Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Interesting Disneyland Rumors

I heard some pretty interesting rumors a couple weeks ago, thought I drop them here for your comments.

1. Bengal Barbecue going down for refurb this summer. Eh. I've never been a big fan as I usually go for French Market or something in NOS.

2. Splash Mountain will at some point get 3D photos for purchase at the end of the ride. I am guessing that this is the photo they take at the top of the ride.

3. The area above the French Market is being eyed for a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant, giving the popularity of the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay I guess. Might include serving a special dinner with Fantasmic viewing, and/or a small audioanimatronic show before/during dinner. I was asking about the refurbishment on the walkway heading over to this space and got an interesting answer! I don't know what this space is used for now, maybe storage, but its not currently opened to guests.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 05-31-2012 at 01:18 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Interesting Disneyland Rumors

1) I hope not no point in closing during its busiest season
    2) Cool.....could be a bad thing since I wont be able to take pictures of the Pic and post it on facebook
    3) That would be pretty cool and hope something like that happens...I'll be willing to go day one

• "What? What?"

I have never been in Bangal BBQ. But I will admit in in the last year the food I have tried there was 20 times better then in the past. I think it's very important ot have an Adventure Land themed eatery there too though... Maybe if they could turn the Kabobs into a more meal like over at Paradise Garden (i think thats what it's called)
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

the area above the french market is part of club 33, Id really be surprised if they make that into a haunted restaurant

• Minion

I love the Bengal BBQ skewers. Just enough for a heavy protein snack to get me through to the next meal. Not that I've been known to make a meal out of a beef skewer and a box of popcorn or anything...

1) Wont bother me any
    2) I wouldn't pay for it
    3) When can I make a reservation?! hahaha ... But really that would be fun

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    the area above the french market is part of club 33, Id really be surprised if they make that into a haunted restaurant
    Actually, no. I got some of this info from a CM at Club 33, which is located above Cafe Orleans. I was loitering waiting to go in when I noticed the refurbishment (actually they were tearing out wood and stuff!! I plan to post pics for my trip report when I figure out how to down-size the images for a thread) on the bridge leading to the area above the French Market, (near the restrooms and the NOS train station).

I want to say that the area above French Market is storage space. I think I read this in one of Kevin Yee's book.

Check out NOS on Google maps, you can see that the amount of space is pretty big up there, and apparently used for nothing.

I try to ride the mansion on every visit, though this doesn't always happen. I do like HMH, and would love to see a little Lock, Shock and Barrel show, though I don't know if this is what they were talking about. I'm afraid they'll have to tear out trees to see Fantasmic though, always a bad thing.

• Insomniac

I'm guessing the haunted mansion restaurant comes from the tease given at D23 last year that new experiences would let you dine with imagineers in the haunted mansion, re-experience circle vision, and Tahitian terrace. No information was given regarding what they ment except that more info would be given later. I doubt they would change it to a a haunted mansion theme, but you never know. Bengal BBQ would be the only one that I could see happening. 3D photos? Really? Why? Rethemed restaurant? Really? Why? Reworking a restaurant so that it works better with crowd flow/ introduce new dining options? Makes sense to me (even during summer).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    (actually they were tearing out wood and stuff!! I plan to post pics for my trip report when I figure out how to down-size the images for a thread)
    You can use imgur.com; all you have to do is drag and drop the image onto the website, copy the image's URL, and paste it into the field on the image button. Make sure to uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" before posting.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I'm guessing the haunted mansion restaurant comes from the tease given at D23 last year that new experiences would let you dine with imagineers in the haunted mansion, re-experience circle vision, and Tahitian terrace. No information was given regarding what they ment except that more info would be given later. I doubt they would change it to a a haunted mansion theme, but you never know. Bengal BBQ would be the only one that I could see happening. 3D photos? Really? Why? Rethemed restaurant? Really? Why? Reworking a restaurant so that it works better with crowd flow/ introduce new dining options? Makes sense to me (even during summer).
    I got the impression that the HM themed restaurant would have somewhat limited seating, sort of like the Blue Bayou, and you'd need a reservation well advance. No doubt it will probably be pricey, though it looks like it could have a lot more space than Club 33 and accomodate special events like eating with imagineers.

I hope they do special HMH dinners with NBC characters. I know that the new Belle restaurant in WDW will have special effects and little mini-shows, it would be nice to see something like that come to this restaurant.

I think the D23 reference was for special once every five year events where you'd get to eat inside the Haunted Mansion, they had something like this at WDW years ago. I really hope that this isn't what they were talking about as I hope something like that comes to Disneyland.

I think an HM restaurant above French Market would get a lot of business, if just for the ambiance, as NOS is always packed for lunch.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

1. Hopefully they install the capability to make actual MEALS. I was very disappointed the day I finally decided to try some BBQ at Disneyland only to find it was skewers that would only fill up an ant. Some BBQ hot dogs, hamburgers and ribs would be DELIGHTFUL. Don't feel like spending 25 bucks in Fronteirland for that either.
    2. Could be very interesting and I see this taking over at the resort as a tactic to cut down on people taking pictures of the screen with their phones. My guess is when you come to the photo viewing area, a CM will be standing in the area with 3D glasses so you can view. It'll up the charge of pictures by at least 25%, have a decent gimmick to reel more people into buying pictures instead of taking a quick photo with their phones and give your Disneyland vacation a special niche keepsake.
    3. I'll have to hear more about this. Not really interested but I'm sure those who enjoy being in exclusive clubs for the sake of exclusivity will love it.

Talking Re: Interesting Disneyland Rumors

How about an elegant spooky restaurant in the penthouse of the Hollywood Tower Hotel? Breathtaking view, plus the elevator ride down would settle your dinner.
    ______
    Rachane

• Lighting Design Lover

I thought the area above the French Market was Club 33's wine "cellar"?

1. Bummer but glad to see the place getting some love, one of my favorite spots to eat in the park. I actually have a decent meal by doing a meat skewer, veggie skewer, and the jalapeno cheese pretzel! YUM!

2. More 3D?... I thought it was just a fad?...
    3. One of the most exciting things I've heard recently not having to do with DCA! If it turns out to be true I'd be there day one. HM is probably one of, if not my favorite, rides in the whole park. I actually tend to get bummed that HMH sticks around for such a long chunk out of the year.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Tour Ready

The area above the French Market is currently used as storage for tables/chairs/etc. for Club 33. The space was originally planned as a jazz club but they never completed the project. It is rumored to one day become an additional dining room for Club 33.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast