Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

I wanted to go to DCA, to ride the Fun Wheel, so the fastest way down Main Street at the moment was the streetcar.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-11-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I am very much enjoying this trip report. I am envious of going on a solo trip there. I always have my husband and two kids in tow. They don't share my love of Disney. They go with me because we spend time together as a family. I would love a few days there alone to walk around and look without distraction. I hope I don't sound mean - I love my family dearly and enjoy our family vacations. When it comes to Disney, however, I really wish I had time to explore better.
    You are not alone Tamiele. I've really been seriously considering taking a quick solo mission to the park soon.
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."
    -Your Ghost Host

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The first thing that I did when I got over to DCA, was walk to the brand new fountain area that is near Carthay Cirlcle. I had the photopass person take a picture of me with my camera.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I am very much enjoying this trip report. I am envious of going on a solo trip there. I always have my husband and two kids in tow. They don't share my love of Disney. They go with me because we spend time together as a family. I would love a few days there alone to walk around and look without distraction. I hope I don't sound mean - I love my family dearly and enjoy our family vacations. When it comes to Disney, however, I really wish I had time to explore better.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Laffite 1764 View Post
    You are not alone Tamiele. I've really been seriously considering taking a quick solo mission to the park soon.
    Traveling solo, is getting easier for me the more times that I do it. I come from Chicago, by myself, which I didn't think that I would ever do. However, it beats not going at all. I have had great trips solo, and I have never been there entirely, all the time, by myself because I have gotten very nice invitations from other MiceChatters to hang out together.

• Triple Goddess

I really do love your trip reports, Barbara!

Really fun trip report, Barbaraann!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

As for solo trips... They. Are. Awesome!!! I went by myself Saturday night and I was beyond giddy being able to do what I wanted without any kid or spousal whining!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Laffite 1764 View Post

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I figured the highest place in the park, must be the top of the Fun Wheel. I wondered if I could get a shot of Cars Land from there. I love the Fun Wheel, and I do try and ride it at least once on each trip. On this trip, I tried three times to get on it, and it wasn't until the last day that I was successful. One time the wait was too long, and the other time, there was some technical difficulty.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

I have discovered things about my Picassa Picture program that I did not know before I started this trip report. I knew that I could make collages, but I wasn't quite sure how to move them into my files, so I could post them here. I figured that out. I also discovered some editing features that I was not aware of.

I love to do collages, and eventually, I want to include almost all of my pics from this trip in Disneyland and DCA collages.

So doing this report is definitely teaching me a lot.

• Newbie.

Ok Barbaraann,
    Enquiring minds want to know...

We already know that you're super sweet and genuine person, and we know that you take great pictures and assemble them into awesome trip reports, but as far as Mickey's Fun Wheel, are you a stationary or swinging gondola person? I'm just being silly, I really just wanted to thank for for continuing the trip report, it is the highlight of my day when I check MiceChat. Barbaraann rocks!
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    Ok Barbaraann,
    Enquiring minds want to know...

We already know that you're super sweet and genuine person, and we know that you take great pictures and assemble them into awesome trip reports, but as far as Mickey's Fun Wheel, are you a stationary or swinging gondola person? I'm just being silly, I really just wanted to thank for for continuing the trip report, it is the highlight of my day when I check MiceChat. Barbaraann rocks!
    I am a big chicken. There's no way that you would catch me on that Ferris Wheel, if all those gondolas were swinging. So I sit safely in my stationary one, and enjoy the view, and take photos usually. This last vacation , I rode with a very nice family, who were kind enough to take my picture.

• formerly very helpful

This has been an incredibly fun trip report to experience! Thanks for putting so much time and care into it.

It's really wonderful that even after more trips to Disneyland than I can count, these pictures still show me new things that I never discovered before.

It hasa been a long time since I've been able to do Disney solo. I love my family, but I'm a little jealous about a solo trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was headed back over to Disneyland, so I could enjoy my last hours in the park. I stopped again at the fountain in Carthay Circle.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 07:46 PM ----------

I probably take more photos of the statues in the Hub than anything else in the park. There are 9 very unique ones. The Hub is a very special place, and I love spending time there.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 07:49 PM ----------

With the addition of Dumbo to the Magical Fireworks, Dumbo has become very special to me. I had a lot of fun taking photos of his small statue in the Hub.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

Now if you know me at all, you know that my favorite character is Jiminy Cricket. Pinocchio scores high marks with me as well.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 07:59 PM ----------

I decided to take a plain white hat, and do an autograph hat on this vacation. I have done this in the past, and it's a lot of fun. The characters are always very agreeable to sign, and I get a lot of extra fun and enjoyment from the experience.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

Donald is always a whole lot of fun to see in the park.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 08:07 PM ----------

I always love seeing the Queen of Hearts. She's not as mean as people think she is.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 08:16 PM ----------

The Photopass Photographer was nice enough to take my picture with the small Dumbo STatue.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

I finally got to ride the Peter Pan ride. I think I waited about 30 minutes. It is one of those rides that always has a line. After one rides the ride, then they understand why the ride is so popular.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.

• Tink 2 Three

Peter Pan in my favorite! I remember it so fondly from when I was a little girl. It's a must do for me on any trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here are some more random photos that I took as I explored the park.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 04:40 PM ----------

My day was coming to an end, as well as my vacation. I headed for Toontown, just before it was about to get dar, and I took the following photos. Toontown is such a fun place to hang out.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.

• Elk Grove Chris

Great trip, thanks for sharing the lovely photos!
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 05:16 PM ----------

Well Toontown was closing, and I was right next store to IASW, so I waited for the 8:45 showing of Magic Memories, and You. I like that show, as I have mentioned before, and I watched it one last time.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 05:20 PM ----------

Have you ever rode the teacups at night? That is a whole lot of fun. I think they are extra special in the night time hours.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

The castle turns a lot of beautifully amazing colors during the presentation of the Fireworks. I jus love them.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.

• formerly very helpful

Thanks for sharing such a nice trip report. Hope you make it this way again soon.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast