Post Mickey's Halloween Party - Dates?

Hello all,

I am planning a trip with friends to the DL Resort roughly Oct 11 - 16 this year. We have a strong interest in participating in Mickey's Halloween Party. For the past couple months we have been waiting for Disney to release exact dates to ensure we would be able to time the trip to optimize going to the party. For example, because it is an up charge event, it would be ideal to arrive to the resort early afternoon and go to Mickey's Halloween Party that evening. Unfortunately the exact dates have yet to be released.

Does anyone have information on what days they have been in the past, if they tend to stick to certain days of the week, etc? Perhaps the potential dates? It would help with some pre-planning before they release official dates. I have checked this site often with no luck: Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park

Thanks in advance!

• some assembly required

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party - Dates?

Good question.
    I too, have been waiting. In fact this is holding up my plans! I cannot book anything until the DLR releases those dates. I suppose I could just wing it, and hope that my plans overlap a night when the event takes place.

And may I ask additional questions in the OP's thread??? What are the logistics of the event if I were to buy GA for the day time? Do they send everyone out of the park, then re-open for the event? Can we stay in DL until the event happens? I am staying at a GN hotel, so maybe we should plan a break if they close between the day operations and the event.

Also, I have a feeling that the Santa Ana winds may be strong this year. How much is too much wind before they cancel the fireworks?

On another site, I heard a rumor that DCA would be hosting events 2x per week. Anyone have insight to this?

Thx Mr Sarcastic! I am sorry for *kinda* HJ'ing your thread... but I hope it is info you and others can use also (once someone in-the-know answers our questions!!!)
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSarcastic View Post
    Does anyone have information on what days they have been in the past, if they tend to stick to certain days of the week, etc? Perhaps the potential dates?
    Historically, Tuesdays, Fridays and Halloween Day have been the party nights. Monday the 8th may host one instead of the 9th.

Official dates could come out any time now.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    What are the logistics of the event if I were to buy GA for the day time? Do they send everyone out of the park, then re-open for the event? Can we stay in DL until the event happens? I am staying at a GN hotel, so maybe we should plan a break if they close between the day operations and the event.

Also, I have a feeling that the Santa Ana winds may be strong this year. How much is too much wind before they cancel the fireworks?

On another site, I heard a rumor that DCA would be hosting events 2x per week. Anyone have insight to this?
    Last year you could enter that park 3 hours before the party started which you party ticket, and come in in costume. You can not wear a costume all day. So many people go back to hotel to change.

When you enter with your ticket you are given a wriste band to distinguish you as a party guest. At 6pm on Tuesday or 7pm on Friday the party started. Attractions, some dining/stores and the trick or treat stations would have CMs checking the wrist bands, if you didn't have one you were directed to the exit.

A light wind can hamper the fireworks. They can reduce some of the high fireworks to cope with this before cancelling the whole show. If the wind is light on the groung it's usually heavy up higher and will cancel the show.

You only heard a rumor, there is no official indication that the Halloween party is ever moving to DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Thx Mr Sarcastic! I am sorry for *kinda* HJ'ing your thread... but I hope it is info you and others can use also (once someone in-the-know answers our questions!!!)
    No worries! Those are great questions too!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Historically, Tuesdays, Fridays and Halloween Day have been the party nights. Monday the 8th may host one instead of the 9th.

Official dates could come out any time now.

Thanks for the info! It's good to know what happened in past years. Hopefully they release the info soon, though.

• some assembly required

hmmm... 3pm-10pm[?] on a Tues.

I suppose I could cut out a hopper day and save a few bucks (from 3 days+event to 2 days+event) and go up to the Getty the moring of the event (we were trying to fig out how to work that in). I will double check the h'ween event tickets for the fine print before I fully decide. We have M-Th for theme parks b/c all other days are marked for other things; we have to fit in a Knott's day for old time sake if possible. So far, this is coming together very well... now if DLR would just hurry up and release the darn tix I will be booked and pack and ready to go, even if it is 4 months away - I am only half-kidding about being packed this early out! So jazzed. Due to crazy happenings in my life, this will be my first vaykay week since spring of 2011.

Thx so much for the info Swampymarsh!!! I have been lurking on this board for years and I have been following your posts in the "busy" thread for a couple months. Tons of info from all.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)