carsland premiere whatever time that's going to be at
    June 15th- wake up and go to DL
    get splash passes
    head over to matterhorn insanely long line
    rest of the day between DL and DCA
    June 16th- same
    ...but with Blue Bayou lunch reservations
    June 17th- same

June 18th- go home

This is the most money I have ever spent on a vacation, though I'm only 20. But it took forever to save the $1000 for this trip making $8.00 flat an hour at a fast food restaurant.
    I think it will be worth it, and yes, I'm aware the crowds are supposed to be insane.
    Any advice or thoughts about this plan?
    Thanks!

• Minion

Re: DL and DCA Vacation plan, June 15th...thoughts?

Did you win tickets to the Carsland premier? If not, DCA is closed on the 14th. I think this is a good plan and you're very smart keeping your options open and flexible. I totally agree that picking a couple of things you really want to do (Matterhorn, CL) and making sure you get those done with the rest as gravy is an excellent plan. Congrats on paying for your first Disney vacation! Big milestone, and hats off to you for saving all of that money .

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Did you win tickets to the Carsland premier? If not, DCA is closed on the 14th. I think this is a good plan and you're very smart keeping your options open and flexible. I totally agree that picking a couple of things you really want to do (Matterhorn, CL) and making sure you get those done with the rest as gravy is an excellent plan. Congrats on paying for your first Disney vacation! Big milestone, and hats off to you for saving all of that money .
    my friend and her boyfriend won tickets and my boyfriend and I are getting her other two tickets for the Carsland VIP premiere so yep

and also it's my third time paying for me and my boyfriend to go, actually, I don't make him pay for any of it because it's always my idea and I enjoy it way more

thanks for the reply!

• Under that tree again!

15th Go to the Matterhorn first, and hopefully strait from the Rope Drop. If you plan to go to DCA, do it well before the after 5 local crowds show up.

16th and 17th, I would start at DCA because, particularily on Sunday the gates will likely close because of capacity restrictions. Cars Land crowds will overflow to other attractions in DCA before spilling over into DL.