Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Disneyland Historian

Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    They have a few things to finish up with the show building (animatronic movements and timing), and so far only CMs and Imagineers have ridden it, and CMs aren't too fond of having people of the general public riding a new ride before they get a chance to. They don't want too much word getting out about it/they don't have it 100%/a number of reasons.
    Not only that, but they sold tickets to APs and D23 members for the opportunity to be among the first to ride. Allowing these 66 guests to ride would have lessened the value of the experience others paid to have.

Great update awesome I really want to go now to Carsland!

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'm all in for this place! Finally, a part of DCA that totally transports us into another world!

• Master Chief

I can't wait!

I've actually been trying to avoid pictures of any kind, so that when I get there everything will be a surprise!

For the people who have been lucky enough to already get to play there, did anyone find any Hidden Mickeys?
    If at first you don't succeed: Skydiving is not the sport for you.

I'm really sad I don't have a cool list of all the times I've been to Disneyland.
    Most recently: August 2011 (I got engaged!), October 2010, Summer 2008, October 2007, Summer 2005, December 2004 , Christmas 2003, Summer 1995, 1991 (I was only 5!)

Disney World: September 2003

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    I certainly agree with Anonymouse! I think after Maybe 2 or 3 years the crowd levels at dca will fall back down to the same point that caused them to revamp the park in the first place. Look and the Little mermaid ride. The line isnt even long and its not really that popular of a ride. Cars land only has one e ticket ride, idk, beside the one ride, which ill get out of the way pretty fast, I dont know that id visit carsland that much. I do have to give disney props for the time, effort, and detail put into carsland but still not that big of a deal for me.
    With that thinking, why would you visit Frontierland all that often? One E-ticket ride, zero other rides.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Don't forget the River Boat and Tom Sawyer's Island.

Critter Country is Splash and Pooh. Toon Town doesn't even have an E ticket. Carsland really has the right amount of rides and entertainment. Yes, having more rides is always nice, but I'll be very happy with what we are getting. Looking forward to the Trolley as well, should make for great energy at the entrance and through Hollywoodland.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    Don't forget the River Boat and Tom Sawyer's Island.

Critter Country is Splash and Pooh. Toon Town doesn't even have an E ticket. Carsland really has the right amount of rides and entertainment. Yes, having more rides is always nice, but I'll be very happy with what we are getting. Looking forward to the Trolley as well, should make for great energy at the entrance and through Hollywoodland.
    Hmm, I never think of Tom Sawyer's Island as frontierland since you get there through the New Orleans square side.

• Sock Puppet

Wow.... I was awestruck by the view looking down Route 66 to the mountain range.... like almost goosebumps on how it's a view rivaling looking down Main Street USA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I just wish that with this relaunch, there were 2 upper level rides/attractions being unveiled. I appreciate the above post about sitting in Flos for an afternoon and just staring at the views, however, I can assure you that I, and other out of town vacationers dont throw down $3,000 or more to do that. I would have gone to Utah or Yosemite or Yellowstone. I love the theming that envolopes you in the exprerience when you are riding the attractions, but make no mistake, the rides are what bring us across the country. Just one more quality ride in Carsland could have made a truly MASSIVE difference. Didnt even need to be an E-ticket.
    From what we've heard so far, RSR is not the only quality ride. I am excited about Flying Tires and Junkyard Jamboree as well, because they are reported to be fun, and with advanced ride systems. I doubt they will be "kiddie" rides (defined as rides that only appeal to children).

WWOHP is a hit with a small but richly themed land, one top notch E Ticket, an old repurposed coaster and a kiddie coaster. As long as RSR lives up to expectations as the "major" ride, I think Cars Land is at least as promising.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 06-01-2012 at 03:35 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Critter Country is:
    1. Splash Mountain
    2. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    3. Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

Frontierland is:
    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Mark Twain
    3. Columbia Sailing Ship
    4. Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island

Mickey's ToonTown is:
    1. Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
    2. Gadget's Go Coaster
    - Jolly Trolley no more.

But none of those lands are 12 acres.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    From what we've heard so far, RSR is not the only quality ride. I am excited about Flying Tires and Junkyard Jamboree as well, because they are reported to be fun, and with advanced ride systems. I doubt they will be "kiddie" rides (defined as rides that only appeal to children).

WWOHP is a hit with a small but richly themed land, one top notch E Ticket, an old repurposed coaster and a kiddie coaster. As long as RSR lives up to expectations as the "major" ride, I think Cars Land is at least as promising.
    But the shops, restaurants, details, and even queue lines count as attractions in WWOHP because they were done in a way that they immersed people in a very specific and sought-after world created in several huge books and movies. Cars does not have the same appeal...Lizzie's Curios is in the movie but it's not a detailed or integral part of the story that fans are familiar with--it'll be used solely to sell merchandise. Millions of people had personal connections with Hogsmeade and yet it only existed in their imaginations before...WWOHP brought them to life! The whole WWOHP was an experience for people to live in the world they'd been dreaming about...Cars Land may be very detailed, but in the end it's not going to hit home with as many people as WWOHP did. It functions very much like any other theme park land. So to compare it to WWOHP is a little far-fetched. No amount of money or scale can match the sense of wonder and excitement brought to such a fan-base as HP.

• Banned User

Exactly, and you realy cant compare Potters secondary attractions to Carsland. I couldnt give a flip if a simple B-ticket ride has a unique ride system or not. Potter has a world class roller coaster and a nice little family coaster with a huge animatronic. Much more of a draw than bumpar cars and spinner.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Exactly, and you realy cant compare Potters secondary attractions to Carsland. I couldnt give a flip if a simple B-ticket ride has a unique ride system or not. Potter has a world class roller coaster and a nice little family coaster with a huge animatronic. Much more of a draw than bumpar cars and spinner.
    Then again Those two rides weren't new, just rethemed roller coasters.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    That is absolutely false. Little Mermaid has a huge per/hour capacity, making it one of the most ridden attractions at Disneyland/DCA on any given day. Typically fourth most ridden after Haunted Mansion, Small World and Pirates, which, like Little Mermaid, rarely have long lines.

Pretty much agree with MAH. The ride system allows it to hold a huge capacity so while it may look like it;s not popular it most definitely is. If you ever go on it you will see that it has guests on it at all times. When WOC lets out there is a stand by line. The characteristics of this ride mimic the haunted mansion a lot as far as the line for it goes.

As for the popularity of Carsland. I don't think we will have to worry about that at all. The Teacups still have a big line in DL. I expect Mater's Junkyard jamboree with fall in with that type of line when all is settles. Heck even Flik's fun fair little carny rides have lines on them. Luigis's Flying Tires come on when will that ride ever lose popularity flying bumper cars And don't they just look awesome I can't wait to go on that a lot. And finally Radiator Springs racers..I don't think anything needs to be said about a full fledged e-ticket attraction they all carry good sized lines. Seems like there are so many threads about a Carsland failure lately. I have an idea lets try it out and see!!!!

• Banned User

It doesnt matter if they are re-themed attractions or not. What matters is how much there is to do WHILE you are being immersed in the land. For me, and I think MANY others, its RSR and thats it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast