Can the value of two separate tickets be used to purchase an annual pass?

I purchased a SoCal 2-day 1-park-per-day ticket and a SoCal 2-day Hopper when they became available. I knew I had a couple trips coming up and that one of them would be completely within Disneyland (no DCA), so I purchased both types. I have used one day off each pass and have one day remaining on each.

I'm going tomorrow and using the remaining hopper ticket to get in and then upgrade to a SoCal pass. My problem is I most likely won't be able to use the remaining day on the 1-park-per-day pass before it expires.

Would I be able to apply the full price of the SoCal 1-day-per-park 2-day pass ($99) to my annual pass purchase? I assume it would be okay and that the expiration date would just be whichever ticket was used first.

I hope this makes sense. It's a bit confusing, but hopefully it is acceptable as I really don't want to waste that remaining day.

The math should make it easier to understand. This is what I hope my total will be tomorrow:
    $269 SoCal Select annual pass - $99 credit from 1-park-per-day ticket - $114 credit from 2-day hopper = $56 owed to Disney

• Minion

Re: Can the value of two separate tickets be used to purchase an annual pass?

No. Only one ticket will be allowed.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• backwards driver

In my experience I would agree with the poster above. They will let you upgrade from one purchased ticket toward one annual pass. That's it, also be prepared to tell them when you first used the ticket and which park you went to first etc. They generally ask you a couple of these questions before they accept your ticket for upgrade. I would try to use the remaining ticket on a day you would be blocked out on your ap. Which there are quite a few in the immediate future.

Darn, I don't think I'll be able to use that last day.

Guess some random solo obviously-tourist person at the ticket booths tomorrow will be offered a 1-day-1-park ticket free of charge!

• Disneyland's the best!

I can guarantee you that Disneyland will not allow you to apply the value of two tickets to one annual pass. Further, you must upgrade to an annual pass while the ticket is still valid. So basically, if you can no longer enter the parks with the ticket you are trying to upgrade from, you can not use that ticket to upgrade.

This is done so that old expired tickets aren't sold cheap online for upgrade use.
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ah6tyfour View Post

Guess some random solo obviously-tourist person at the ticket booths tomorrow will be offered a 1-day-1-park ticket free of charge!
    Awww how nice of you, I wish I could get that free ticket lol.

Anyways, that person is going to be super happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ah6tyfour View Post

That would really make someone's day! That's a great thing if you're able to. Or if you have someone you know you could give it to, maybe they can use it or upgrade it. However, making someone's day REALLY is fun!
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

FIRST I MUST SAY THANK YOU to all those who posted about the AP price increase just in time for me to get myself down to DL in time to snag one at the old price! (YEAH! THANKS!)

That said, CAN'T WAIT to enjoy the AP's with my daughter and appreciate everyone's amazing generosity in sharing tips and experience on this board...

I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster inspired by all of you and particularly how AMAZING it is that ah6tyfour will make someone's day tomorrow by giving them a free ticket...Seems like the ULTIMATE 'make my day' gift!!

How very kind! Enjoy your day...you deserve it!

Update:

You guys were right about not being able to use the value of both passes for the AP. I got a "nice try" and a wink.

My friends and I then set out to give the 1-day 1-park ticket away. My friends were convinced that everyone would be too skeptical or suspicious to accept my ticket. I knew it would be fine as long as I found the right person. I had them watch from around the monorail track so the chosen stranger wouldn't suddenly be approached by six people.

I stood around near one of the entrances to the ticket windows and waited for someone who was obviously a tourist and on his first visit to Disneyland. It took around five minutes before I saw a guy in his late 20s or early 30s walk towards the line with a big well-worn backpack and holding a camera. He was also carrying a white card which I later realized was his Mickey and Friends parking ticket (not sure why he was holding that).

I approached before he got in line and asked if he was going to Disneyland and if he'd like a free ticket instead of having to buy one. I explained why I had an extra ticket, offered it to him, and then had him walk with me (and my friends) through the ticket gate so he wouldn't be worried it was a fake ticket.

While in line, we found out it really was his first visit and that he had flown in from Canada for a conference. Also found out he wanted to ride Indy. So we walked him to Indy, got him a FastPass, and told him how the system works. We wished him a great day and left.

Later in the afternoon, we actually saw him again. He was getting in line at Autopia. We didn't try to talk to him since we didn't want him to think we had been stalking him all day or something.

He was a pretty cool guy. If nothing else, now he has a cool story to tell his co-workers.

Sharing tickets is not allowed. While you meant no harm, what you did is strictly against Disney's rules. And it is exactly for that - people sharing tickets and "tickect sharing" services - that Disney is eliminating 6-day park hoppers and increasing prices. They need to combat this type of fraud. Of course, it's partially Disney's fault for not implementing ticket biometrics like it should.