Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

Sometime when I am in the parks, I just stroll around from place to place and take random pictures. I also, almost always stop at all the photopass photographers that I see each and every day of my trip. I had a fastpass for WOC, so I figured that I needed to leave Disneyland, and head over to DCA. The construction maze over there drove me crazy. It sure will be nice when all the walls are gone.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 08:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 09:07 PM ----------

I went back, and took a few photos in Blue Sky Cellar

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I stopped by the set of the Mad Tea Party. It looked like it would be a rocking place come night fall. However, usually by the time it's dark, I am headed elsewhere. I did have fun anyway, taking these photos.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

Sometimes I write in a journal when I am visiting Disneyland to keep track of what I have done and seen. I tried doing that on this trip, but I just did not keep up with it, so I gave up on that idea. The camera also documents my doings, so I many times snap a photo of something that I have done, or am about to do. Here is a picture of the outside of Soarin. I remember riding that ride in the single rider line. Not sure exactly when that was. I love the ride. Especially when Tinker Bell shows up at the end, and when they hit the golf ball. I always get surprised.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:16 AM ----------

I tried riding the Monsters Inc Ride, but the line was very long. That's the first time that I have seen such a long line on that attraction.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

The Muppets is another of my favorites, and I always take some time to see that.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-07-2012 at 07:29 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Coming up next is mostly night time pictures. It was starting to get dark, and as I waited for it to get late enough for WOC, I took pictures and strolled around. I must admit that I had every intention of staying and watching WOC. However, when I couldn't get a good spot in the Blue section, I split DCA after 5 minutes of WOC, and headed over to watch Magical instead. I didn't regret that decision, because seeing Dumbo in the air 2 nights in a row was great. Plus I really love the music from Magical.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Night time at Disneyland is a special time. I don't take very good night pictures, but I am getting better

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 02:10 PM ----------

I left WOC when I realized that I wasn't go to see much. Whereas at Disneyland, I saw quite a lot.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

I left WOC when I realized that I wan't go to see much. Where as at Disneyland, I saw quite a lot.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 02:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

Coming up next is day three of my vacation. I spent most of it with my good friend Margo. I did a few things for the first time on this day.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.

• Minion

I'm loving this so far Cant wait for the next bit

• Indiana Scott

Still hinging on every picture!

• Disney friends are #1

Hi Barbara! Patrick here. Thanks for the kind words regarding our adventures on the evening of your first night here at the resort. Thanks too for not posting my photo without my permission (I never thought about that). If you are so inclined, you may post one of the two PhotoPass pics that we took. I'm sort of partial to the one where we are doing the "thumbs up". Don't be so hard on yourself regarding the non-professional quality of some of your nighttime pics. Heck, even the pics we had taken by the PhotoPass photog had nothing but blurry people in the background (but the pics still looked good).

I am thoroughly enjoying, vicariously, the remainder of your trip. I am so happy that you had the experiences you did and hope that the experience, as a whole, lived up to your expectations and was well worth the labor to make the trip a reality. Can't wait for you to do it again. I'll even guarantee you a prime location for us to view WoC. Glad to see that "Magical" was just that, Magical for you. You are always welcomed back here anytime and I would gladly rearrange my schedule in order to spend a few hours with you again. And next time, whatever you want from any of the the Cozy Cone's in Cars Land is on me (just remind me of what I said when you get here as I'm old and forgetful ).

Keep in touch and stay out of the wind!
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 06-07-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    Great posts. Keep them coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I'm loving this so far Cant wait for the next bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Still hinging on every picture!
    You are all too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Hi Barbara! Patrick here. Thanks for the kind words regarding our adventures on the evening of your first night here at the resort. Thanks too for not posting my photo without my permission (I never thought about that). If you are so inclined, you may post one of the two PhotoPass pics that we took. I'm sort of partial to the one where we are doing the "thumbs up". Don't be so hard on yourself regarding the non-professional quality of some of your nighttime pics. Heck, even the pics we had taken by the PhotoPass photog had nothing but blurry people in the background (but the pics still looked good).

I am thoroughly enjoying, vicariously, the remainder of your trip. I am so happy that you had the experiences you did and hope that the experience, as a whole, lived up to your expectations and was well worth the labor to make the trip a reality. Can't wait for you to do it again. I'll even guarantee you a prime location for us to view WoC. Glad to see that "Magical" was just that, Magical for you. You are always welcomed back here anytime and I would gladly rearrange my schedule in order to spend a few hours with you again. And next time, whatever you want from any of the the Cozy Cone's in Cars Land is on me (just remind me of what I said when you get here as I'm old and forgetful ).

Keep in touch and stay out of the wind!
    I added the picture into Post #33.

It has actually been pretty nice weather here in Chicago since I returned from my trip, which was way too short and went way too fast. However, I have lots of pictures, and lots of memories to keep me going until my next visit out west. I have already alerted my husband about my returning in January for MiceChat's annual celebration.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

The following photo is of the ART stop in front of the Travelodge. This is where I caught the the bus to get to Disneyland from my hotel. Actually, I can catch any bus to go to Disneyland, but I really do have to make sure I am on the right bus when I return to the hotel.

I really do think that Harbor Blvd is maintained very nicely. I love all the flowers, and the palm trees especially.

I love these banners. I wonder what they will look like, once Carsland opens?

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I took another Photopass picture at the Mickey Floral. This time, I had no strangers in the background, which happens many times.

I

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 11:26 PM ----------

I noticed the sign about Grad Night as I was taking, but another picture of the "tunnel sign".

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

The Matterhorn looks amazing in the background in this picture that I took on Main Street.

My plan this morning, was to ride the train first thing. As you will soon see, I got a little distracted.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

I looked down from the train platform, and decided to take some pictures of town Square, and try and capture the amazing view down Main Street to the castle.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 11:48 PM ----------

Then I realized that the Ward Kimball was the train that was sitting in the station, at the moment, and I rushed in to get pictures. I love that train. Ward Kimball was the animator that drew Jiminy Cricket, and I am a big fan of them both.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

The next thing that I did, was look back down into Town Square. I noticed that the Omnibus was down there, and I hadn't ridden that yet this trip. I decided that the train ride could wait for a while, and I ran down to get aboard the omnibus.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 12:06 AM ----------

So I climbed up to the very top of the Omnibus, and turned on my camera. While it made it's way down Main Street, I took the following photos.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 12:13 AM ----------

The Omnibus ride was fun, and it let me off in the Hub. It's a long climb down from up top there, and I was the last one off. I then asked a very nice passerby to take my photo in front of the Omnibus, which he did.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-07-2012 at 09:18 PM.

• Tink 2 Three

Thanks so much for posting such a detailed trip report! I have really enjoyed all your pictures.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Toon in tomorrow to find out if I ever get that train ride that I was planning on taking when i entered the park at 8 a.m.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 03:17 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justliketink View Post
    Thanks so much for posting such a detailed trip report! I have really enjoyed all your pictures.
    There's more to come if you're still interested, and I thank you for taking the time to not only view my thread, but comment as well.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 07:03 AM ----------

Bear with me now as I stop for another photo in front of the castle, and while I was there, I took a few pictures of the castle.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 07:15 AM ----------

Well since I have managed to catch a ride on both the Omnibus, and the horse drawn streetcar on this visit to Disneyland so far, I figured I needed a ride on the horseless carriage and the fire engine too.

While I was deciding which one to ride first, I saw Pinocchio pass by. I always wonder where Jiminy is, and why he isn't performing his duties here at Disneyland. Doesn't a boy always need his conscience?

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 07:24 AM ----------

The horseless carriage is beautiful shade of yellow. I remember the Gold one that I rode during Disneyland's 50th Anniversary celebration.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 04:25 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I lost track of which way I was headed down Main Street. I do know that I always have a great time riding the Main Street Vehicles, and taking pictures of the signs of the shops along both sides of the street.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Hi BarbaraAnn,
    Thank you so much for this report. I'm a newbie to the website here. I started checking MiceChat out because I have been a huge fan of DLR since my first visit as a child in 1974. Now, I take my kids to DLR once a year, just like my parents took my sister and me (I'm trying to convince the wife to go twice a year though). MiceChat is a great way to re-visit the park from afar. I landed on your report because we also just got back from a 4 day journey there, and I'm having serious DLR withdrawls. Since my kids are very young, we don't have the chance to explore the park thoroughly like you. So, this is an absolute treat to read. Looking forward to more of your trip. Thanks again.
    SF in SF

• Indiana Scott

Welcome J Laffite!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast