Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry I am having such a hard time getting tickets to DL

I am really getting frustrated with DL. We have been planning our trip for 3 years. It was supposed to be a reunion trip with my sisters families then last year my DS passed away. He was a huge Disney fan so this became our memorial/celebration trip to him. We have had shirts made with his pictures and everything. I have been so excited to go and celebrate him. The plan was to get park hoppers so we could get a MM and also avoid a blackout day then upgrade them to APs. Then the price increase happened. We were just going to go right ahead and get our APs but realized that the only day that all the families could be there together was a blackout day and we didn't want to upgrade at the park because it would have cost an additional $450 so we decided on 5 day PHs. My problem was that I had bought $1200 worth of Disney gift cards (25 of them) at the grocery store so I could get fuel points. My plan was to buy our passes at the Disney Store. Problem was that they didn't have any, just the ones that expired in May. I couldn't exchange the gift cards for one gift card at the Disney Store because the cash register wouldn't do it. I couldn't buy my passes online because I had too many gift cards. My only option was to call. I was transferred 5x that Sat. until I got to someone that could help me. She said it was no problem she could take them. She said there would be a 48 hr hold on the order then they would mail them to me (that was the option I chose). My DH asked me about them last night so I decided to call to check on them today. The CM had to go check and came back and told me that my order had been denied. What ?! He said there were too many gift cards so they wouldn't do it. I was so mad for more than one reason. First, I wanted my tickets for the price I paid and they hadn't even contacted me to let me know that I couldn't have them. They had my email address and home address and there was plenty of time to get something to me in the mail. He told me they would refund my money. I don't want my money back, I want my tickets. Never was I told that there might be a problem with my order. I threw away the used gift cards and activation receipts because I had already paid and they were used. I told the guy that I wanted to talk to someone higher up to fix this. He transferred me to someone and she was the wrong someone because she dealt with issues in the park, not tickets. She said she would find the right person to get this fixed but I wouldn't hear until tomorrow because it was the end of the day. I am so upset . We went from getting APs to not so I don't get my anniversary trip and now we don't even have tickets at all. Has anyone else had problems like this? What are my chances of having them fix this? I'm just glad I found this out now and not as we were leaving or at the ticket booth.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: I am having such a hard time getting tickets to DL

Sorry to hear that....did not know you could have...too many gift cards...could you buy you tickets one at a time? Or is that still too many even for one ticket

•   
    • Minion

I would keep following up with them. They are known for being really good at fixing issues. As for your giftcards I would go to the grocery store where you bought them and ask them to retrieve your receipt if you need the proof you bought them. It sounds like you bought your giftcards at Safeway/Vons as this is a promotion we have. They can retrieve your receipt pretty easy if you give them the date you bought them which your bank can provide. Good luck all i can say is be polite with the CMs on the phone but also keep following up

remember folks ALL and any refunds that involve credit of any kind NEEDS to go back on the original cards. By the way you could have called the WDTC and got your tickets right there and used many gift cards. I had a lady pay for one package with 20

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would keep following up with them. They are known for being really good at fixing issues. As for your giftcards I would go to the grocery store where you bought them and ask them to retrieve your receipt if you need the proof you bought them. It sounds like you bought your giftcards at Safeway/Vons as this is a promotion we have. They can retrieve your receipt pretty easy if you give them the date you bought them which your bank can provide. Good luck all i can say is be polite with the CMs on the phone but also keep following up
    I bought them at Fry's/Kroger. I was thinking I may have to go to them to get the receipts. I will wait until I talk to them tomorrow before I go that route. There is also my Disney Visa that I used. I have been very polite but at the same time letting them know my frustration. I was starting to lose it a little when the guy today acted like I should just accept it. I quickly asked to be transferred though.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Sorry to hear that....did not know you could have...too many gift cards...could you buy you tickets one at a time? Or is that still too many even for one ticket
    I didn't know you could have too many either. If that was the case she should have told me right off. I would have done as many transactions as I needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    remember folks ALL and any refunds that involve credit of any kind NEEDS to go back on the original cards. By the way you could have called the WDTC and got your tickets right there and used many gift cards. I had a lady pay for one package with 20
    WDTC was the place I was originally transferred to on the 19th and I was told that they couldn't help me because I wasn't getting a package with hotel, just tickets. They then transferred me to someone else. If she had told me that there could possibly be any problems with the order I would have kept the gift cards and the activation codes.

So sorry to hear that. It IS frustrating. But I'm sure tomorrow when you speak with the right person finally, that they will fix the issue.

BTW I think there is a glitch in the system for buying tickets online with multiple gift cards. I wanted to use 3 gift cards to buy my ticket and it said only one can be used. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think I hit 'back' and it let me enter in additional card numbers. So overall I DID pay for my ticket with 3 gift cards at once, even though it says you can't.

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

Oh and one last tip with dealing with any company - always ask your questions at least to 2 different people. I can't tell you how many times I hear "NO" from one employee and "YES" from another. So if they tell you something can't be done, call again and speak with someone else.

• I am number 4 of 999

Not that this helps you now, of course, but I knew this only because I had 2 Disney Visa Rewards cards and a gift card and they couldn't accept all three of them on one order. I had to go to a Disney Store, purchase ONE gift card, and then use it online. It's down right stupid.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

How much did you save by buying 25 gift cards? $12? On $1200?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I had to go to a Disney Store, purchase ONE gift card, and then use it online. It's down right stupid.
    I tried to do that. I called the Disney Store and asked if I could purchase one gift card with all of my $50 gift cards and they said yes. The girl even went and asked someone else to verify. They told me I could load it up to $1500. I got there and when she tried to load it for $1200 it wouldn't work and would only allow $1000 even though it said up to $1500. No biggie, I would just do 2 transactions. Then when she tried to pay for it with my gift cards it wouldn't accept it saying you couldn't use a gift card for a gift card. Waste of a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    How much did you save by buying 25 gift cards? $12? On $1200?
    When you buy gift cards at Fry's you earn double fuel points so I earned 2400 fuel points. You save .10 a gallon for every 100 fuel points. It was just a way to save money somewhere and with how expensive gas is every .10 off helps. In lieu of all that has happened, it would have been better if I hadn't bought them and just ordered my tickets online with my Disney Visa. But if they hadn't had the price increase and I would have just been able to go buy them at the Disney Store it would have worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Not that this helps you now, of course, but I knew this only because I had 2 Disney Visa Rewards cards and a gift card and they couldn't accept all three of them on one order. I had to go to a Disney Store, purchase ONE gift card, and then use it online. It's down right stupid.
    again if you CALLED to speak to someone at the travel center this wouldnt have been a problem. Speaking to people is actually better but not sure how many times i can keep telling everyone. We have WAYS of forcing stuff like that through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    again if you CALLED to speak to someone at the travel center this wouldnt have been a problem. Speaking to people is actually better but not sure how many times i can keep telling everyone. We have WAYS of forcing stuff like that through.
    Like I said before, I did speak with someone at WDTC and she said she couldn't help me because I wanted tickets only and not a package. I physically didn't dial that number but it is one of the places I was transferred to. You might have ways of forcing stuff like that thru but when I'm told that they don't have the ability to help me and I need to speak to someone else then I tend to believe them. I've found that not everyone knows what is going on but its hard to tell which people those are.

I have an update. The girl I talked to last night called me this morning and said that she spoke with someone in tickets and they confirmed that they couldn't accept that many gift cards over the phone so they are refunding my gift cards. I made sure she knew that I no longer had them and she said she knew and they knew and they were going to be mailing me new gift cards. I asked her if they are just going to give me new gift cards why can't they just make it all on one and then process my order now. She was going to ask and they are supposed to call and confirm everything. I haven't heard from them yet and it's been over 4 hrs. so who knows. She is going to put my name on an exception list at Guest Services and I will buy our tickets from them at the old price when we get there. I am still worried that something is going to happen and the other shoe is going to drop, again. I would also feel better if the ticket person would call like they were supposed to. If I don't hear from them today I will call Lauren back to find out what's going on.

Hopefully everything ends up working out for you and your family!! I hate to see you going through such a hard process when this is supposed to be a memorial trip for your family. Im sending you my prayers that hopefully everything works out!

Quote Originally Posted by niknakk View Post
    Hopefully everything ends up working out for you and your family!! I hate to see you going through such a hard process when this is supposed to be a memorial trip for your family. Im sending you my prayers that hopefully everything works out!
    Thank you !

Things are not working out and I still don't have tickets or gift cards. I have been given such a run around. I was supposed to hear from someone in tickets on Fri but I didn't. Things got crazy Mon so I wasn't able to call but I did call Tues. Since I didn't have the name or number of anyone in tickets that would be helping me I had to call Lauren back. She said that she would call tickets and have them call me. Later that afternoon I heard from Sarah. She said she couldn't help me because they had already refunded the gift cards. She said that Lauren never told her I didn't have them. Since there are gift cards in the land fill that have money on them I needed to talk with gift card resolution services. She transferred me but I got disconnected. I called Lauren again and she said she knew who that was and gave me the number but transferred me. The number was to an unmonitored voice mail but gave me another number to speak with someone. I called it and it was Disneyland Merchandising. I was transferred to a few different people there and finally got to Barb who said she could help me but needed the gift card numbers or at least partial numbers. I called Lauren back because I had no way of contacting Sarah and she found that Sarah had already left for the day but she'd send her an email to have her call me first thing. I didn't ever hear from her so I was finally able to call her at 3:55 this afternoon. She was on another call so I had to wait about 20 min. when she told me that she had spoken with people and there wasn't anything the could do for me, they were at the "end of the line". I said, I don't think so. You have $1200 of my money and I want my tickets even if I have to go to Bob Iger to get them. She said she couldn't get the gift card numbers for me but took Barb's number. She put me on hold and finally came back to tell me that she was speaking with her manager to see what they could do. All I could think of was that I hoped it wasn't the first time she spoke with her manager. Finally at 5:00 she came back on the phone and said that they finally found the person to help me but she was gone for the day. Sarah is supposed to call me at 12:30 tomorrow and get this worked out so that my tickets will be at Will Call when we get there. Call me simple but I don't understand why they can't just go to the ticket booth, print 5 tickets and call it good.

I am extremely frustrated and upset that I can't be enjoying getting ready for my trip. As you can see by my signature we leave soon and this should be the exciting time but has instead been filled with frustration and uncertainty. I have gotten such a run around, been transferred to more people than I can remember and have spent numerous hours on the phone and still don't have my tickets. I just really hope tomorrow is the end of this roller coaster because I'm ready to get off.

Note to self: never buy $1200 in gift cards to earn fuel points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast