Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

Yes indeed... we just don't get enough trip reports around here any more. I'm so glad Barbara that not only do you have a lot of great pictures, but that you take the time involved with uploading and posting to share them with us! Loving every minute of this!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Laffite 1764 View Post
    Hi BarbaraAnn,
    Thank you so much for this report. I'm a newbie to the website here. I started checking MiceChat out because I have been a huge fan of DLR since my first visit as a child in 1974. Now, I take my kids to DLR once a year, just like my parents took my sister and me (I'm trying to convince the wife to go twice a year though). MiceChat is a great way to re-visit the park from afar. I landed on your report because we also just got back from a 4 day journey there, and I'm having serious DLR withdrawls. Since my kids are very young, we don't have the chance to explore the park thoroughly like you. So, this is an absolute treat to read. Looking forward to more of your trip. Thanks again.
    SF in SF
    I am honored that you made your first post in my thread. I had a wonderful time at Disneyland, and when I come home, I always have my pictures and my memories to alleviate the withdrawals. I am glad that you are enjoying my report.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yes indeed... we just don't get enough trip reports around here any more. I'm so glad Barbara that not only do you have a lot of great pictures, but that you take the time involved with uploading and posting to share them with us! Loving every minute of this!
    Trip reports are one of the best things about MiceChat, and I for one wish more people did them. I love them, and the pictures threads that we have. Of course, I also love the commentary. I guess it stands to reason, since I have been accused of talking too much.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 05:26 PM ----------

Moving right along, I found myself back in the Hub. I said hello to a few statues, and posed again for a few pictures.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 06:18 PM ----------

I really did need to return to the train station in town square, so I was walking past the Omnibus, when the driver, from earlier remembered me. He offered me a ride in the front seat of the Omnibus, and I made the return trip with him. I felt so special. He called me by my first name, and everything. Of course I do wear a nametag that I purchased back in 2005, I believe.

[IMG]http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/Seansgranny/4th%20album/DSCN4887.jpg[/IMG

]

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

I guess we have now come full circle.

I have always really liked riding the Disneyland Railroad. The train was the first ride that I ever rode in the park. My first trip was in 2005, and my first ride was the train. The train was the Ward Kimball.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 05:12 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The train station has so many different wonderful things in it, and hanging on the walls.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Barbarann, nobody does trip reports better. They only get better with each of your visits.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Does it break theme when one looks out from the train station and you see DCA across the way? Some would say yes, as they can see the top of Grizzly River Rapids, Tower of Terror, or the new Carthay Circle Restaurant.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 08:40 PM ----------

I especially love the pictures of Mr. Walt Disney and his trains.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

I especially like this one of the monorail going by.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

I remember the first time that I saw the small Jiminy on the side of the train. Not sure what that part of the train is called. Someone feel free to refresh my memory.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 08:57 PM ----------

Those are my feet. Tired, blistered, but still happy to be where they are.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

The first stop on the train is New Orleans Square. I actually saw my friend Margo get off there. Her and I were meeting up later, at noon, at the hub.

More pictures of the train as we arrive at my destination of Toontown.

Finally arriving at Toontown, where I hope to do something that I have never done before.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Before I entered Toontown, I wanted to take pictures of all the beautiful topiaries at IASW

I then rode the ride, and this collage represents just a small amount of the photographs that I took.

Barbaraann-I enjoyed reading all of your entries leading up to the trip and have been looking forward to reading your trip report. You have done a great job! I have loved reading about your adventures each day as well look at all of the wonderful pics you've shared. We usually head do Disneyland at the beginning of June, but have changed our dates to October this year. I am missing the resort sooo bad right now! Thank you for helping me get my fix! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation and I look forward to reading/seeing the rest of it.

•   
    • Minion

Good stuff Barbaraann!!!! I agree we need more trip reports I will have one posted once I go next week with plenty of pictures as usual Can't wait to see more.

I have been enjoying your TR since you first started posting.

You do such a great job sharing pictures and telling about your days in the parks.

We left DLR the day you arrived after a 2 weeks visit. I started to post a TR but am having trouble uploading the pics. I'm so challenged when it comes to this kind of thing!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your trip with us. I know its time consuming!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myahlove1 View Post
    Barbaraann-I enjoyed reading all of your entries leading up to the trip and have been looking forward to reading your trip report. You have done a great job! I have loved reading about your adventures each day as well look at all of the wonderful pics you've shared. We usually head do Disneyland at the beginning of June, but have changed our dates to October this year. I am missing the resort sooo bad right now! Thank you for helping me get my fix! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation and I look forward to reading/seeing the rest of it.
    I have never been to Disneyland in October. I would love to go and see the Halloween decorations. I have seen the Haunted Mansion overlay, which coincides with Christmas.

I enjoy doing trip reports, when so many wonderful people leave wonderful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Good stuff Barbaraann!!!! I agree we need more trip reports I will have one posted once I go next week with plenty of pictures as usual Can't wait to see more.
    I look forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    I have been enjoying your TR since you first started posting.

You do such a great job sharing pictures and telling about your days in the parks.

We left DLR the day you arrived after a 2 weeks visit. I started to post a TR but am having trouble uploading the pics. I'm so challenged when it comes to this kind of thing!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your trip with us. I know its time consuming!
    A two week vacation sounds heavenly. I will have to do that sometime, for sure. Thanks for looking, by the way.

I load my pictures onto photobucket, where they automatically resize them properly, and then from there I post them on MiceChat. It took a while for me to learn, but it's actually not that difficult.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

So my next land to explore was Toontown. Right inside the land and to the right is the attraction Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. I had never taken a ride on this ride before, and I wanted to do do that. The sign said that the wait was just 5 minutes. They were right. The line went very quickly. The ride is a whole lot of fun. It does play havoc with one's back, depending how you sit in the seat. However, I rode the ride. Enjoyed it immensely, and I will have to make it a regular habit each and every time that I visit Toontown.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I am very much enjoying this trip report! Your pictures and commentary are so fun. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    <3 Chloe

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietViolet View Post
    I am very much enjoying this trip report! Your pictures and commentary are so fun. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    You are most welcome.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 06:44 PM ----------

One does get hungry when one tours Disneyland, so I stopped by River Belle Terrace for another delicious breakfast. I do like the way that one can find breakfast food in the parks, and one does not have to think about making a reservation months, or weeks, or even hours ahead of time. How does one know that far ahead when one will be hungry?

• sleepy lagoon

I have never had breakfast in the parks. We will have to do that next time you are down......

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After my later breakfast, I did some strolling around the park, and took these random photos. I wanted an autograph from Cinderella, but instead, I settled for the zoom in photo that is included here.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I have never had breakfast in the parks. We will have to do that next time you are down......
    That sounds lovely. Actually, it was nice eating when I was hungry, rather than having reservations, and eating food when the time arrived. That just somehow seems so backwards.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 07:19 PM ----------

I rode the Pinocchio ride again, because I just plain love it. This time, I took pictures while I was in the line.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 08:18 PM ----------

I was going to go back inside the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough, but I got sidetracked taking photos of the Sleeping Beauty fountain that is behind the castle. I love it. I love quenching my thirst in that very spot.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

I met my friend Margo in the Hub, and after we did the picture in front of the Partner statue, we were off to spend the rest of the day together.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

We ran across this group entertaining in New Orleans Square, and we stopped to listen, and I took pictures.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-09-2012 at 05:39 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Margo and I headed to Critter Country, and we took this picture with Tigger

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast