Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: POTC ride system for DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Director_Guy View Post
    The Great Movie Ride seems like it'd be right at home at DCA.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    I second this motion that dead space is suited for TGMR HL needs this ride Badly!
    I would love to see a Great Movie type attraction in DCA, but not a copy of what is in Florida. I would like to see an updated version and ride system, that takes guest through the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    My idea is to give DCA a Pocahontas ride with a POTC ride system. The Pocahontas ride would be in Hollywood land to the right of TOT and to the left of CL. The Pocahontas ride would take place in a sound stage since HL already has a lot of them anyway. The guest would play the role of a film crew filming the Pocahontas movie. The guest would shot the movie from the boat. The cast members would be dressed as ether a film crew or like Indians. I looked at goggle maps and the POTC show building is a little smaller than the area back stage they have at DCA so Pocahontas would be a little bigger longer. This ride would basically be POTC re-themed to Pocahontas. DCA could really use a ride that eats 2800 people a hour besides it would solve the problem that HL or CL would have of expanding into this back stage area of hiding the 3 big green buildings they have back stage plus the back side of CL rock work that is ugly. This way you wont see any of it. I just thought DCA already stole DL HM ride system met as well steal POTC ride system too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I don't think Pocahontas fits in Hollywood... that's an odd movie to choose from. However, your idea does remind me of an attraction that use to be at the now extinct MGM Grand theme park in Las Vegas. It was called the Backlot River Tour. The idea was crews filming a variety of different movies along a boat ride. It was quite interesting and unique at it's time...

NewsPlusNotes: A Look Back At MGM Grand Adventures Part 3
    I am not really dead set on the Pocahontas idea ether it was just the first idea that pop in to my head. Back river tour sounds like a better choice. I just want a POTC ride system in DCA the park really needs one.

• Not the Fallen

It's a shame Pocahontas and Mulan are not featured in the park.
    I like your ride idea.

As others have said, Pocahontas takes place in Virginia, even if a fantastical Virginia with giant cliffs and things. I feel it may even be offensive to native groups to flub it and say that Pocahontas takes place on the West Coast because that's the kind of patently ignorant generalization of native groups Americans have been doing for centuries.

Also: to the left of CL and to the right of the ToT? No such place. If you're referring to the backstage space left over to the SOUTH of ToT and to the EAST of Carsland, then that is a viable space.

I fully agree that a Gold Rush ride or some such would be awesome for that location. Or a prehistoric California ride.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Dave

Blog Entries

I like the Pochantus idea but I feel it would fit far better in FL maybe some place along rivers of America
    Dave

Honestly? The best place for a Pocahontas anything would be in Liberty Square - if you could accept the time-difference, or a vague not-specifically-time-nor-place forest land. MAYBE Frontierland. I could be persuaded. But it would still really be pushing it.

I mean, the Powhatan people were literally RIGHT on the East Coast. That's not really Frontierland, it's certainly not California, and I really think it doesn't fit anywhere in any of the parks.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

•   

World it be cool if they have use the ride system for the little mermaid ride.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

I agree DCA needs a POTC-style ride but not related to the Pocahontas movie. Not a fan for the movie. I want DCA to have their own Great Movie Ride not a copy of the one in Florida. It doesn't need a "guide", it should be like POTC or HM, but it brings guest though famous movie (mostly movies made before the 70s) scenes. My ideal scenes would be the singing scene in Rio Bravo, The "don't give a damn" scene in Gone with the wind, The scene where Indy is trying to get the golden idol in Raiders of The Lost Ark, Gene Kelly in Singin in the Rain, The "I am your Father" Scene in Empire Strikes Back, and The "Top of the world" scene in White Heat.

• Jedi Knight

Great Movie Ride is something i've been crossing my fingers for since Who Wants to be a Millionaire closed down....

It was one of my favorites, and It would go perfect with Hollywoodland, obviously.

• Element of Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Dust off those old Western River Expedition plans, modify to fit the Gold Rush theme, and there you go.
    Or better yet, modify them to turn the attraction into a trek to California during the Gold Rush. . . Make the story that of someone coming to California to get some of the gold that's in "them thar hills". . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Master Chief

When I was a lot younger and went on the Canoe ride, I could have sworn it was based on Pocahontas. Or, maybe my parents just said that so I would get on a water ride without freaking out, and I was so young I didn't know the difference.

I know it wasn't Pocahontas themed the next time I went (which made me sad), but if it was ever actually Pocahontas, the theme didn't last very long.

Also, I really liked the idea of an Alcatraz ride. There are so many fun things they could do with it.
    If at first you don't succeed: Skydiving is not the sport for you.

I'm really sad I don't have a cool list of all the times I've been to Disneyland.
    Most recently: August 2011 (I got engaged!), October 2010, Summer 2008, October 2007, Summer 2005, December 2004 , Christmas 2003, Summer 1995, 1991 (I was only 5!)

Disney World: September 2003

• Diva Extrodinaire

We'll, before Cars Land, I wanted to replace Bug's Land with a land called Mission Square, with a Zorro stunt show, Western River Expedition, and a cute Three Caballeros dark ride and a neighboring land themed to 50's beach culture called Avalon Bay. With a cute Catalina Island-themed playground, Beach Ball Bumpers (bumper cars), and a big roller coaster inside of a massive wave (with water jets!), it would have worked well.

But no, we have Cars Land. Which I really enjoyed when I went! I'd go for replacing Monsters Inc and Millionaire/Hollywood and Dine sound stages with a Great Movie Ride boat ride. It could be great. Disney could try to use films they have agreements with (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Avatar, maybe Titanic) plus some Disney/Marvel films (The Avengers, Princess Diaries, Mary Poppins, Herbie films, Enchanted). Works just fine I think. Plus, it would be a great excuse to get rid of those dance parties (at least the daily infrastructure) and revamp the backlot area.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Tay*uh View Post
    I know it wasn't Pocahontas themed the next time I went (which made me sad), but if it was ever actually Pocahontas, the theme didn't last very long.
    Someone was pulling your leg. The canoes have never been themed to Pocahontas. They were originally the Indian War Canoes and later became the Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes when the Indian Village became Bear (and later critter) Country.

Back to the OP, a high capacity boat ride is a great idea for DCA and the Gold Rush would be an ideal theme. Over in Hollywoodland I'd like to see them re-theme the current backlot area to the original Disney Studios on Hyperion Ave. It fits the era of BVS and Hollywoodland perfectly, provides a place for the classic characters to "live", and could feature a ride through an animated world that bridges the gap from the original animated classics to Pixar.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Thanks for the Alcatraz support, think about the possibilities with that... also the incredible city it is in could create the perfect land

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12