Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: World of Color Enhancements - Glow with the Show

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...say what you will about the Bugslife Segment (not really funny...or really relevant to the movie even) and Fantasia.......but the Pocahontas segment is pretty Amazing and the music from the music is pretty epic....

I've heard rumors that Aladdin was suppose to go for a Tangled Segment...only time will tell

AGREED!! Pocahontas is an awesome movie. But better yet was the music. SOOOOO TOTALLY EPIC and it goes with the show.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Thats my guess. Tangled deserves a full segment more than a bugs life, fantasia 2000, or Pocahontas IMO.
    Are you KIDDING me??? Pocahontas is by far one of the strongest segments in the show. I don't think any movie "deserves" more featuring than another. If it's in the canon, it should be allowed. But that segment is amazing.

Coldplay does this for their concerts, basically they give you a wrist band that is controlled by the lighting people of the show and they turn on your wrist band on specific songs/patterns via a remote, you cant turn these bands on and off as you please they have full control on when they are on.. its really cool i can Disney using this same technology to go along with the show. heres a video Mylo Xyloto Coldplay Live Seattle 2012 - YouTube

^^Thats my guess. Tangled deserves a full segment more than a bugs life, fantasia 2000, or Pocahontas IMO.
    well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but even if Pocahontas has no lasers or any crazy effects, the music (which was originally recorded for WoC version 1) it is very powerful and the fountains dance gracefully and it never fails to send shivers up my spine. although i wish that flat moments such as Dory and Nemo, and also Heimlich would be replaced with something more elaborate (it gets boring when you've seen the show a few times)

Great!! They used the same kind of technology during the coldplay concert where everyone in attendance was given a wristband with some sort of lighting on it and during the concert, all of the lights would turn on and go in sync with the music. It was AMAZING to see!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by logicspeaks View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a tacky and lame addition?

So what if you have hats that light up, you can't see your own and they will make it even more difficult to see the show if the people in front of you all have them on...
    But other people can see yours and you can see other people's. If the hats can be added tastefully to the show, then I am all for it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but even if Pocahontas has no lasers or any crazy effects, the music (which was originally recorded for WoC version 1) it is very powerful and the fountains dance gracefully and it never fails to send shivers up my spine. although i wish that flat moments such as Dory and Nemo, and also Heimlich would be replaced with something more elaborate (it gets boring when you've seen the show a few times)
    Well I thin the reason a scene like Toy Story when they are talking work is because it is a "classic" scene while the stuff from Nemo and Bugs life...are not so much...they had WAY better scenes from the movies and choose much weaker and boring parts fro some reason

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...say what you will about the Bugslife Segment (not really funny...or really relevant to the movie even) and Fantasia.......but the Pocahontas segment is pretty Amazing and the music from the music is pretty epic....

I've heard rumors that Aladdin was suppose to go for a Tangled Segment...only time will tell
    Pocahontas is one of my favorite Disney movies and I think it works wonderfully with WOC.

Glad they even added older/lesser known cartoons to the WOC mix and not just the newer stuff.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think you give Disney too much credit.

I totally expect the simple 'react to music' dancing light toys integrated into Mickey Ears.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Minion

Sounds interesting. I am a bit skeptical though because there are a couple of different types of technology they could use for this. The type that cold play uses is completely controlled in the environment in which they are given out and meant to be used. This could be a neat idea if they went this approach and didn't over use it. Being in the back row with 1000s of these hats on could take away from the show if it's over done.

Now the second and more cheap way to go is to use the technology you see on those shirts at the mall that just react to sound. Much like flynn said above. This second option would be awful and over used and really in my opinion could take away from the show. Not to mention the effect those hats would have on other attractions. It will be interesting to see how it works.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

How do you come to that conclusion? Fantasia 2000 mother nature and Pocahontas are the best segments of the entire show, they are the only portions I don't feel like I'm being force fed an advertisement. Not only that but the animation and music is simply breathtaking.

• Insomniac

^^i came up with that conclusion because it's my opinion... I hate Fantasia 2000 (the mother nature scene is stupid IMO even if it does fit with Pocahontas). I don't much care for Pocahontas either the music is good but other than that I find that scene to be meh.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Interesting idea however.... glowing hats in a show... Wouldn't that interfere with viewing, Seeing a hat glow in front of night time water show, the screen itself is terrible already.

---------- Post added 06-02-2012 at 07:00 PM ----------

I love that scene! from fantasia. I think it's one of the best ones, including April showers to the windmill.

Pocahontas scene is great because of the sheer size, but a bit too long.

I think the worst scene is That damn Jack Sparrow Face. Did they really need to show his face? Why couldn't it be like Fantasmic scene just before the ship Colombia comes out.

I would love some Kingdom music from Tangled somewhere in the show.

• Wish upon a star!

I really hate to see older Disney flicks leave WOC in favor of new ones. It would be sad to see Aladdin go in favor of Tangled.

I heard this quite a few weeks ago. There was also talk of adding lights (lanterns) for a Tangled segment..but I hadn't heard an update on that.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast