Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 76 to 89 of 89
  1. #76

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,632

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Oh, I forgot one thing. Someone posted that they havent heard one bad thing about Maters. Nobody is saying its bad. It looks realy good and cute for what it is. My point is that it isnt ENOUGH. And I dont mean Maters specifically, I just think they should have had one of the 2 B-ticket rides a little more grand of a Didney ride experience. I would have prefered it to be LFT and for Maters to stay like it is. I actually think it might have been ok if they would have gone with the original concept of it being an outdoor style darkride. That could have been realy unique and FUN.
    Read my last post, at the bottom of page 5.

  2. #77

    • A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    171

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    So excited for the Radiator Springs Racers! It looks fast and fun

  3. #78

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    I can't agree with this either. Carsland is an immersive experience with every single detail taken into consideration. I don't see Disneyland letting Carsland go to waste, something I see in Toontown unfortunately. However, Carsland will transform you into a whole new world. Just imagine, seeing the Cadillac Range in all it's beautiful, hand painted detail, riding RSR in the moonlight, looking up at rock monuments with the stars glistening behind them. The streetlights, the neon, the warm summer nights walking down Route 66. And the wonderment of children. Cars came out 6 years ago, and when it first came out, I thought the movie was a 5/10 at best. But children loved the movie. Cars merchandise was flying off the shelf. And to think that all of a sudden kids are gonna stop loving Cars? I think Carsland will prove to stand the test of time. If Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King have stood the test of time, Cars will definitely stand up there amongst the best, and those movies don't even have ride attractions at the DLR.

  4. #79

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.
    Posts
    458

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Oh, I forgot one thing. Someone posted that they havent heard one bad thing about Maters. Nobody is saying its bad. It looks realy good and cute for what it is. My point is that it isnt ENOUGH. And I dont mean Maters specifically, I just think they should have had one of the 2 B-ticket rides a little more grand of a Didney ride experience. I would have prefered it to be LFT and for Maters to stay like it is. I actually think it might have been ok if they would have gone with the original concept of it being an outdoor style darkride. That could have been realy unique and FUN.

    ---------- Post added 06-03-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

    Truthfully, i didnt realize that there would be so many character experiences around Carsland. That will probably get my boys more excited than anything. That should be realy cool.
    I think we all would have liked on of the secondary rides to be closer to a D ticket. Until I ride either one, I won't know for sure how much fun the B/C ticket rides will be. I do admit I've been jonesing for Luigi since the spaceships. Can't remember if I rode those as a kid, but really looking forward to trying them.

    I believe Mater might interact the same way Turtle Talk, Rozz, and the Trash Can interact, with someone controlling it thus giving it a greater personality. When the two young girls from Ellen visited, it was talking to them and talked about seeing the girls on youtube, but called it innertube, which was funny.

  5. #80

    • keh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    so i got to experience all of Cars Land today, attractions and all (RSR 4 times, woo!!), Buena Vista St., and walking up to the Carthay Circle balcony. will post TR/Review later in a new thread XD

  6. #81

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    Then again Those two rides weren't new, just rethemed roller coasters.
    And to be honest, this Harry Potter Land, even if it does have some great rides that some think outdo Disney attractions, sounds like it's giving Disney the ultimate in compliments. Theme. And that's what is adding to its appeal.

    Disney has held the classic monopoly on theme in its parks for decades (since the beginning), and it looks like other parks are finding success in emulating this philosophy.

    This is why I would find visiting Cars Land more enjoyable than visiting Harry Potter Land because, even though I haven't seen Cars, I want to see how Disney is continuing its longstanding tradition of mastering the theme. If some amusement park (granted, one that has been around a long time itself, I know) is trying their "Johnny-come-lately" hand at "theme"ing now, more power to them. I'm still going to give the nod to Disney. They've had their finger on that pulse since the beginning, and I'm always interested to see how they're progressing in this area. I'm very anxious to visit Cars Land.

    This "racer" attraction sounds like it's pretty keen, and the "tires" attraction sounds equally cool, partly because there is a little throwback to the early Disney days and the Flying Saucers, which few people remember, but so many talk about.

    I will admit that I have often found that DCA doesn't give me the same "feeling" that Disneyland does, and this is why 90% of the time I still make a "left" into Disneyland rather than a "right" into DCA. It was never the Pixar presence at DCA so much, as I knew that Pixar and Disney were connected....so that was okay (though I admit, internally, I fought it a little at first because I felt that with the nod to all the Pixar properties there seemed to be more of a watering down of the Disney name in that brand, even though it still comes first in the brand, Disney/Pixar).

    The two are still related, and DCA still gives me WAY more of a "feeling" than Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, or the like have given me.

    It sounds like, as those other parks try to "theme" more in certain areas, they are finding more appeal to those who want more than just a "ride."

    Hand it to Disney for tapping in on that philosophy.....from the very beginning. And I look forward to seeing this new "land."

  7. #82

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Just because it's a flat ride doesn't make it a kiddie ride. MJJ actually packs quite a bit of a punch when it comes to the thrill aspect. Those tractors really whip you around and it's a lot of fun. Adults are going to be enjoying the attraction quite a bit.
    I noticed quite a lot of wear on the turntables and bumpers. If they are that worn in just a few weeks of testing, I see some maintenance issues in the future.

    ---------- Post added 06-03-2012 at 11:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    So excited for the Radiator Springs Racers! It looks fast and fun
    Too fast in my opinion. While the outside racing portion is just right, the inside "dark ride" portion moves too fast. There is little time to be able to actually appreciate the various elements. The interior portion really comes off as a "dark ride". If it weren't for the animatronic vehicles, it would have been a pretty bland experience.

    I think they should actually slow down the vehicles through the interior portion.

  8. #83

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I wasn't criticizing WWOHP, nor saying that Cars Land will necessarily surpass it. However, three new rides definitely hold an advantage over one new ride plus two rethemed ones...as long as the feature attraction (RSR) lives up to expectations.

    My main point was that you can't really dismiss the other two rides as "kiddie rides" because it seems unlikely that they will appeal only to young children. Junkyard Jamboree has been reported to be a fun ride by the O.P. and others, and Flying Tires will present a unique ride system -- a theme park world's first, I believe (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). At the very least, it's certainly unfair to judge them even before riding them yourself.
    So far...So far...The "upgrades" MINUS Buena Vista St AND Carsland at DCA for ME have been a MAJOR disappointment. The very first was The Little Mermaid ride lol. What should, should have been a E-TICKET ride is really a B Ticket ride. It's funny how the defense to the lack of lines is always "how fast it moves people through" yet the ride has the LONGEST queue for LINES that are non-existent. Truly they would never have spent so much space on wait areas if they in fact believed the ride system was so efficient. Give me a break. The Little Mermaid ride is a epic fail at what should have been.

    The clear "problem" of DCA has been the LACK of "E-Ticket" attractions. So far, so far, they have yet to fill this void.

    Will Carsland do it? IDK. I'm professionally in marketing here in Los Angeles, in the entertainment area.. It's clear that Disney has made a choice to move DLR into a more "male" oriented (which all must admit was surely lacking in a male demo dominated thrill ride paradigm)

    Our company's in house research shows very little little interest in Carsland from young males 12+, these are our facts and am not going to get into a debate about these numbers. Second -- Cars wasn't exactly a film that ever, ever exploded in popularity from it's core demo of males. They liked it but didn't love it. It baffles me why DCA choose this film to build a land around, but too late now.

    Like most of you, I'm highly anticipating attending one of the preview nights. I've spent time talking to some of the "set decorators" brought into work on Carsland. Everything they told me in advance of the opening has come to pass in reading these blogs. The theme-ing is of great detail, some say the best Disney has done in years. That's heartening, but then what happened with Mermaid???

    I for one think that DCA 2.0 should involve REMOVING the Steel Coaster and installing a brand new WOODEN coaster to further the "theme-ing" of the Wharf area. The newer "Apocalypse" coaster at Magic Mountain shows what new technologies can do in creating a thrilling, yet comfortable ride when using OLD materials...What's with the "water area" with all the technical devices sticking up and ruining the views? Not one thing is going on in any of the water areas of "DCA" at all until night. All that for World of Color?? Hardly the hit that Fantasmic is...

    Bottom line - DCA will make some impressions thats for sure. Families will flock to it but in the end, where's the E-TICKET rides??????

    I gotta ask... Radiator Springs isn't in California....Why is it so hard to find themes from the epicenter of entertainment and world class adventure from the sea to the deserts to the mountains??

    I want more theme-ing. Stop settling for mediocrity. When Harry Potter opens at Universal, it will dent Disneyland big time. It won't? Read the research surveys from Florida....

    Oh, I'm told that Big Thunder will go down for a MAJOR overhaul in January 2013. I'm told literally a complete rebuild top to bottom - a faster experience....new technologies...Just sayin'

  9. #84

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.
    Posts
    458

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by gijoeinlosangeles View Post
    So far...So far...The "upgrades" MINUS Buena Vista St AND Carsland at DCA for ME have been a MAJOR disappointment. The very first was The Little Mermaid ride lol. What should, should have been a E-TICKET ride is really a B Ticket ride. It's funny how the defense to the lack of lines is always "how fast it moves people through" yet the ride has the LONGEST queue for LINES that are non-existent. Truly they would never have spent so much space on wait areas if they in fact believed the ride system was so efficient. Give me a break. The Little Mermaid ride is a epic fail at what should have been.

    The clear "problem" of DCA has been the LACK of "E-Ticket" attractions. So far, so far, they have yet to fill this void.

    Will Carsland do it? IDK. I'm professionally in marketing here in Los Angeles, in the entertainment area.. It's clear that Disney has made a choice to move DLR into a more "male" oriented (which all must admit was surely lacking in a male demo dominated thrill ride paradigm)

    Our company's in house research shows very little little interest in Carsland from young males 12+, these are our facts and am not going to get into a debate about these numbers. Second -- Cars wasn't exactly a film that ever, ever exploded in popularity from it's core demo of males. They liked it but didn't love it. It baffles me why DCA choose this film to build a land around, but too late now.
    Mermaid isn't a B. D all the way and as good as anything in Fantasy Land, including Small World. Usually a 10 minute line. Considering what it eats per hour, and the fact the park draws only 6 million, its doing a great job.

    Young males 12+ is not, nor will it ever be the demographic Disney goes after. Wives make vacation decisions, kids 2-12 are the ages Disney goes for, along with their families. 12+ males are Magic Mountain. They can have it.

    RSR and Mater look to have hit the target, Luigi missed, the whole area is a hit.

    Thanks for the info on Big Thunder.
    Last edited by socalkdg; 06-03-2012 at 01:35 PM.

  10. #85

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    101

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by gijoeinlosangeles View Post
    Our company's in house research shows very little little interest in Carsland from young males 12+, these are our facts and am not going to get into a debate about these numbers. Second -- Cars wasn't exactly a film that ever, ever exploded in popularity from it's core demo of males. They liked it but didn't love it. It baffles me why DCA choose this film to build a land around, but too late now.
    For all your marketing "expertise," you missed the point. Disney isn't marketing the park to the male 12+ demographic. See Insider67's posts on the subject.

  11. #86

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NV by way of CA
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    I personally cannot wait to get to see this for myself. Though I will not be there during opening weekend I will be there the weekend after to experience Carsland. I loved the Cars movie and expect to truly love what DCA and Carsland has to offer. Thank you for some sneak peak info!

  12. #87

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,894
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    Mermaid isn't a B. D all the way and as good as anything in Fantasy Land, including Small World. Usually a 10 minute line. Considering what it eats per hour, and the fact the park draws only 6 million, its doing a great job.

    Young males 12+ is not, nor will it ever be the demographic Disney goes after. Wives make vacation decisions, kids 2-12 are the ages Disney goes for, along with their families. 12+ males are Magic Mountain. They can have it.

    RSR and Mater look to have hit the target, Luigi missed, the whole area is a hit.

    Thanks for the info on Big Thunder.
    To be honest as cool as the ride is.....it did not go up to the standards most REALLY wanted....heck Star Tours for most did more then people thought it would and is now a loved ride again.

    Mermaid has some cool things in it....but also some big misses from the ending (dont care if Fantasyland rides dont either they are 50 years old and it was more a space issue)

    While Ursala's lair to me shines and is the best part of the ride....some other parks just feel like they could have done better (from fish they are static and dont move) to just the fact that for the most part I don't feel under the sea

  13. #88

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    To be honest as cool as the ride is.....it did not go up to the standards most REALLY wanted....heck Star Tours for most did more then people thought it would and is now a loved ride again.

    Mermaid has some cool things in it....but also some big misses from the ending (dont care if Fantasyland rides dont either they are 50 years old and it was more a space issue)

    While Ursala's lair to me shines and is the best part of the ride....some other parks just feel like they could have done better (from fish they are static and dont move) to just the fact that for the most part I don't feel under the sea
    Have to agree with this! For someone who does like the ride and knows its what DCA needed, there is SOMETHING missing that I cant put my foot on. I do think the main problem is you dont REALLY feel like you are 'under the sea'. You mostly feel like you are in a big show building and I think thats the biggest problem. When you ride stuff like POTC, JTTCOTE, Matterhorn, TOT, you do feel like you are transported somewhere else. Of course you never TRULY feel like you are somewhere else, but there is enough there to tell yourself that.

    But with TLM, it doesnt quite happen for some reason and I think along with the HUGE hype for this ride has made most people feel underwelmed about it. I think most people like it, but I dont know how many LOVE it and thats really what we are talking about.

    As for CL and RSR from what I seen and heard it looks great. All the reviews I read here and other places seems to rate it an A overall! Thats saying something! Its not going to be all perfect, but CL will be easily the most detailed and exotic part of DCA and if RSR is the hit everyone seems to be saying, I dont see how this thing wont be a hit for a very long time? And if Mater and LFT doesnt stack up then in time they can replace them. The exteriors can stay the same, just a different experience but I imagine like TLM they will tweak them as long as they can!

    Anyway, overall the land seems to be a hit! And I cant compare it to Potter because I never been there since it opened at IOA. But no one has really been here yet either, so I dont get the point of the constant comparisons yet until more people do both of them.

  14. #89

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,204

    Re: Cars Land Review - From One Of The First Lucky 66 Guests To Enter

    Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Too fast in my opinion. While the outside racing portion is just right, the inside "dark ride" portion moves too fast. There is little time to be able to actually appreciate the various elements. The interior portion really comes off as a "dark ride". If it weren't for the animatronic vehicles, it would have been a pretty bland experience.

    I think they should actually slow down the vehicles through the interior portion.

    Disagree. I think it's exactly as it should be. A great experience.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Similar Threads

  1. [Rumor] Was I One of the First People to Notice This?
    By Wolf Plunge in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 11:11 AM
  3. Review from members against the POTC refresh?
    By CAspace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •