Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: Interesting Disneyland Rumors

I've eaten the skewers at Bengal Barbecue twice, and twice I have gotten sick from them and thrown up. I no longer eat the skewers at the Bengal Barbecue.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

I have wandered up to the storage area on the 2nd floor directly above the French Market several times in recent years. It is a big unfinished room with some storage for extra chairs, highchairs, linens, and dining room supplies for Club 33. The center of the area is a chain-link fenced storage pen that holds all the extra wine, spirits, and liquor for Club 33. You could call it a wine "cellar", but it's really just a big chain link fence cage with industrial shelving holding a lot of bottles of booze.

When you are waiting in the serving line at the French Market, this space is directly above your head on the second floor.

If it were ever to be turned into a jazz club or dining room, it would be a very small space only capable of holding a couple dozen people at most.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I have wandered up to the storage area on the 2nd floor directly above the French Market several times in recent years. It is a big unfinished room with some storage for extra chairs, highchairs, linens, and dining room supplies for Club 33. The center of the area is a chain-link fenced storage pen that holds all the extra wine, spirits, and liquor for Club 33. You could call it a wine "cellar", but it's really just a big chain link fence cage with industrial shelving holding a lot of bottles of booze.

When you are waiting in the serving line at the French Market, this space is directly above your head on the second floor.

If it were ever to be turned into a jazz club or dining room, it would be a very small space only capable of holding a couple dozen people at most.
    If you look at the Google Maps, the second level is bigger than Club 33 as it extends not only over the French Market, but also over those shops, should they knock down the walls, or whatever, they'd have a lot of area up there to put something!

I think that the large staircase at the Court de Angels leads up to this area (as well as Club 33), I'm thinking they might use this area as a place to call parties to go up there, leaving the French Market relatively intact.

One Club 33 dining room has a capacity of 66, I think, and 33 for the other. I am guessing that they could probably fit 100 to 150 up there as the area is bigger than the seating area for the French Market if you look at Google Maps. This is assuming they could use one of NOS's kitchens to make the food and bring it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    the area above the french market is part of club 33, Id really be surprised if they make that into a haunted restaurant
    Sorry, this is not correct. Club 33 is entirely over the entrance area to Blue Bayou, the bridge over the end of Rue Royale and Cafe Orleans. The subject of expanding Club 33 came up and the storage area over the French Market arose as well as a potential future expansion over/instead of the Dream Suite. (The staircase in Court d'Angels leads up to an emergency exit of Club 33.) I'm guessing neither will materialize...

..but the point here is that the area over the French Market is storage.

• Resident of the Caldera

Tokyo Disneyland used to offer a 3D (lenticular) print of you sitting in Benny the cab in Toontown. This photo was NOT taken inside Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but in a ride vehicle in front of a green screen located in the Imageworks store in Tomorrowland. I had one taken in 1999 because it was so cool (print is about 8.5 x 11 inches) but they stopped offering it years ago.

They need to do something to motivate more people to purchase the photos (these days people just stand in front of the preview screens and take a photo of their preview photo with their cell phones). A 3D photo would add a whole new dimension (ha ha) to the experience.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

1) I've never eaten at Bengal BBQ so the refurb doesn't mean much to me yet.
    2) I can't see anyone purchasing a 3D picture of themselves on SM. Having to put on glasses to look at it would be a PITA and I certainly wouldn't do it. Plus, would they sell the glasses there too? Would they come with the picture if one was purchased? Would they continue to offer the "boring old" 2D pictures? I don't see this happening.
    3) ...That's all I have to say about that...

Quote Originally Posted by TTN View Post
    I thought the area above the French Market was Club 33's wine "cellar"?
    It's a hodgepodge. When you get to the top of the stairs in the Court of the Angels, going to the left takes you to the freight elevator and I think the area manager's office. Going to the right you go down the open gallery. At the end is the back door to the Club 33 Manager's office and access to the club. Halfway down on the left is the area above French Market.

The open area inside the double doors is general storage for Club 33 tables and chairs, decorations, etc. There is a solid wall on the right hand side with a door to the Club's wine cellar/liquor locker. Ahead on the left side is the Arribas Bros. cage, which is their stockroom (I used to work there). If you go between the two to the end, there is access to lighting for the French Market stage.

There have been proposals for decades to put some type of fine dining location there. They would probably put a hostess station in the old Le Forgeron cubbyhole. Alternatively, they could take over the Bat en Rouge. The questions remaining are where they relocate Arribas and the Club's wine cellar, where they put the elevator, and how they service it from the New Orleans Central Kitchen in the basement (they would have to extend the services that support French Market up to the second floor--stairs, elevator, dumbwaiters, etc.). Frankly, I don't see why they don't add an additional dining room for Club 33.

• Sock Puppet

I wouldn't want the HM restaurant to be an AA show. I would want it to be a moody Victorian room(s) with slight effects to make it somewhat scary but not too scary. Just unsettling. Maybe have fans that make it feel like cold spots that travel around and maybe a low groaning sound that you can just make out. Perhaps you look in a mirror that when you look into it, you can sort of see a ghost but it could just be a messy mirror. The waiters could be very grim like the Cast Members in the ride. Or maybe a bit more like the bellhops in TOT.

Something is up with Bengal BBQ. It used to be a pretty good place to eat, but lately the quality has gone down to the point of being almost inedible. Go on their Yelp page and look at low badly their ratings have dipped in the past year and a half.

There is a way to print pictures in 3D where you can look at them without glasses. I think I've seen them at other amusement parks, but usually for a photo op. I don't think I've seen them for on ride photos. Personally, I think if they just lowered the price for a digital download they'd get way more people buying the photos. Maybe have a little kiosk like at the exit to Buzz and charge a few dollars to email a high def photo to yourself.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Club 33 is above blue byou not French market
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

The Bengal rehab has been talked about for a couple years now. The original plan is quite grand and involves also adding a second level to River Belle Terrace - not that I hope that happens, but I fear the rehab could make major changes to this little corner.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    Club 33 is above blue byou not French market
    Neither is correct. Club 33 is over Cafe Orleans and just the entrance to Blue Bayou.

• Foolish Mortal

So is all of this going to be true? Do we have anything to confirm it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Tokyo Disneyland used to offer a 3D (lenticular) print of you sitting in Benny the cab in Toontown. This photo was NOT taken inside Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but in a ride vehicle in front of a green screen located in the Imageworks store in Tomorrowland. I had one taken in 1999 because it was so cool (print is about 8.5 x 11 inches) but they stopped offering it years ago.

They need to do something to motivate more people to purchase the photos (these days people just stand in front of the preview screens and take a photo of their preview photo with their cell phones). A 3D photo would add a whole new dimension (ha ha) to the experience.
    This would be awesome. Did a (very) quick Google search and if it's what I imagine, then it'd be awesome to have at least one photo of myself and friends on a ride or in the park somewhere. I'd totally prefer this over the cheesy frames they offer now...that tend to cover up at least part of one person on the ride. As long as they don't motivate people by watermarking the photos at the end of the ride like they do at WDW. If anything, that made me less inclined to even ask the CM about my photo because I didn't know if it turned out well or not.

Re: the digital download proposal: yes! Even if Disney sold digital downloads for $1, they'd make bank. People will pay for quality and it's certainly better than the resounding nothing (or seemingly so) they make at the moment.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Hi
    Last edited by Trav1Disney; 07-31-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast