Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Special June 15th DCA Merch Event

Quote Originally Posted by Julieandtheboys View Post
    I was thinking about this too. The part that I was slightly concerned about was the total number of pins available. Doesn't the catalog say 1000 to 2000 for each pin? If there are people (like me) who would go in and buy one of each then I am thinking they will run out by mid-morning. But I don't know how this works. I know that it will be crowded but I have no real sense of how long the lines are going to be. Am I going get stuck in a 3 hour line just to get to the merchandise?

I also wonder how many people they let in when the doors open. Is it just a steady stream? If you have been waiting in line for a few hours how long will it take you to get in once the park actually opens?
    Yeah, so most of the pins have an edition size of 2000, there is one pin (the walt and mickey in front of the carthay) that has only 1000 and the pin that says "I Was There" has an edition of 5000... hopefully it won't be impossible to get something. Also based on what I heard from some friends who attended one more disney day, they got in line around 5:30am and were located down near the tower of terror on Harbor in and they said they were through the gates about 20-30 mins after park opening... Who know if turn out over night will be as big as it was for OMDD, I think the fact that there is not a free giveaway like the ears might cut down on the people camping overnight, but we won't know until June 15th

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Also based on what I heard from some friends who attended one more disney day, they got in line around 5:30am and were located down near the tower of terror on Harbor in and they said they were through the gates about 20-30 mins after park opening...
    Oh that is a good bit to hear. I'm not a local so that helps put it in perspective. I can deal with a line like that if that is the case. Thanks.

im still guessing it wont be as crowded at least for some locals. i know that LAUSD are doing alot of graduations that day. and still i got to disney for star tours at 5 in the morning and was in the park right away when it opened

Wow - I'm glad I don't like most of it. Could have been a serious wallet damage event.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

This will most indeedily dubily affect the pre-opening line now. That's just swell. This frustrates me, because I have no interest in these items. Just like I wasn't interested in the free ears, yet they made my OMDD morning a big old mess.. I'm just not much of a collector, and now it's going to be an even more difficult fight just to see opening ceremonies. I have a 3 and 2 year old, and parents in their 60's. We can't line up overnight, and my brother and I can't get in line and have them join us later. What a huge dissappointment. Why couldn't they open up the special shop for these items later in the day?, like around 2pm or 3pm? I guess I will just have to keep positive thoughts and hope for the best!

Oh, and sorry! This isn't to discredit the merchandise, it's BEAUTIFUL! Or to say anything bad about collectors. I think it's amazing when people can maintain a wonderful collection of things. I am truly impressed by these people as I've never been good at it myself.
    Last edited by D23Divinity; 06-05-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Quote Originally Posted by D23Divinity View Post
    This will most indeedily dubily affect the pre-opening line now. That's just swell. This frustrates me, because I have no interest in these items. Just like I wasn't interested in the free ears, yet they made my OMDD morning a big old mess.. I'm just not much of a collector, and now it's going to be an even more difficult fight just to see opening ceremonies. I have a 3 and 2 year old, and parents in their 60's. We can't line up overnight, and my brother and I can't get in line and have them join us later. What a huge dissappointment. Why couldn't they open up the special shop for these items later in the day?, like around 2pm or 3pm? I guess I will just have to keep positive thoughts and hope for the best!

Oh, and sorry! This isn't to discredit the merchandise, it's BEAUTIFUL! Or to say anything bad about collectors. I think it's amazing when people can maintain a wonderful collection of things. I am truly impressed by these people as I've never been good at it myself.
    Well, you know, in the fine print it doesn't say what times the shopping will be available. It says "operating hours will vary". So that tells me to stay tuned for more details.

• gadgets & gizmos aplenty

Not that successful planning and organization will actually happen, but I would LOVE if there was a separate line at the gates for those specifically there to buy merch. This would free up so much front-of-the-line space for others and avoid the inevitable confusion. I'm with those who just can't be there overnight to buy a few items. That being said, I'm still highly tempted to just go at daybreak anyway....

alright i'm having trouble finding the link/merchandise list. don't laugh at me haha. was the link posted somewhere?

Go check out the story on the disney park blog... the link for the merch catalog is located there

found it...i was only looking at today's postings. didn't see it was posted yesterday

Blog Entries

They were talking about this event in the little store attached to the Animation building. Sounds cool!

• Adventures with Duffy

I too was thinking if there were two lines it would make it nicer. I did the long line for the 50th Ann pin "I was there" I don't want to do that again. I just want to ride the rides and try the new menus.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12