Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Warning to Disney Store customers.

Just purchased tickets from Disney Store, we did not notice the FINE PRINT that the dates we were going to Disneyland are blocked on the two days, 6-4-12 and 6-5-12, and neither did the store clerk! And they are non refundable! Great! We thought we were saving money, now hopefully we will be able to pay the extra plus black out day prices. They are not very well informed, we even discussed the dates with the clerk and we should have checked closer, BEWARE! By the way we were told that grad night is the 6th & 7th that week, whats happening on the 4th and 5th?

• "What? What?"

Re: Warning to Disney Store customers.

e-mail or call Disney. Tell them the situation, they are pretty good with trying to help people out and make their day more magical... really.

How were you saving money by buying them at a Disney store? I really want to know, I thought they were sold at the same price in sotre, online, or in person.

Don't blame the sales clerk for not being well informed. You can't expect them to memorize the blackout dates. If you were purchasing them at a resort ticket booth, maybe, but not some hourly worker in a Disney Store.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Still Dizzy

Sounds like he bought the 99 dollar so-cal deal. It's not just at the Disney store. It's available at grocery stores, at the disney site, etc.

Tickets above are valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999, and proof of residency is required for purchase and admission. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Tickets expire June 9, 2012. Blockout days of 3/30/12-4/15/12 and 6/4/12-6/5/12 apply. May purchase up to 5 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Tickets not valid before 1/4/12. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    Don't blame the sales clerk for not being well informed. You can't expect them to memorize the blackout dates. If you were purchasing them at a resort ticket booth, maybe, but not some hourly worker in a Disney Store.
    They shouldn't have to memorize the dates, but I would hope that they would have something to reference at the very least in the case that a customer has a question about blockout days. Sure, the clerk may not be to blame, but certainly the management holds some responsibility if an employee is uninformed about a product they are selling in the store. Though, if this were Von's, I would probably feel differently than this happening at an actual Disney store.

• Minion

It sounds more like the consumer should read the fine print. A store clerk is not always going to know the answers that would benefit every customer.

We called Disneyland direct and talked to a cast member who told us to take the Disney Store tickets to the ticket booth at Disneyland, and then make up the difference, $284, that was the discount. What is happening on the 4th and 5th of June? Those are the black-out days.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We called Disneyland direct and talked to a cast member who told us to take the Disney Store tickets to the ticket booth at Disneyland, and then make up the difference, $284, that was the discount. What is happening on the 4th and 5th of June? Those are the black-out days.
    I found this doing a google search. It's a blog comment so take it as you will but it sounds like a good reason.

June 4th and 5th are blockout dates because those are the last two days that the "Southern California Select" annual passports are valid before the summer blockout of June 6 to August 20. Historically, both parks have nearly reached capacity on those final days. It's the only two days in June that all five annual passport types are valid.

You don't want to be near Disneyland June 4th and 5th. That's going to be a nightmare; though probably not quite as bad as June 17-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I found this doing a google search. It's a blog comment so take it as you will but it sounds like a good reason.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    If we go the 6th and the 7th will we be kicked out of the park early? And if so when, are tickets are good thru the 9th. thank you for all your help, Rich

I wish I had know the parks would almost reach capacity those 2 days! What a nightmare those days are part of the trip I'm taking. Oh well, I'm going to make the best of it.

• "What? What?"

If we go the 6th and the 7th will we be kicked out of the park early? And if so when, are tickets are good thru the 9th. thank you for all your help, Rich
    If you are planning on paying the difference anyway... Go up to the ticket booth the day of and play stupid. When they tell you it will cost another $300 act shocked and thrown off. If you can get a manager over to your window... they may work something out for you.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Under that tree again!

No Grad Nite parties don't start until 11pm in DL.

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    You don't want to be near Disneyland June 4th and 5th. That's going to be a nightmare; though probably not quite as bad as June 17-18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post

June 4th and 5th are blockout dates because those are the last two days that the "Southern California Select" annual passports are valid before the summer blockout of June 6 to August 20. Historically, both parks have nearly reached capacity on those final days. It's the only two days in June that all five annual passport types are valid.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    The AP Calendar is made up a year in advance. At that time and when the SoCal resident tickets came out they probably didn't know when CL may be opening. So they had to for large crowds on the 4th and 5th if it was going to be open then. Later on they made the 15th the opening date and the 4th and 5th won't be anywhere near capacity. There is no extra incentive for the SoCal Select APHs to go on those days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by niknakk View Post
    I wish I had know the parks would almost reach capacity those 2 days! What a nightmare those days are part of the trip I'm taking. Oh well, I'm going to make the best of it.

Get there EARLY, eat meals early, and fast pass like there is no tomorrow. You should be just fine. You can get quite a few rides in before 11 AM and have a fistful of fast passes to get you through the afternoon. I've been there before on crowded days and if you plan for it, you should be fine.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No Grad Nite parties don't start until 11pm in DL.

The AP Calendar is made up a year in advance. At that time and when the SoCal resident tickets came out they probably didn't know when CL may be opening. So they had to for large crowds on the 4th and 5th if it was going to be open then. Later on they made the 15th the opening date and the 4th and 5th won't be anywhere near capacity. There is no extra incentive for the SoCal Select APHs to go on those days.
    If it was the very last time I was going to get to go to the park until the end of August, you bet I'd be there.

I don't think it had anything to do with carsland.

Edited to Add: If it was because of a potential carsland opening, the blockout dates wouldn't have been a Monday & Tuesday. They would have blocked out the weekend, not a monday.

• Minion

Yeah, the discounted tickets come with all kinds of restrictions. I've found that unless you can be flexible on dates, they may not be what you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast