Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

Happiness is using a 4 Day Parkhopper at Disneyland and DCA.

I live in Chicago, so I have to travel through Ohare Airport to get to Anaheim, California where Disneyland is located. The first thing that I noticed at my home town's airport was this huge skeleton of a dinosaur. I snapped a few pictures, and then I was on my way to gate #B12.

I settled in at my gate, and soon realized that my iPad had absolutely no power. I surmised that I had not turned it off correctly. I looked for one of those charging stations, and I soon settled for just a regular outlet. I discovered that I would not have time to charge it up again before my flight took off.

While I was distracted by the iPad problem, I also realized that I was sitting at the wrong gate. It was lucky for me that the correct gate was right next store at #B11.

Shortly after settling in at #B11, an announcement was made that our flight would be delayed. I sat a little dazed that my vacation was getting off to a rocky start. A 2nd announcement was made shortly after that we would all have to move to Gate #C29, and our flight would depart about a 1/2 hour late. This turned out to be false, and our plane actually touched down in Santa Anna an hour late. I was never so bored during a plane trip. If only I could learn how to nap on an airplane.

I was picked up at the airport by a friend from MiceChat and his wife. That part went really well, and I was actually at my hotel about 7 p.m. in the evening. So, all in all, I spent about 8 1/2 hours traveling.

Too late to go to Disneyland, but then I knew that when I planned the trip. I would have the next 4 full days to enjoy the two parks, and hop to my heart's content, and I did plenty of that.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-03-2012 at 09:32 PM.

• formerly very helpful

Re: Happiness is using 4 Day Parkhopper!

A nice start, but I want to see more!

• Merry 2014!

Yay! A Barbarann Trip Report! Almost like being there.

Hope that iPad wasn't your only entertainment option on board.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Trip report!!! Whooo Hooooo!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I stayed at a hotel called Dolphin's Cove. My husband and I own points in Wyndham, so this vacation was costing me points, rather than regular dollars. I really liked the resort, despite the fact that it is the furthest hotel that I have stayed at during all my total Disneyland trips.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.

• Goofy

can't wait for more.

• sleepy lagoon

Can't wait to see all your pics!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After I checked in, and checked out my room, I took a very long walk down Harbor Blvd in the dark, because I wanted to eat dinner at Tony Roma's. That restaurant is almost directly across from Disneyland. Just because I wasn't going to visit the park that first night, didn't mean that I couldn't go give a "look-see" to what was going on in the Esplanade.

I had a chicken sandwich that had bacon, and jack cheese on it. I also had their sweet potato fries, which were so yummy. They are served with a maple-syrupy dipping sauce. I washed it all down with raspberry ice tea.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Can't wait to see more!! Keep them coming!!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just as I was coming out of Tony Roma's, and I was about to cross Harbor Blvd, I heard the fireworks over my head. I stayed there for a while, and attempted to get some decent photos of the fireworks. As you can see, I need help in that department.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:26 AM ----------

I took my first picture on this trip of the Disneyland Entrance Sign, and then I crossed over Harbor Blvd. Each and every time I do this, I am reminded of my home town of Chicago, which has the same types of streets, crosswalks, and traffic lights. If only ........

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:29 AM ----------

I wanted to get some night pictures of the new entrance to California Adventure which I will now call DCA from this point on in my trip report. They started out pretty bad, but they got a little bit better, even before editing,

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:33 AM ----------

I also took some photos of the Disneyland Entrance as well. Not so good photos, by the way. They got better later on in my my visit.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:37 AM ----------

I noticed that you could see the top of the Carthay Circle Theatre, so I took a few photos of that.

I also noticed the very tip top of the Fun Wheel in one of my photos, which I thought was kind of cool at the time. I believe that I was taking that photo, during the night's 2nd showing of World Of Color.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 08:46 AM ----------

There were beautiful roses everywhere, and my last photo of the night was to be of the very popular Mickey Benches that are a favorite of my mine.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012 at 05:47 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I got a really good night's sleep in my hotel, and since I was up quite early, I decided that Tuesday would be my early entry day. I even posted that very thing on MiceChat that morning. I loved the fact that my iPad was now fully charged, and that my room wifi worked perfectly. Next time, I will pack a little extra something to do on the flight out, rather than just the iPad.

I have made the photos smaller for this trip report, because they load a whole lot quicker. I shot them all at the best resolution, so they shouldn't be too bad overall.

Here is the door to my room. I was very close to the lobby, and very close to the pool. I didn't use the pool, but had I know how hot it would get in the afternoon, I might have been tempted to take advantage of a dip in the pool, and a soak in the hot tub. I had to pass through the pool area, each day, on the way out of the resort

I also passed by this very small fountain, that was located on Orangewood Avenue. It marked the spot where one must turn in, in order to access the lobby.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012 at 08:07 AM.

•   
    • Minion

Nice trip report so far. I always enjoy your TRs they are so much fun to read I always stay next to that Tony Romas at the Ramada it;s part of the Wyndym rewards network so i use my points there and the HOJO of course!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There's a Denny's restaurant on the corner of Harbor and Orangewood. I could have eaten there, but I never did that during my trip.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

I could have used my ART pass that first morning, and caught the bus near the Travelodge Hotel, but I decided to walk instead. These are some of the locations that I passed. One of them being the Candy Cane Inn, which I have stayed at, and enjoyed.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-04-2012 at 08:25 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Ah!!! Fastasmic trip report keep it coming and I hope you having a blast!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

Moar!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast