Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Minion

Re: Why is Universal Orlando better than Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Yes it is very annoying that almost everyone on here seems to think that Disneyland is on a pedestal and nothing can compare to it. If you provide one criticism on it or even suggest something is better than Disneyland, you get shot down and degraded. All of this though is expected from a site where 99% of the users go to Disneyland once a week and drink, live, and sleep Disneyland. I guess I have a broader view of the world and have experienced more than the people who have only been to Disneyland. I was only comparing resorts as a whole with this thread, not individual parks. Good design can be recognized. Believing something which obviously has some design and master planning issues to be the best in the world is ignorance. Oh well.
    You asked for it, especially with the title you used. People have different opinions, if you believe USO is better set up than DLR, fine. If others think the opposite, fine. Get over it, I say.

Yes it is very annoying that almost everyone on here seems to think that Disneyland is on a pedestal and nothing can compare to it. If you provide one criticism on it or even suggest something is better than Disneyland, you get shot down and degraded. All of this though is expected from a site where 99% of the users go to Disneyland once a week and drink, live, and sleep Disneyland. I guess I have a broader view of the world and have experienced more than the people who have only been to Disneyland. I was only comparing resorts as a whole with this thread, not individual parks. Good design can be recognized. Believing something which obviously has some design and master planning issues to be the best in the world is ignorance. Oh well.
    is disneyland park on a pedestal? yes it is. is the disneyland resort on a pedestal no its not.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    You asked for it, especially with the title you used. People have different opinions, if you believe USO is better set up than DLR, fine. If others think the opposite, fine. Get over it, I say.
    Alright I am sorry that the wrong thread title was used. It should have been something like "What could the DLR have learned from UOR in regards to master planning." However, I cannot see (as well as a majority of other users) as to why anyone would call the DLR a master planning master piece when compared to UOR. When compared to UOR, the flaws of DLR's master plan are easily evident. They could have gone a completely different route with the expansion but blew it.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Alright I am sorry that the wrong thread title was used. It should have been something like "What could the DLR have learned from UOR in regards to master planning." However, I cannot see (as well as a majority of other users) as to why anyone would call the DLR a master planning master piece when compared to UOR. When compared to UOR, the flaws of DLR's master plan are easily evident. They could have gone a completely different route with the expansion but blew it.
    See, the thing that you don't get is nobody is calling the DLR a "Masterpiece". As for the "They could have gone a completely different route" thing ,sure they could have but nobody knows why they didn't, not even you, but you keep pushing your point when others have differing opinions which we are all entitled to. You have your opinion that USO is better planned and some others don't.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Like disneymike said, why keep bringing it up? We understand you like USO's layout. Okay, fine. At this point I'm sure a lot of people couldn't care less about the subject.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314