Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POTC ride system for DCA

My idea is to give DCA a Pocahontas ride with a POTC ride system. The Pocahontas ride would be in Hollywood land to the right of TOT and to the left of CL. The Pocahontas ride would take place in a sound stage since HL already has a lot of them anyway. The guest would play the role of a film crew filming the Pocahontas movie. The guest would shot the movie from the boat. The cast members would be dressed as ether a film crew or like Indians. I looked at goggle maps and the POTC show building is a little smaller than the area back stage they have at DCA so Pocahontas would be a little bigger longer. This ride would basically be POTC re-themed to Pocahontas. DCA could really use a ride that eats 2800 people a hour besides it would solve the problem that HL or CL would have of expanding into this back stage area of hiding the 3 big green buildings they have back stage plus the back side of CL rock work that is ugly. This way you wont see any of it. I just thought DCA already stole DL HM ride system met as well steal POTC ride system too.

• formerly very helpful

Re: POTC ride system for DCA

WHile I honestly wouldn't go with a Pocahontis idea (personal preference), I do agree whole heartedly that DCA needs an attraction of this calibre. These types of attractions are what sets Disney apart from other parks. Right now, the closest DCA has is The Little Mermaid. DCA NEEDS a POTC-type attraction. Personallly, I always thought about this type of ride going through the Gold Rush. (Yes, I'm one of eight people still around who doesn't want to completely toss out the California theme.)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    WHile I honestly wouldn't go with a Pocahontis idea (personal preference), I do agree whole heartedly that DCA needs an attraction of this calibre. These types of attractions are what sets Disney apart from other parks. Right now, the closest DCA has is The Little Mermaid. DCA NEEDS a POTC-type attraction. Personallly, I always thought about this type of ride going through the Gold Rush. (Yes, I'm one of eight people still around who doesn't want to completely toss out the California theme.)
    I like the gold rush idea. Pocohontas really doesn't work for CA since she is East Coast.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I don't think Pocahontas fits in Hollywood... that's an odd movie to choose from. However, your idea does remind me of an attraction that use to be at the now extinct MGM Grand theme park in Las Vegas. It was called the Backlot River Tour. The idea was crews filming a variety of different movies along a boat ride. It was quite interesting and unique at it's time...

NewsPlusNotes: A Look Back At MGM Grand Adventures Part 3

The Great Movie Ride seems like it'd be right at home at DCA.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Mrs. J. Depp

Personallly, I always thought about this type of ride going through the Gold Rush. (Yes, I'm one of eight people still around who doesn't want to completely toss out the California theme.)
    You aren't the only one. I'm actually intensely obsessed with the Gold Rush and actually just wrote a college paper on it. I don't know why, but it's fascinated me since grade school. I wholeheartedly would love to see the Gold Rush represented other than a little blip in the Boudin video. BTW I always watch the video in the Boudin tour no matter how many times I've seen it because I love watching the history of the Gold Rush. Wow I just out nerded everyone in this thread.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

For their being so many POTC style rides in Disneyland(ok I guess there's 2 maybe 3 but thats still a lot), I always wondered why their wasn't one in DCA... though what's with the Pocahontas theme, a little random... the perfect situation would be an original story like POTC(before Jack sparrow overlay) I always thought this ride system would go great with an Alcatraz theme.

I guess I'm also apart of that eight...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah a POTC Gold Rush ride would rock and be a great people eater too (also not based off a film) they have the room for one..will they do it? I don't see it happening for at least ten years since Disney's Track record with opening New E ticket rides seems to spread them YEARS apart

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Dust off those old Western River Expedition plans, modify to fit the Gold Rush theme, and there you go.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Dust off those old Western River Expedition plans, modify to fit the Gold Rush theme, and there you go.
    I was about to say . . .

Seriously, WDI's been a looking at the area around Big Thunder, specifically up near Circle D, as a place for an expansion of Frontierland, where such a ride would work as Big Thunder already has elements of prospecting/mining attached to it.

I think that the POTC ride system works well, and could be added to DCA. Interestingly, WDI took out patents for a POTC ride system which would allow the ride/track to "point" the boat at various scenes. If they go all out, it could be something special.

I like the idea of a Great Movie Ride on the POTC boat system, but with new scenes and some how related to water and the movies . . .

• formerly very helpful

Gold Rush is just one possible idea. I've often thought about a ride based on California's four regions, its wildlife, topography, and so on. Kind of like the old Rainbow Ridge ride from Frontierland, way back when. Easy enough to throw some good comedy and bad puns. Perhaps a little California mythology and folklore, like Bigfoot.

When I taught 4th grade, I had the students come up with ideas for DCA as a culminating project for Social Studies. (California history/geography is the State standard for the grade) The kids came up with wonderful ideas that could have worked brilliantly for the park.

And back to the Gold Rush, it was one of the main reasons why California is even a state, so it should be recognized a bit more in the park.

And for that matter, now that Golden Dreams is gone, perhaps an animatronic "version" of the film, taking guests through California's history? I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    I always thought this ride system would go great with an Alcatraz theme.
    I love this idea! That would be such a cool ride- your boat could go across the bay, through the underground sections of the prison, encounter escaped prisoners, have there be a storm...I am now extremely excited for a non-existent ride :P

I think the most obvious ride characters/stories for an amusement park themed on "California" are a Gold Rush (haunted?) gold mine, Bigfoot, and Zorro. Though I do think Alcatraz would make for an excellent scary ride as well.

• Musical Fireman

I say a wildlife themed ride combined with the gold mining it would be a combo of western river expedition and the Rainbow Caverns mine ride. There could be a little environment conservation to act a transition from the nature portion to the interior of the mine it would be a small part but noticeable a throwback to the animal kingdom attractions.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Director_Guy View Post
    The Great Movie Ride seems like it'd be right at home at DCA.
    I second this motion that dead space is suited for TGMR HL needs this ride Badly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast