Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Newbie.

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

Barbaraann,

Your trip reports and photos are a joy to savor. I love your personal look at the park, and all the details that you capture that I have missed over many visits. Thank you for your personal observations and for taking us along with you on your trip. You are a treasure and I appreciate all the hard work you do for MiceChat.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I headed back to Tomorrowland, because I wanted to check out the Monorail. I had heard that it was decorated in tribute to Carsland. I passed by a performance of the Star Wars Jedi's, so I snapped a few quick pics. I didn't choose to ride the monorail at this point in time, because the wait was too long.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 11:23 AM ----------

I love this part of the park. The yellow submarines are below, the Matterhorn towers above, and the futuristic looking monorail rides along the track. I love to watch it come and go through the station.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 11:24 AM ----------

As i have mentioned before, I love signs. I especially love this Tomorrowland one.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    Barbaraann,

Your trip reports and photos are a joy to savor. I love your personal look at the park, and all the details that you capture that I have missed over many visits. Thank you for your personal observations and for taking us along with you on your trip. You are a treasure and I appreciate all the hard work you do for MiceChat.
    MiceChat is a big part of my life. I am so glad that I discovered this site, back in 2005 when I was planning my very first trip to California to see Disneyland.

Thank you for your very kind words.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 11:47 AM ----------

I was now in the mood for some entertainment, and I figured that if I headed back to Town Square, I would probably find some. I was right. There was a Firehouse Band playing there, and Cruella stopped by looking for...... what else? "Puppies".

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I left the park to get some late lunch, and of course, I had my Hand Stamped. I decided to take an ART Bus to the Howard Johnson Hotel. Not to go to that hotel, but to go to the restaurant called Mimi's. I stayed at Howard Johnson on my last trip, and I remembered how good the food was at Mimi's

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 01:32 PM ----------

After my delicious lunch, I decided to walk back to Disneyland, rather than wait for another bus. When I got near the Disneyland entrance sign again, I took another photo. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered later that I had captured the monorail as well.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

The clock above the Mickey Floral, and the Train Station announced to me that I had arrived, just in time, for the 4 o'clock parade.

Here is a very small sample of photos that I took as I stood and enjoyed the parade in Town Square.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

A great place to rest, and get out of the sun, is the Golden Horseshoe. I visited there next for a performance Of Laughing Stock. It was my first time seeing them, and I must say, "they are very funny".

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

I really enjoyed the performance in the Golden Horseshoe, and when I left, I made the decision to head for Haunted Mansion. My camera was safely tucked away, so I didn't get my usual amount of Haunted Mansion pictures. All I took was the few that you see here. Sometimes, I go back, and catch up. No catch up, this time.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

Now we switch from pictures to mainly commentary. I found myself back in Town Square, and viewing the Lincoln Attraction. I had forgotten to turn off the cell phone, and sure enough, it decides to ring right during the show's performance. I answered it, and made a hasty exit out of the theatre. It was the phone call that I expected earlier, but had forgotten about. I'm glad that I got the call because it was a MiceChat friend.

Patrick, and I spent the rest of the evening together, and I must say that he's an excellent tour guide. We watched the 6:30 parade together, we spent time in DCA. We peeked over the wall into Radiator Springs. We viewed the new Carthay Circle Restaurant and Fountain. We then returned to Disneyland where we watched Magical, and also Fantasmic together. I was blown away by seeing Dumbo fly for the first time. We had a perfect view of the castle. I then saw Murphy the dragon for the very first time as well.

Patrick and I did a photopass pic on the way out toward Town Square. I thanked him for the marvelous time that I had that night. I think the two of us look pretty good in our picture. The photogrpaher asked us to do the "thumbs up". It definitely was a "thumbs up day" for me.

So now I will post the remainder of the pictures from the first day of my four day visit to the Disneyland Resort.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 03:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

It was a long day in the parks, and I didn't leave until almost 11:30 p.m. I had my camera out, and I got one last pic of the clock, and the Mickey Floral on the way out. I had so much fun on my first day, but there was a whole lot more fun yet to come.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That bring us to Day Two of my vacation. Considering how tired I was from my first day at the resort, I was surprised that I was up as early as I was, and that I was able to make it to the park for the 8 a.m. opening. It was a Wednesday morning, and this time, I caught an ART bus infront of the Travelodge.

When I arrived at Disneyland, and I was walking towards the security tent, I noticed this very helpful sign. It showed all the different routes for the ART. This was very helpful to me. If it was a MiceChatter, I would have given it positive rep.

I took a few minutes to admire the new entrance to DCA. I really like it. I especially like the colors.

Another thing that I have always liked, is the compass in the middle of the esplanade.

Since nobody was in the park yet, I was able to get some pretty good pictures, by putting my camera through the fence.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

On this particular morning, they let the guests into the park before 8 a.m. I took some of my favorite shots again. I then headed to Tomorrowland. My goal that morning was to ride the new Star Tours. New to me, thats for sure.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

I wasn't the only one headed for the Star Tours attraction, as you can see by this crowd.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 08:04 PM ----------

I rode the ride, and really enjoyed it. It wasn't until I got off of the ride that I took a photo of the classic Star Tours sign

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.

• Minion

Loving this so much! Can't wait for more!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Loving this so much! Can't wait for more!
    It's why we do trip reports. When others take the time to read them and comment, it makes the giving and the going to the park so much more fun.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 08:13 PM ----------

Next up was Buzz Lightyear. I am absolutely horrible at this attraction, and yet, I still love to ride it, and shoot at the targets. At least, I finally got better than level 1 and a few more points, and I could have made level 3.

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

Pixie Hollow is located very close to Tomorrowland, so I went there next. It is a whole lot of fun to talk to Tinker Bell, and the other fairies. It is also a whole lot of fun to watch the children getting so excited about meeting the fairies. I saw the most delightful little girl on the morning that I was there.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.

I did show my son your pictures this morning, and he loved them! Now I have Tinker Bell photos to show my daughter, thank you! Great trip report goin here..
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

great report, thanks for sharing

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After I left Pixie Hollow, I saw these beautiful swan topiaries, and I just had to take a photo of them.

My next destination was Riverbelle Terrace. I passed under the Frontierland Sign, and passed the Mark Twain on my way there. When I arrived there, I ordered the Steamboat plate for my breakfast.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

After I ate my delicious breakfast, I was ready to head over to DCA. I wanted to ride the Fun Wheel, so I could look down into the new Carsland. It wasn't meant to be this morning, because the ride stopped running. while they checked on some problem it was having.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

So I rode the Carousel with all the Under The Sea Creatures on it.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-06-2012 at 06:43 AM.

• Triple Goddess

It looks like you had a lovely time! Next time you are here, I will make sure to come and play with you at the parks, if you'll have us!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I took more photos of Paradise Pier, and I stopped to have my photo taken by a photopass photographer as well.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.

• Goofy

awesome.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I rode The Little Mermaid ride many times. Here are a few of the many photos that I took while on the ride.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-06-2012 at 01:44 PM.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Great posts. Keep them coming!
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

I wanted to go to Blue Sky Cellar, and take pictures of all the models for Carsland, but I received a phone call from a MiceChat friend who I was supposed to meet. So, the camera went in the camera case, and for the next three hours, I took very few photos.

Her and I rode the train, Pirates, the MarkTwain, Winnie the Pooh, and Jungle Cruise together. We also walked through the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough in the castle. I wish that we had had a longer visit, and that she wasn't so camera shy.

After walking her to her car in Downtown Disney, I ultimately decided to take the monorail back to the park.

I passed the Lego Store while walking to the Monorail. It sure is amazing what can be made with Lego Blocks.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 05:54 PM ----------

Next up are the Monorail Pictures.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast