Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Special June 15th DCA Merch Event

Just saw this on the parks blog... sounds like a cool event with some special commemorative merch available!

Can you feel the excitement in the air? I know I can! Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Mad T Party and of course, our all new merchandise locations … The big day is almost here! For those of you amazing Disney Parks fans out there wondering if there will be any limited-edition commemorative merchandise available as part of this historic Disney milestone … well, you can bank on it! Here’s your first look at some of the key collections and special merchandise offerings debuting June 15 at the Disney Animation Building in Disney California Adventure park.

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-04-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: edited for copyright

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Special June 15th DCA Merch Event

Checked out the Merchandise Catalog, not a good idea lol. I want SOOO much of it! Some really great stuff in there for DCA, BVS, and Cars Land. Now to narrow down what I REALLY want to get on June 15th...plus there is the regular BVS and Cars Land merchandise available...ah!

•   
    • Minion

Wish I could go and get in there early enough to get some of those pins.

• Banned User

Thats weird, how come its being held in the Animation building? They have have several news stores in lands this merchandised will be based on, why dont they actually have it in them?

No big deal, just curious.

But wow that new logo is pretty darn cool!!! Will that be the new official DCA logo or is that just for opening day?

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Thats weird, how come its being held in the Animation building? They have have several news stores in lands this merchandised will be based on, why dont they actually have it in them?

No big deal, just curious.
    The stores in the park will be selling the regular line of merchandise for BVS and Cars Land. This collection is especially made for the June 15th grand reopening and I think it will be sold on that day only.

It seems like they want a separate location for the people who will want to grab the Limited Edition items first (and probably wait in long lines for it!)
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks for posting. I can only imagining how long these lines will be. It maybe easier to get on the new rides lol.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'd only consider getting the statue. But even still... i have other things I'd rather have for $200.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

There is a good selection of different merchandise. I think I am going to get the Carthay Opening Day Pin since my girlfriend and I will be the first lunch and first dinner seating. Very excited for that. My only disappointment is nothing with Oswald on it. I know "It all started with a mouse," but it would have been nice to have one small item with him and mickey on it.

• Minion

OMG OMG OMG. I'm freaking out. I wish I could snatch up about 1/3 of the things in that pdf. I love it all. The colors and design is all so wonderful and even though DCA was never close to my heart before this new burst of magic, I feel that I've almost grown up with it...watched it grow...which is completely untrue. Maybe I'm getting carried away with all this.

I can only hope that people limit themselves and don't buy everything, especially some of those absolutely gorgeous pins, but I'm very doubtful. I'll be there on the 16th to avoid the Deluxe AP crowds, but I don't think there'll be many remains for me to scrounge up.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Pretty cool.....anyone but me love that Art..with Mickey and Walt on it?

Will the statue only be available that day or will they have an another statue that they will offer to everybody else not able to go that day like myself but will hopefully go this summer
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    The stores in the park will be selling the regular line of merchandise for BVS and Cars Land. This collection is especially made for the June 15th grand reopening and I think it will be sold on that day only.

It seems like they want a separate location for the people who will want to grab the Limited Edition items first (and probably wait in long lines for it!)
    Ok, gotcha! Its only for opening day! Oh wow, when this gets out the Disney nerds will be camping out two days now lol. I dont buy Disney souvineers save an odd T shirt or souvineer book here and there, but man I LOVE that logo! If they have it in a pin or even a hat, I just might buy that alone!

much appreciated

Just trying to gauge when I should be heading to the park on the 15th... anybody have any knowledge how fast these LE release pins will go? I was probably planning on trying to get over to the park about 30 mins before opening... I know the line to get in will probably be huge by that point, but as long as I would have a chance to get some of those pins then I don't care what time I actually get into the park. Any guidance would be appreciated

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Just trying to gauge when I should be heading to the park on the 15th... anybody have any knowledge how fast these LE release pins will go? I was probably planning on trying to get over to the park about 30 mins before opening... I know the line to get in will probably be huge by that point, but as long as I would have a chance to get some of those pins then I don't care what time I actually get into the park. Any guidance would be appreciated
    I was thinking about this too. The part that I was slightly concerned about was the total number of pins available. Doesn't the catalog say 1000 to 2000 for each pin? If there are people (like me) who would go in and buy one of each then I am thinking they will run out by mid-morning. But I don't know how this works. I know that it will be crowded but I have no real sense of how long the lines are going to be. Am I going get stuck in a 3 hour line just to get to the merchandise?

I also wonder how many people they let in when the doors open. Is it just a steady stream? If you have been waiting in line for a few hours how long will it take you to get in once the park actually opens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast