Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: World of Color Enhancements - Glow with the Show

Excited to see Tangled come in if it does. Not excited to see Aladdin go in its place!
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

I have heard about this rumored Tangled segment for quite some time. i expect it to be the lantern scene and id imagine this new "glow" effect will be to add to effect of the lanterns. it looks good in the Paris show Dreams, so I imagine itd look just as good in WOC.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by sdn86 View Post
    I have heard about this rumored Tangled segment for quite some time.
    It is the most moving part of the movie. They used in the MMY for Valentines day. 7:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Thats my guess. Tangled deserves a full segment more than a bugs life, fantasia 2000, or Pocahontas IMO.
    I would prefer that they cut back on one of the Alladin segment. The Aladdin segment has more than one song if I remember correctly ts friends like me and A whole new world. Of the two I would remove a whole new world because a friend like me is upbeat and colorful
    The Pocahontas and fantasia segment are some of the best in the show when it comes to the effects created by the fountains. Now if only they would bring back the effects they cut in the Wall- e segment I would be happy.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would prefer that they cut back on one of the Alladin segment. The Aladdin segment has more than one song if I remember correctly ts friends like me and A whole new world. Of the two I would remove a whole new world because a friend like me is upbeat and colorful
    The Pocahontas and fantasia segment are some of the best in the show when it comes to the effects created by the fountains. Now if only they would bring back the effects they cut in the Wall- e segment I would be happy.
    To be honest as much as I love Mermaid and Aladdin..i agree no movies deserves "two" segments with the amount of great films at Disney finger tips they should include some more films...like Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Hercules and Mulan

There were pins at WDW for the... 100 Years of Magic, I think? And they used to flash WITHIN the rides. They shimmered blue during the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment of the Great Movie Ride, orange, I think, in the Big Thunder gold rush,an eerie green in The Haunted Mansion when the ghosts were "materializing", and basically had a spasm during Fantasmic. It really stole the show, impressed the people next to you (and made them want to buy your pins) and made you feel like you were somehow a part of the iconic rides.

So the sensors can go off when you pass them or when they're aimed at you (as in viewing areas). I imagine tech has gotten a bit better since that time, so prehaps they'll use those LEDs that can change to whatever color for infininte possibilities, prehaps put a few strobey white lights in there for the finale, change up the flash patterns...?

I think this is a great idea and would work very well with Fantasmic! as well as Magical and MMY (along with any other chance night-time parades that might be going on).
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Zephyr Pilot

It would be cool if they use the tech that Blue Man Group uses in their theater tour finale in this video after the 1:20 mark. While obviously they can't use lighted balls that could potentially go in the water, maybe this can be applied to glowing lanterns or hats. At the 2:30 mark the lights can do some neat things.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyson 1 View Post
    There were pins at WDW for the... 100 Years of Magic, I think? And they used to flash WITHIN the rides. They shimmered blue during the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment of the Great Movie Ride, orange, I think, in the Big Thunder gold rush,an eerie green in The Haunted Mansion when the ghosts were "materializing", and basically had a spasm during Fantasmic. It really stole the show, impressed the people next to you (and made them want to buy your pins) and made you feel like you were somehow a part of the iconic rides.
    I would hate it if they made light up stuff react within the rides. It's bad enough that they sell that glow crap on Main Street that people wear on the rides. I think that light up apparel detracts from the rides more than it adds to them. There is a reason they are called "dark" rides.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

This sounds like it can be very fun but also annoying. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I do appreciate the CM's that go around the viewing area to tell guests to "lower" their balloons lol.

I agree the mostly everyone here that the Pocahontas scene is one of the better parts of WoC, and IMO the best. I'm glad to see a Tangled coming, I don't mind it replacing Aladdin since that film has been represented so many times throughout the year in the resort. I wish they shortened the show 4-6 minutes, with or without additions it's a tad too long.

• Dream in wonderful color!

It looks like APs will be the first to preview the new Glow With the Show enhancements (photo of the ear hats at the link)

‘Glow with the Show’ Preview Event for Disneyland Annual Passholders - StitchKingdom.com
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    It looks like APs will be the first to preview the new Glow With the Show enhancements (photo of the ear hats at the link)

‘Glow with the Show’ Preview Event for Disneyland Annual Passholders - StitchKingdom.com
    yAy! Thats exciting.

• One More Day

great another event i get to miss must be nice to live in the O.C.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I still don't get what the heck is "glow in the show." Can someone please explain to me what it is and what we will be seeing. Thanks
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Essentially your hat will have lights in it. These lights will be timed to the music and effects.

See Cold Play video (jump to 1:15):

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

is this announced on Disney's site anywhere yet?? Seems very odd as The dates listed are incorrect as Friday is the 29th, Saturday is the 30th and Sunday is the 1st. The post lists the dates at the Fri 28, Sat 29, Sun 30.
    Last edited by englishpauliewalle; 06-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast