Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 200
  1. #151

    • Non-Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    418

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    I think that the "master planning" for Disneyland was to create an amazing family experience.

    Other than WWOHP I don't know ANYONE who would go out of their way to go to USO...or USH for that matter. So you could debate the "master planning" all you want and who's layout is better than the others but all that is null and void when it comes to what the park can generate as an experience. I'll take DLR

    THE END

    I'll send you guys a postcard from DLR to USO...oh wait, does USO have a system like that?
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"





  2. #152

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    633

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Haha. I went to Orlando just for WWOHP/USO. Didn't even step into WDW. So, I guess your point is kinda invalid?

  3. #153

    • Non-Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    418

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Haha. I went to Orlando just for WWOHP/USO. Didn't even step into WDW. So, I guess your point is kinda invalid?
    How so? I wasn't speaking in generalities, I really meant I don't know anyone personally that is going out of their way to visit USO, That goes for WDW too.

    In fact the only thing in FL that really has a lot of my friends interested is the Disney Cruise to the Caribbean
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"





  4. #154

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    374

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    How so? I wasn't speaking in generalities, I really meant I don't know anyone personally that is going out of their way to visit USO, That goes for WDW too.

    In fact the only thing in FL that really has a lot of my friends interested is the Disney Cruise to the Caribbean
    Well since you live on the west coast with Disneyland, USH, and SeaWorld, what reasons would you having going all the way east and spending that money to see basically the same stuff that is in CA. On the east coast though plenty of people go to UOR, WDW and SeaWorld Orlando.

    On the east coast I do not know of anyone that would go all the way out of their way to go to USH, that goes for DLR too.

  5. #155

    • Non-Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    418

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Well since you live on the west coast with Disneyland, USH, and SeaWorld, what reasons would you having going all the way east and spending that money to see basically the same stuff that is in CA. On the east coast though plenty of people go to UOR, WDW and SeaWorld Orlando.

    On the east coast I do not know of anyone that would go all the way out of their way to go to USH, that goes for DLR too.
    Very very true
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"





  6. #156

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    143

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by WDWbeatsDL View Post
    First of all, for everyone who is saying this is not a fair comparison, I do not see what is going through your minds. It is obvious that both resorts share remarkably similar characteristics and that cannot be debated. It is fact, not opinion.

    Secondly, to answer the question, I think UOR is better than the DLR because when building UOR Universal went all out, spending top dollar to deliver a superior product. They are continuing to do so today even. However, when Disneyland Resort was being developed, they looked to do it as cheaply as possible so that explains as to why there is no deluxe resort hotels, lush landscaping, waterways, better transportation, etc. They did the bare minimum to turn it from a parking lot to a "resort." While the DLR is a fun place and works the way it is, it is fun to imagine "what could have been."
    Actually, most people pick DLR over UOR and WDW.. maybe not you but about 70 percent of people that have have been to all 3 resorts, heck now of days alot of people pick UOR over WDW, me just coming back from UOR, its good but its not WDW and doesn't even come close to DLR.

  7. #157

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    217

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    How so? I wasn't speaking in generalities, I really meant I don't know anyone personally that is going out of their way to visit USO, That goes for WDW too.

    In fact the only thing in FL that really has a lot of my friends interested is the Disney Cruise to the Caribbean
    Now you know TWO. My last trip to Florida was just of Universal and Harry Potter in particular. And we didn't visit Disney either.

  8. #158

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    A lot of people are still confused about what this thread is about, I think. Forget what's inside the parks. We are not comparing Disneyland to IOA or California Adventure to Universal.

    What the OP (from what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong) was trying to say was regardless of the contents of the individual parts, UOR was better as a whole on a purely aesthetic and phsyical level than DLR. No one set out to say that Universal Studios is a better park thatn Disneyland. Instead, the point of this thread is to point out that as a destination with two theme parks, three hotels, and a nighttime shopping/dining district, UOR is better (in many opinions).

    So basically, imagine DL and DCA being side by side behind a river that connects PPH, GCH, and the DLH, with DD laying along this river. If someone thinks that that sort of layout is inferior to the current one (DL being across from DCA via an unthemed cement slab at the end of the largely concrete DD), then they can say DLR's master planning is better than UOR's. It has nothing to do with rides, theming, shows, or even individual pakr layouts, JUST the overall spread of the resorts' components. I think most of us can agree, when understanding the original point the OP was trying to make, that UOR is much better planned and more aesthetically pleasing than the DLR from a purely physical standpoint as a whole.

  9. #159

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    374

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldisney77 View Post
    Actually, most people pick DLR over UOR and WDW.. maybe not you but about 70 percent of people that have have been to all 3 resorts, heck now of days alot of people pick UOR over WDW, me just coming back from UOR, its good but its not WDW and doesn't even come close to DLR.
    While this is off topic, I just question you validity that states that 70% of people pick DLR over WDW. I just found that very surprising. I am thinking that the main reason you think this way is because you are a DLR native and it is your home park. Also 70% of the users here on MiceChat are also call Disneyland their home park so that is why you are surrounded by opinions similar to yours. Visit a website like WDWMagic and you will see almost all their users view WDW to be the superior vacation destination. The reason you feel this way is because you have not gotten a general census but rather a very finite view in which most of the people love Disneyland. It makes sense that most people you know would pick DLR over UOR and WDW because that is the park you are closest to. Why would you travel across the country when you can drive an hour? It is like someone in Florida would go all the way to California to do less than what they have an hour away.

    Both resorts excel in certain areas and offer unique experiences that allow them to shine in their own ways. It is by no means fair to say that 70% of people agree that DLR is better than WDW.

    This is just my opinion but these are the aspects that I think WDW outshines DLR:

    -Main Street USA
    -Tomorrowland
    -Liberty Square
    -Space Mountain
    -Mickey's PhilarMagic
    -Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    -The Barnstormer
    -Cinderella Castle
    -Country Bear Jamboree
    -The Hall of Presidents
    -Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
    -Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
    -Under The Sea: Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    -Cinderella's Royal Table

    -Epcot
    -World Showcase***
    -Future World
    -Spaceship Earth
    -Turtle Talk
    -IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
    -Mission: SPACE
    -The American Adventure
    -Ellen's Energy Adventure
    -Gran Fiesta Tour
    -Innoventions
    -Journey into Imagination
    -Living with the Land
    -Maelstrom
    -Reflections of China
    -O Canada!
    -The Seas with Nemo and Friends
    -All Epcot Restaurants

    -Hollywood Blvd
    -Echo Lake
    -Sunset Blvd
    -Streets of New York

    -Rock n Roller Coaster
    -Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    -Lights, Motors, Action
    -Beauty and the Beast
    -American Idol Experience
    -Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    -The Great Movie Ride
    -Muppet Vision 3D
    -Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    -Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
    -50's Prime Time Cafe
    -Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
    - Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
    - The Hollywood Brown Derby


    -Disney's Animal Kingdom
    -Oasis
    -Discovery Island
    -Asia
    -Africa
    -Expedition Everest
    -Kilimanjaro Safaris
    -Festival of the Lion King
    -Finding Nemo - The Musical
    -It's Tough to Be a Bug!
    -DINOSAUR
    -The Tree of Life
    -Kali River Rapids
    -Flame Tree Barbeque

    -Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
    -Disney's Blizzard Beach
    -Disney's BoardWalk Area
    -Downtown Disney Area
    -All the waterways
    -Monorail and boat transportation
    -Disney's Magnolia, Palm, Oak Trail, Lake Buena Vista, and Osprey Ridge Golf Courses
    -Mini Golf
    -Lakeside recreation
    -Value Hotels
    -Moderate Hotels
    -Better deluxe hotels
    -Space and escapism available at WDW



    And now these are the things I think are better about the Disneyland Resort:

    -New Orleans Square
    -Fantasyland
    -Critter Country
    -Mickey's Toontown

    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Autopia
    -The Disney Gallery
    -Fantasmic!
    -Indiana Jones Adventure
    -Matterhorn Bobsleds
    -Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    -Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    -Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
    -Storybook Land Canal Boats
    -Blue Bayou

    -Buena Vista Street
    -Grizzly Peak
    -Cars Land

    -California Screamin'
    -Disney's Aladdin a Musical Spectacular
    -Goofy's Sky School
    -Grizzly River Run
    -Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
    -Luigi's Flying Tires
    -Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    -Radiator Springs Racers
    -Carthay Circle Restaurant

    -Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
    -Compactness/ walkability




    So as you can see both resorts offer pluses and minuses and are not supposed to compete with each other but complement one another.

  10. #160

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    143

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    you cant compare resorts, WDW wins HANDS DOWN.. not just the best disney resort but over all its the best family destinations in the world nothing comes close. but what you can compare is the parks. disneyland makes magic kingdom look silly. its still a great park but its no disneyland, that's like comparing WDW and DL as resorts, you cant. THE NEW DCA beats out animal kingdom and the studios. the only park really that can match up is Epcot. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    While this is off topic, I just question you validity that states that 70% of people pick DLR over WDW. I just found that very surprising. I am thinking that the main reason you think this way is because you are a DLR native and it is your home park. Also 70% of the users here on MiceChat are also call Disneyland their home park so that is why you are surrounded by opinions similar to yours. Visit a website like WDWMagic and you will see almost all their users view WDW to be the superior vacation destination. The reason you feel this way is because you have not gotten a general census but rather a very finite view in which most of the people love Disneyland. It makes sense that most people you know would pick DLR over UOR and WDW because that is the park you are closest to. Why would you travel across the country when you can drive an hour? It is like someone in Florida would go all the way to California to do less than what they have an hour away.

    Both resorts excel in certain areas and offer unique experiences that allow them to shine in their own ways. It is by no means fair to say that 70% of people agree that DLR is better than WDW.

    This is just my opinion but these are the aspects that I think WDW outshines DLR:

    -Main Street USA
    -Tomorrowland
    -Liberty Square
    -Space Mountain
    -Mickey's PhilarMagic
    -Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    -The Barnstormer
    -Cinderella Castle
    -Country Bear Jamboree
    -The Hall of Presidents
    -Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
    -Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
    -Under The Sea: Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    -Cinderella's Royal Table

    -Epcot
    -World Showcase***
    -Future World
    -Spaceship Earth
    -Turtle Talk
    -IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
    -Mission: SPACE
    -The American Adventure
    -Ellen's Energy Adventure
    -Gran Fiesta Tour
    -Innoventions
    -Journey into Imagination
    -Living with the Land
    -Maelstrom
    -Reflections of China
    -O Canada!
    -The Seas with Nemo and Friends
    -All Epcot Restaurants

    -Hollywood Blvd
    -Echo Lake
    -Sunset Blvd
    -Streets of New York

    -Rock n Roller Coaster
    -Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    -Lights, Motors, Action
    -Beauty and the Beast
    -American Idol Experience
    -Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    -The Great Movie Ride
    -Muppet Vision 3D
    -Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    -Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
    -50's Prime Time Cafe
    -Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
    - Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
    - The Hollywood Brown Derby


    -Disney's Animal Kingdom
    -Oasis
    -Discovery Island
    -Asia
    -Africa
    -Expedition Everest
    -Kilimanjaro Safaris
    -Festival of the Lion King
    -Finding Nemo - The Musical
    -It's Tough to Be a Bug!
    -DINOSAUR
    -The Tree of Life
    -Kali River Rapids
    -Flame Tree Barbeque

    -Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
    -Disney's Blizzard Beach
    -Disney's BoardWalk Area
    -Downtown Disney Area
    -All the waterways
    -Monorail and boat transportation
    -Disney's Magnolia, Palm, Oak Trail, Lake Buena Vista, and Osprey Ridge Golf Courses
    -Mini Golf
    -Lakeside recreation
    -Value Hotels
    -Moderate Hotels
    -Better deluxe hotels
    -Space and escapism available at WDW



    And now these are the things I think are better about the Disneyland Resort:

    -New Orleans Square
    -Fantasyland
    -Critter Country
    -Mickey's Toontown

    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Autopia
    -The Disney Gallery
    -Fantasmic!
    -Indiana Jones Adventure
    -Matterhorn Bobsleds
    -Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    -Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    -Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
    -Storybook Land Canal Boats
    -Blue Bayou

    -Buena Vista Street
    -Grizzly Peak
    -Cars Land

    -California Screamin'
    -Disney's Aladdin a Musical Spectacular
    -Goofy's Sky School
    -Grizzly River Run
    -Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
    -Luigi's Flying Tires
    -Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    -Radiator Springs Racers
    -Carthay Circle Restaurant

    -Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
    -Compactness/ walkability




    So as you can see both resorts offer pluses and minuses and are not supposed to compete with each other but complement one another.


    ---------- Post added 07-28-2012 at 02:55 PM ----------

    and one other thing that i think is very important when it comes to visiting the parks, is the weather, i know we cant control the weather. but when visiting WDW it gets down right miserable. while southern California has unbeatable weather.
    Last edited by magicaldisney77; 07-28-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  11. #161

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    374

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldisney77 View Post
    you cant compare resorts, WDW wins HANDS DOWN.. not just the best disney resort but over all its the best family destinations in the world nothing comes close. but what you can compare is the parks. disneyland makes magic kingdom look silly. its still a great park but its no disneyland, that's like comparing WDW and DL as resorts, you cant. THE NEW DCA beats out animal kingdom and the studios. the only park really that can match up is Epcot. IMO
    Alright because your original assumption made it seem as if you though DLR was a better resort than WDW. I am guessing you were confused as DLR means Disneyland Resort (which encompasses Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney District, and the three official Disney Resort hotels) and as WDW means Walt Disney World Resort (which encompasses Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Downtown Disney Area, Disney's BoardWalk Area, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Disney's Palm, Mangolia, Oak Trail, Osprey Ridge, and Lake Buena Vista Golf Courses, 24 themed Disney resort properties, and an abundance of other activities). Perhaps you felt that Disneyland was better than Magic Kingdom (Magic Kingdom is the original park at Walt Disney World and it was inspired by Disneyland but they differentiated by giving it a more grand feeling with the impressive Cinderella Castle, bigger Main Street, more waterways, Liberty Square, the grandest entrance to any Disney park across Seven Seas Lagoon (the big lake in front of the park) and the Walt Disney World Monorail (which unlike Disneyland is real transportation).

    I hoped I helped you understand what the difference between the two Resorts are and the aspects that make them up. Now you know. You're welcome . If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

  12. #162

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    143

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    my original post says DLR WDW not MK/DL. and sorry i forgot to put the R in DLR in my last post. that's my bad, and like i've said alot of people that i have talked to like the overall feel of DLR and UOR better than WDW, because WDW is so spread out.. and could take up to an hour just to park hop. while UOR and DLR is more accessible for obvious reasons. so thank you, if i have any Questions i wont hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by magicaldisney77; 07-28-2012 at 11:31 PM.

  13. #163

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    374

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldisney77 View Post
    you cant compare resorts, WDW wins HANDS DOWN.. not just the best disney resort but over all its the best family destinations in the world nothing comes close.
    It seems like you contradict yourself by saying WDW is the best resort and then saying it is not.

  14. #164

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    143

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    looking at my post there's not one place where i say DLR is better as a resort, i'm saying what others i have heard have said. i'm not one of those that never go to WDW i go about 3 trips a year. and yes WDW is the better resort because there is so much to do.. you can go to WDW and not step one foot in the parks and still have a good time. BUT DLR is all about the 2 parks, and make the most of em. so that why i think DLR has the better of the parks in the us, while WDW is better as a resort destination.

  15. #165

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    374

    Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

    I think the general condescension seems to be that Universal Orlando is far superior to Disneyland Resort in regards to master planning, WDW is the best theme park vacation destination in the world and really is a Resort unlike Disneyland, and Disneyland Resort has the charm of being the original park that Walt walked in.

    Why is Disneyland considered a Resort even though it has none of the amenities that make up WDW that give it the resort qualification. Disneyland is just 2 theme parks where WDW is 100 times more. Also Universal Orlando offers so much more.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] In what ways (if any) is Magic Kingdom better than Disneyland?
    By mattthemickeyman in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
  2. Why do you love DisneyWorld BETTER than DisneyLand?
    By DisneyDude2006 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
  3. Why do you love DisneyLand BETTER than DisneyWorld?
    By DisneyDude2006 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 11:26 PM
  4. Tokyo Disneyland-Is it better than Disneyland?
    By TDR_Fan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 10:42 AM
  5. Disneyland- Better than WDW?
    By Hidden Goofy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •