Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Mac Daddy's 2012 Spring/Summer Photo Thread

WOW!!! Simply beautiful!!

• Seeker of Fun

As always, I truly love your photographs. Each time I look at them, I think...why can't I buy a larger picture like that to frame and put on the wall?? I really wish Disney sold something like this...unless of course I can purchase your photographs!! Great job, and thanks again for posting, it's a real treat for those of us so far away!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Hey....just let us know when you are in town! Gregg and I are both 10-15 minutes from the park. Steal your daughter's DSLR and come on over! (Although I've seen some AMAZING shots from your point and shoot!)
    Well actually I have my own DSLR now....: its older, and not as fancy as hers, but all that macro stuff I've been putting up on flikr lately was done with that camera and not my P&S.

September... thats my target for my next trip. So... we'll see.

Now... where are some more of YOUR shots?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I sooooo agree! The shot is perfectly framed by the foliage in the foreground, NoS and FrL in the mid-ground, and the fireworks in the background. The lighting is stunning. wow!
    Thanks JMazz!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Wow...ohh wow...just put the one of the fireworks...trough the trees as my new background...why cant I get shots like this..lol
    This one was a bit tough as it involved waiting for a night when Fantasmic was cancelled. Generally, they won't allow you up there for the fireworks as Fantasmic is performed immediately before and all sorts of lasers go right through those branches. With windy conditions and people bouncing the tree around while they were climbing, it took me three trips to get that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    ...and I think the ground looks crazy-good when it is wet (and it is why the technique is often used in film shots). So I am Guessing that Mac Daddy was there during rain-days? I dream of having a rain day, but in 30-ish years of going to DL, I have yet to have a rain day for my anual/semiannual trips. I usually go in the winter off season, so I thought it would have happened by now, but your pics are the next best thing to getting a rainy day.
    (I am crossing my fingers that my fall 2012 trip will have a rain day...)
    Rainy days are obviously my favorite, and they usually involve me driving like a maniac after work to try to get there before the storm clears out and all the light goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by baker0465 View Post
    WOW!!! Simply beautiful!!
    Thanks Baker0465!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    As always, I truly love your photographs. Each time I look at them, I think...why can't I buy a larger picture like that to frame and put on the wall?? I really wish Disney sold something like this...unless of course I can purchase your photographs!! Great job, and thanks again for posting, it's a real treat for those of us so far away!
    Thanks 4Apples4Disney! If you visit my smugmug site which is linked in my signature, some of the photos included here might be available through a 3rd party vendor. Of course, I have someone still waiting for shots that I said I would post...um....about 3 months ago, so I'm running a bit behind. :

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Well actually I have my own DSLR now....: its older, and not as fancy as hers, but all that macro stuff I've been putting up on flikr lately was done with that camera and not my P&S.

September... thats my target for my next trip. So... we'll see.

Now... where are some more of YOUR shots?
    I had no idea that you had a DSLR now! VERY cool! Please be sure to give us a holler when you are down here again.

As for more photos, they are on deck. I was at the AP preview last night and was completely blown away. Here's my first shot with more to follow

SPOILER IF VIEWED BEFORE FRIDAY!!

Welcome To Radiator Springs by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

• Big Hockey Fan

Your photography is the best I have ever seen in my life I love it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part II: Carsland

Last Sunday, 6/10/12, I attended the AP preview event with Mike Greening (Ring of Fire Hot Sauce) his wife and a friend, and we spent over four hours completely drooling over this new section of the park. We arrived early and spent some time shooting on Buena Vista street, but when we were finally allowed into this new area, we couldn't stop smiling as we had no idea what to shoot first. I think I finished the night at somewhere near 2500 shots and both of us were completely exhausted from trying to shoot as fast as we could as the light was constantly changing during our time there. We both knew that once the doors opened to the public, it would be a LOOOONG time before we would be able to shoot this area without much traffic on the streets.

More photos will be coming though out the Summer, but as I post this first batch, let me just say how refreshing it is when Disney gets things right. Most of us complained loudly about Tomorrowland and DCA1.0....how Disney's standards had fallen, how we would have preferred a parking lot, etc, etc. But when I walked on Buena Vista street for the first time, and then walked over to Cars Land, I was simply blown away. Disney didn't HAVE to blow over a billion dollars on this upgrade...but I am SO glad that they did. Some of you might remember the old Alliances that we had on Micechat back in 2005/2006. Remember the DCA Lover's Alliance? I was not a member. In fact, I think I may have tried to start the DCA Haters Alliance.

Well.. I am now officially a convert. This is one AMAZING park, and easily one of the best theme parks in the world. I look forward to spending quite a bit more time there this Summer....and in the years to come.

Here's my first batch of shots for the Summer:

Carsland12.10.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Carsland12.12.2.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Carsland12.11.2.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Carsland12.9.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Carsland12.13.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Welcome To Radiator Springs by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

A Matter Of Perspective by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Flo's Cafe by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Radiator Cap And Cadillac Range - Cars Land, USA by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Welcome To Cars Land by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Carsland12.3.3.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

To go directly to Part III, click HERE
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 08-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Great series MacDaddy. Looks like Disney has given us photogs a whole new set of subjects to capture.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Much better, Mac Daddy - or rather, much more to my liking. There are some truly stunning pics to be taken in the new Carsland. Can't wait to take a few myself!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Thank you Mac Daddy for my new Wall Paper...the one looking into Carsland from Under that big rock formation

• Iron-Clad Allie

Judging by the view from inside the building, you can sure tell how expansive the Radiator Springs Racers area is! The arked building interior really grabs the eye.

ickr

Nice whimsical twist 'round the hi-rise rock formation.

Gorgeous waterfall...and your lens expertise made it wash ever the more sparkling. This is by far my favorite scenic feature of the revitalized DCA. I was hoping that there would be a little stream for the cars to cross over or splash through.

This awesome tunnel at night really proves your thrilling photographic skillfulness. The toned-up red tint projects an overall view that is out of this world.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• lurking lurker

Jaw dropping gorgeous.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Great series MacDaddy. Looks like Disney has given us photogs a whole new set of subjects to capture.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Much better, Mac Daddy - or rather, much more to my liking. There are some truly stunning pics to be taken in the new Carsland. Can't wait to take a few myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Thank you Mac Daddy for my new Wall Paper...the one looking into Carsland from Under that big rock formation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This awesome tunnel at night really proves your thrilling photographic skillfulness. The toned-up red tint projects an overall view that is out of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacis View Post
    Jaw dropping gorgeous.

Thanks for your comments, GeeVee, DanYoung, JerrodDRagon, RW and Pacis. I need to apologize for letting my thread sit around and gather dust for the past month or so. I've been out traveling and have been back for awhile now, but I still haven't had a chance to sit down and sift through my recent shots to post here.

I also recently purchased a new camera (Nikon D800) and a new lens (Nikkor 14-24, 2.8) and there's a bit of a learning curve with both the camera and lens, so I hope to have more shots up soon. In the mean time, WHAT A GREAT SUMMER for photography in the parks! I'm having a blast shooting and I'm also enjoying the photos of other MC photogs and my buddies on flickr. I'll hopefully have something up this weekend, or Monday at the latest.

• Elk Grove Chris

Thanks for these, it is almost like we are there. Cannot wait until that is actually true.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Iron-Clad Allie

Looking very forward to the next group of sum sum summertime stunnertime fun shotz!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Now that's what I'm talking about! I felt so guilty about my last post, I didn't even look to see your reply (but I just did and of course it was classy as always).

I really wasn't trying to be critical; art is such a personal experience. I just had always been such a fan and felt a bit of loss that your style had changed. Keep it up, no matter which direction you choose!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast