Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smile Re: Mac Daddy's 2012 Spring/Summer Photo Thread

Those were AMAZING!! At first I thought they were drawings. Thanks for sharing them! How did you manage to get pictures without anyone in them? It looked like you had the parks all to yourself
    Last edited by bostoncg; 06-06-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: forgot to ask
    A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!

• DLR Enthusiast

Re: Mac Daddy's 2012 Spring/Summer Photo Thread

Absolutely stunning!!
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

"Driven to tears...driven to tears".

I swear they look like oil paintings.

You are so friggin' talented, I am...speechless.

• Bucket List Car

woooooowwwwww....................

I love the Treehouse and Monstro views!!

Is it ok to save some of these as screensavers??

Stunning and brilliant photos! :}

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by taylorta View Post
    He said in his intro that he had no problem with anyone downloading any of these pics. If you want a larger, higher resolution pic, just click on the pic and it'll take you to his flikr site.

• formerly very helpful

It may be somewhat of a drag to be at Disneyland on a rainy day, but boy that makes for some dramatic skies!

hmmm, I know everyone is going to hate me for my opinion, but I have to say I prefer his earlier style to his latest pics. they just seem so....processed. i no longer get the feeling that i'm at the park; it looks like stuff i see all over the internet now a days--ultra vivid, ultra composed, like it was done in photoshop without ever leaving the house.

sorry!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I actually agree with you, skoolpsyk. I'm a big fan of Mac Daddy's work, both in the quality of his camera and the eye that he has for a great shot. But I really like to see what the parks look like, not how wacky the pics can get with a bunch of processing. Don't get me wrong - the pics in this thread are beautiful. But for me, I prefer straight, nice, unprocessed pics of the parks.

These are anazing. I was so touched by their beauty I must admit I cried. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Wow... absolutely beautiful!!!
    Thank you for sharing these.
    Thanks Jayden!

Quote Originally Posted by bostoncg View Post
    Those were AMAZING!! At first I thought they were drawings. Thanks for sharing them! How did you manage to get pictures without anyone in them? It looked like you had the parks all to yourself
    Thanks, Bostoncg! Some of these shots were taken right after it finished raining, and others are simply shot wide. If you look closely, you'll see some people in the background, but sometimes I had to wait for a while for the area to clear. One of the main reasons that I love rainy days is that it tends to really cut down on the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    Absolutely stunning!!
    Thanks Bamato!

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    "Driven to tears...driven to tears".

I swear they look like oil paintings. You are so friggin' talented, I am...speechless.
    Thanks Showardcpa!

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    woooooowwwwww....................

I love the Treehouse and Monstro views!!
    Thanks Xalesa!

Quote Originally Posted by taylorta View Post
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    He said in his intro that he had no problem with anyone downloading any of these pics. If you want a larger, higher resolution pic, just click on the pic and it'll take you to his flikr site.
    What he said. ^

Quote Originally Posted by NettyVal09 View Post
    Stunning and brilliant photos! :}
    Thanks NettyVal09!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    It may be somewhat of a drag to be at Disneyland on a rainy day, but boy that makes for some dramatic skies!
    I've made special trips over to the parks during the past few months with the sole purpose of catching some of those skies as we had several storms move through. Rainy days are my absolute favorite time to be in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    hmmm, I know everyone is going to hate me for my opinion, but I have to say I prefer his earlier style to his latest pics. they just seem so....processed. i no longer get the feeling that i'm at the park; it looks like stuff i see all over the internet now a days--ultra vivid, ultra composed, like it was done in photoshop without ever leaving the house. sorry!
    No worries, skoolpsyk. I don't think people will hate you at all, and several folks will most likely share your opinion. "Processed" is the perfect word, and it may well be where I am headed as a photographer. I constantly have to evaluate, with each of my shots, how much processing is too much. I've been doing this long enough to know that there is no general consensus, and that we all have our own preferences when it comes to photography. As I look back on this first set, even I would admit that I pushed a couple of them further than I was comfortable, but it seemed to work at the time. But as a personal ideal, I think the Fantasyland rainy day shot and the sunset at Paradise pier are my favorites from this first bunch, but I'm not entirely comfortable with most of the Rivers of America shots. I really pushed each one of those in different ways and still trying to find a middle ground in terms of processing. I would also have to admit that usually I have more of a mix between shots that I crank out quickly without much processing at all and others that I spend quite a bit of time on. If you've enjoyed my earlier shots, I hope you'll check back as I'll be including many of those in my subsequent additions to this thread. Thank you for your opinion and for checking out my photo thread!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I actually agree with you, skoolpsyk. I'm a big fan of Mac Daddy's work, both in the quality of his camera and the eye that he has for a great shot. But I really like to see what the parks look like, not how wacky the pics can get with a bunch of processing. Don't get me wrong - the pics in this thread are beautiful. But for me, I prefer straight, nice, unprocessed pics of the parks.
    Thanks Dan. As you can tell, most of my shooting and experimenting this past year has been more focused on landscapes and processing rather than the photo updates I was doing earlier. But I hope to include shots that will hopefully we straighter and nicer in the future. I can't make any promises on the processing though.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaskitten View Post
    These are anazing. I was so touched by their beauty I must admit I cried. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Thanks Victoriaskitten! I really a amazed at the range of reactions to the same set of photos. It warms my heart to hear that they impacted you in that way.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    These are all amazing! Personally, I'm usually not too fond of photos of fireworks. I suppose nothing is as nice as seeing them go boom in person. But that shot of the fireworks through Tarzan's Treehouse is absolutely incredible. I've never seen one just like it.
    I sooooo agree! The shot is perfectly framed by the foliage in the foreground, NoS and FrL in the mid-ground, and the fireworks in the background. The lighting is stunning. wow!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow...ohh wow...just put the one of the fireworks...trough the trees as my new background...why cant I get shots like this..lol

• some assembly required

...and I think the ground looks crazy-good when it is wet (and it is why the technique is often used in film shots). So I am Guessing that Mac Daddy was there during rain-days? I dream of having a rain day, but in 30-ish years of going to DL, I have yet to have a rain day for my anual/semiannual trips. I usually go in the winter off season, so I thought it would have happened by now, but your pics are the next best thing to getting a rainy day.
    (I am crossing my fingers that my fall 2012 trip will have a rain day...)
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast