View Poll Results: If wifi were offered at disneyland would you pay for it?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

12 26.09%
  • no

34 73.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

If the Disneyland Resort sold WIFI would you buy it?

I dont know about you but I have a hard time with 3g even 4g service at disneyland. With the many Disneyland Apps out there I was wondering if any of you would pay for a wifi service offered by Disneyland. People seem to be paying for power at the lockers on main street. I think it would need to be reasonable maybe if it was no more than 5.00 for the day. But I think it could be worth it especially if you use your phone and various apps throughout the day..
    What are your thoughts?

Re: If the Disneyland Resort sold WIFI would you buy it?

Seems like they should offer it for free given how important smartphones are for their NextGen plans.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Seems like they should offer it for free given how important smartphones are for their NextGen plans.
    Good Point plus they just raised admission costs they might as well throw it in for free.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

only if it were offered at a yearly rate add-on like parking to my AP since my at&t network strugles when there are alot of people in the park hoging all the bandwith
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

I voted no because I think something like that should be free! Even then, I probably wouldn't use it. I get decent connections while I'm at the park and it seems it only gets a little unreliable in certain parts of Tomorrowland for some reason. I also don't really like connecting to public hosts, but that's just me!
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Insomniac

I've never had a problem with 3G in the parks on my Verizon iPhone. I don't really rely on my phone in the parks anyways since I'm IN THE PARKS.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Really...pay for internet....thought that was part of the price of admission if they did that....we don't need to be charged more

• Insomniac

^^They will charge you to charge your phone why wouldn't they if they offered Internet?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^if internet is required to use next gen...I just feel thats just them just abusing the system.....Disneyland is a business yes...but heck if they are suppose to charge you for every little thing u do, if you already pay a high admission fee

•   
    • Minion

I'm not sure what the point would be. If you have a smart phone you get your Internet through whatever your carrier is (I've never had an issue using mine in the park); if not, well, you're not going to be sitting there with your laptop, are you?

Plus, if you're using the web, you're not online long enough to justify spending money on it. At least that is my experience. Even if you're checking your email at lunch/dinner or looking up wait times on an app, hopefully you're not going to be online very much while you're in the park!

What they could bring to Disneyland would be some sort of business center where you could print boarding passes and shuttle reservations, etc. That could be in Downtown Disney, though.

• Minion

i've never had problem on 3g with Atnt with an iphone 4, I dont think i need the wifi so nope

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• I am number 4 of 999

Typically, I turn my phone off, or at the very least to airplane mode when I'm IN the park. I usually make one final sync of twitter and my email in case I get stuck in a dead zone, but my coverage at the park has been surprisingly fine lately...
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• -

I don't really see the point of having wifi in the park. Really there is no reason to need to be on the internet for anything other than maybe a wait time app and 3g is more than sufficient for that. There is no reason to be streaming movies or surfing the web while in the park. Disneyland is the entertainment for the day, not the latest social network site.

Should NextGen come in to play that may change things, but for right now there is really no need.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

Are the parks not entertaining enough? Staying home and playing with apps seems a lot less effort, for the same entertainment value.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I don't really see the point of having wifi in the park. Really there is no reason to need to be on the internet for anything other than maybe a wait time app and 3g is more than sufficient for that. There is no reason to be streaming movies or surfing the web while in the park. Disneyland is the entertainment for the day, not the latest social network site.

Should NextGen come in to play that may change things, but for right now there is really no need.

I've never understood why people get upset when people use their phones at disneyland. If you don't use it fine, but other people obviously enjoy using their phones. I just don't get how it bothers people. I always hear "those darn teenagers always on their phones." How does that affect your day at all(unless actually on a ride)?

We shouldn't force our beliefs on how to enjoy the park on other people. Especially when it usually has no effect on you whatsoever. But anyway I voted no because personally I dont need internet at the park. But I wont knock you for wanting it or even for using it. More power to you. Just turn it off on the dark rides
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast