Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I get the honor of doing a cast preview June 6th.

This thread has my excited about going!

What time's your preview?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I have a question, I looked and don't think it has been answered yet:

Was there a reason you couldn't ride Radiator Springs Racers?
    Was there not enough time or did they not allow anyone to ride?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    I have a question, I looked and don't think it has been answered yet:

Was there a reason you couldn't ride Radiator Springs Racers?
    Was there not enough time or did they not allow anyone to ride?

Thanks
    They have a few things to finish up with the show building (animatronic movements and timing), and so far only CMs and Imagineers have ridden it, and CMs aren't too fond of having people of the general public riding a new ride before they get a chance to. They don't want too much word getting out about it/they don't have it 100%/a number of reasons.
    Last edited by Evanator; 05-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What time's your preview?
    8:30 - 12:00

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I certainly agree with Anonymouse! I think after Maybe 2 or 3 years the crowd levels at dca will fall back down to the same point that caused them to revamp the park in the first place. Look and the Little mermaid ride. The line isnt even long and its not really that popular of a ride. Cars land only has one e ticket ride, idk, beside the one ride, which ill get out of the way pretty fast, I dont know that id visit carsland that much. I do have to give disney props for the time, effort, and detail put into carsland but still not that big of a deal for me.

I was lucky enough to be another of the 66. I think a lot of people are discounting the actual atmosphere of the land. Yes, it only has one "big" ride and two smaller kiddie rides, but it's a beautiful land full of intricate detail. Personally, I could see myself spending an afternoon doing nothing but sitting at Flo's with a milkshake and perfect view of RSR and the mountain range.

Found out I'm going to the corporate employee preview day THIS SUNDAY, 6/3, can't wait!!! Anyone know if RSR will be open for that?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by cousinorville View Post
    Found out I'm going to the corporate employee preview day THIS SUNDAY, 6/3, can't wait!!! Anyone know if RSR will be open for that?

It should be a FULL preview.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    I certainly agree with Anonymouse! I think after Maybe 2 or 3 years the crowd levels at dca will fall back down to the same point that caused them to revamp the park in the first place. Look and the Little mermaid ride. The line isnt even long and its not really that popular of a ride. Cars land only has one e ticket ride, idk, beside the one ride, which ill get out of the way pretty fast, I dont know that id visit carsland that much. I do have to give disney props for the time, effort, and detail put into carsland but still not that big of a deal for me.
    That is absolutely false. Little Mermaid has a huge per/hour capacity, making it one of the most ridden attractions at Disneyland/DCA on any given day. Typically fourth most ridden after Haunted Mansion, Small World and Pirates, which, like Little Mermaid, rarely have long lines.

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    That is absolutely false. Little Mermaid has a huge per/hour capacity, making it one of the most ridden attractions at Disneyland/DCA on any given day. Typically fourth most ridden after Haunted Mansion, Small World and Pirates, which, like Little Mermaid, rarely have long lines.
    Except during Christmas. That's the time where the lines are at they're longest, wouldn't you say?

• Banned User

I just wish that with this relaunch, there were 2 upper level rides/attractions being unveiled. I appreciate the above post about sitting in Flos for an afternoon and just staring at the views, however, I can assure you that I, and other out of town vacationers dont throw down $3,000 or more to do that. I would have gone to Utah or Yosemite or Yellowstone. I love the theming that envolopes you in the exprerience when you are riding the attractions, but make no mistake, the rides are what bring us across the country. Just one more quality ride in Carsland could have made a truly MASSIVE difference. Didnt even need to be an E-ticket.

• Biggest fan of D-Land

thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    I seriously doubt that! True DCA will still need to grow but it will CONTINUE to grow thus keeping and bringing more crowds! Someone already pointed out that TLM brings in huge numbers, it just goes fast like POTC and HM does! And I think you are discounting things like WOC which is VERY popular and is now just as popular as F! and the fireworks and keeps bringing people in! Or the dance parties which brings in a lot of young adults and people who just like dancing! Those things stay busy easily! And dont forget UNLIKE DL, DCA now has a lot more high end restaurants like WCT, CCT and Ariels! Those are the things that keep people coming and yes not to mention the newest attractions and CL!

Again dont get me wrong, DCA is far from out of the woods yet, but it IS turning around and I think after this year it will have a very loyal and sustainable audience! The trick will be will they want to pay for DCA on its own? That is the real question and in time that question will be answered. But I dont see it being LESS popular than what it is right now. Not with everything they added over the years and the overall response to it all.

• Resident of the Caldera

I was at DCA last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and have never seen the place with so many people in it. I think you're going to see a huge uptick in attendance that will stick beyond one year--and then we get PHASE II!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I was at DCA last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and have never seen the place with so many people in it. I think you're going to see a huge uptick in attendance that will stick beyond one year--and then we get PHASE II!
    Yes!! I've been all over Phase I of DCA 2.0 and I'm excited to see this turn out to be a huge success and have 'em call on for Phase II!! Honestly, I've always enjoyed DCA since I've first visited, but in a much different way than Disneyland if that makes any sense. Glad to see it finally bring in much more positive news.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast