Thread: Woc

Woc

O know at one time there was a sticky for WOC question but im not finding it. So here they go:

1. What time do they start letting you line up for WOC sections?
    2.What time do they let you proceed to your section?
    3. How early do people usually line up? ( i know this cant be vague but im curious)
    4. in YOUR opinion what the best color section and why?
    5. Is it like fantasmic where people will leave one person to " hold" the space for everyone

I ask these, and others may come up, because when i went my first and only time back in aug/sept, im so short i couldn't see and it was a buzz kill. All i could see what the fire tops. Hey what do you want im only 5'4 lol

Re: Woc

1. an hour before the show (although most people show up earlier than the return time printed on the fastpass)
    2. an hour before the show
    3. 15-30 minutes prior to first return time printed on the fastpass
    4. yellow because i like the very front and center
    5. it is possible but i don't recommend it because theres a LOT of people who want spots and eat up your space and its like a maze to re-enter and there are so many people its incredibly hard to find your party and go into the right rope area

To add on to the answer to #5.. I actually haven't experienced many situations, if any at all, where someone was saving spots for others for WOC. Many times at Fantasmic!, yes, but not WOC.

As for the viewing, I used to think Yellow was a great section until our last trip where we got Blue. I saw a lot more that I didn't notice viewing from other sections. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only 2 color sections now + the VIP area?
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Kevin, I am 5' and I have plenty of experience with WOC and Fantasmic with my height lol.

First off, you are allowed to line up about an hour early for the show. As far as to how early you are let in, it depends on which showing you are going to. For the first show, you can be admitted about an hour early. For the shows after, they clear out the crowd and they let you in about 20-30 minutes before the show.

I've seen people line up at the time printed on the fast pass, which is about an hour before show time. I've seen people line up about an hour and a half before, but there's really no point in my opinion. I don't waste my time standing around in line waiting for WOC because honestly there's no need. I come in about 5-10 minutes before show time, weave my way through the crowd and find a nice spot. As for color section, I'm quite fond of the blue section in the front of the bay because it's more centered and I can see most of what goes on. Yellow is not too bad either if you can find a nice view among people, or yellow in the back isn't bad either as you can get a more panoramic view of the show.

And yes, people do save spots for groups like in Fantasmic, but I find that it's harder since you're usually restricted on time, whereas with Fantasmic you can sit at the Rivers of America and wait all day if you please. Also, since the crowd is significantly larger for WOC, people either have difficulty going through the crowd in a group looking for one person and then squeezing all those people into one space that is being occupied by other people who don't care who you're waiting for.

I love me some WOC and Fantasmic and I've been short all my life, and over time I've found it easier to ask if I can stand in front of a wall of 6' people during these occasions. I mean, what's there to lose?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    As for the viewing, I used to think Yellow was a great section until our last trip where we got Blue. I saw a lot more that I didn't notice viewing from other sections. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only 2 color sections now + the VIP area?
    Currently there are 3 or 4 viewing areas. It's not two colors and the VIP. Probably you used VIP incorrectly. There is the blue on the east side, and Yellow on the west side. Between them is the dinner package area(which will also be for for CCR lunches soon). The VIP area is in the back and only for C33 Platinum members, special VIP tours, and Disney management and thier guests.

I've seen the show a lot, roughly every few months since began.

The thing I don't like about the blue is that, it is a broken up viewing area. People go this way and that to its different sections. If you are not very knowlegable blue can be consfusing on how to get to the good spots.

The Dining section is put on the centerline of the show, it's nor perfect viewing but you can stand on the fountain circle the in the central area of Paradise Park and on some steps. It also has some rail viewing. One thing to know about this area is it size where it spills over into the color area can shift daily depending on demand for the meals.

The key for a good view is to be at the front of a tier, along a rail except for the meantion fountain area in the dining section and some staircases.

A lot of people go for the front, it's commonly perceived that the front row is best. In my experience being near the front, middle or back is all good. Near the water is immersive(it can be wet too), being in the back you can see the whole show in your field of vision. The mid level is a combination of the two. If you want to go for the front show up even earlier to beat the people who presume the front is best.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I too show up 10-15 min before the show and we normally get a good spot. I just went on Friday and got the yellow section in the middle and enjoyed it just as much as when I see it in the blue. Right up front is pretty awsome too but Im not a fan of getting misted on the whole show althoe the lazers look a lot better from up close. I too see the show quite often
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• former CM

Regarding #4, there are posters who know the current color sections better than I do, but the tip that helped me was to try and get a spot with a rail (rather than tall people) in front of us.

I prefer WoC's section system to the underpopulated, too large, blanket wasteland that spreads out for too long before Fantasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Currently there are 3 or 4 viewing areas. It's not two colors and the VIP. Probably you used VIP incorrectly. There is the blue on the east side, and Yellow on the west side. Between them is the dinner package area(which will also be for for CCR lunches soon). The VIP area is in the back and only for C33 Platinum members, special VIP tours, and Disney management and thier guests.

I've seen the show a lot, roughly every few months since began.

The thing I don't like about the blue is that, it is a broken up viewing area. People go this way and that to its different sections. If you are not very knowlegable blue can be consfusing on how to get to the good spots.

The Dining section is put on the centerline of the show, it's nor perfect viewing but you can stand on the fountain circle the in the central area of Paradise Park and on some steps. It also has some rail viewing. One thing to know about this area is it size where it spills over into the color area can shift daily depending on demand for the meals.

The key for a good view is to be at the front of a tier, along a rail except for the meantion fountain area in the dining section and some staircases.

A lot of people go for the front, it's commonly perceived that the front row is best. In my experience being near the front, middle or back is all good. Near the water is immersive(it can be wet too), being in the back you can see the whole show in your field of vision. The mid level is a combination of the two. If you want to go for the front show up even earlier to beat the people who presume the front is best.
    Gotcha! I was actually referring to the Dining Section when I said VIP. I didn't realize there actually was VIP viewing!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets