Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Happy Haunts Stories!

There are many characters within the Haunted Mansion, all seemingly posessing some special, inward stroy.

But, what is it?

Walt's death put the Haunted Mansion in a funny state, so even the whole feel of the ride isn't really decided to be funny or scary. I'd imagine that his death also might have affected these character's stories, perhaps.

In any case, there is no clear explanation, play-by-play of what happened to whom. We know that Master Gracey hanged himself up in the attic, we know that there is a ghost bride in the attic as well...and then we have, say, the woman blowing out her birthday candles in a grand ballroom.

Everything else is left to the imagination.

My question for all of you is...what stories do you create or believe that exist within the Haunted Mansion?

They can be about any character within the ride.

I'll tell what I think is the bride's story.

A girl was born into a very wealthy family. She was the only child, so the fortune rested upon her. However, still very young, she did not worry herself too much upon her family's fortune. Sadly, around age 16, her parents died in a fatal carriage accident. Master Gracey, an elligible bachelor at the time, attended the funeral and consoled the poor girl. In a short amount of time, they fell in love, and were married. When they got back to the Gracey manor for their honeymoon, still young and playful, the newly-wedded girl wished to play hide and seek with her husband. She dashed up into the attic, still in her wedding dress, and discovered a chest that she could fit into...just barely. Feeling discomfort, she was about to change to her hiding spot-unfortunately, just then, Madame Leota, exceedingly jealous of the young bride, locked the poor bride within the chest, where she suffocated and died.

All right, throw out your stories!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Happy Haunts Stories!

here is the story I heard and it was suppost to be the original. Master Gracey was a pirate, look at the weather vaine on top of the roof and the fact that it is close to POTC.

Anyway, he found out his wife cheated on him, killed her on the wedding day, then hung himself.

I remember that there was a site telling most of the characters story but I forget what it was called.

I heard that the dancers were put under a curse which made them dance for all eternity. I think that the curse was put on by the Voodo queen Madame Leota.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

One reply and 44 views? Come on, people...it's healthy to use some creativity once in a while

How about somebody write up a story about the viking opera woman?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

She one day had a frog in her throat and croaked.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Pineapple, do you want me to try and find the website link and post it or no?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^ I think you are referring to doombuggies maybe? Idk.

Sure, go ahead.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

There was a rich man who frequently visited a witch for fortune tellings and palm readings. He was a lonely man who eventually found love with a local woman. This enraged the witch who was secretly in love with the man. In her anger, she cursed his bride on their wedding day and to this day she is doomed her to haunt the manor forever, frequently seen in the attic, wearing her wedding dress, crying for her long lost love.

The man in his grief for his loss climbed to the highest place in his home and hung himself.

Due to the horrific nature of the story the house holds, no one wanted to buy the home. The witch then took up residence and had gone mad in her solace. After her death, her body laid forgotten for days before being found, she haunts and torments anyone who comes into the manor, maniacally searching for the man she loved and lost....

To this day the manor is a hotbed of ghostly activity, attracting its fair share of lost souls along the way.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    ^ I think you are referring to doombuggies maybe? Idk.

Sure, go ahead.
    I believe that there was another site, not the doombuggies one, but it was years back.

--Sidenote to Pineapplewhipaddict, I noticed in a Mice chat add that you will be getting a T-Shirt made in your honor that says Pineapple Whips Rock.....Cool.....Keep it up .

Okay back on topic. I am curious about the hitchiking ghosts. I know their name, but what's their purpose?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    One reply and 44 views? Come on, people...it's healthy to use some creativity once in a while
    I'm way not creative but love reading others' creativity.

Why is the cemetary custodian's dog so skinny? It makes me sad every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Circle of Ancients

Edward Gracey built his mansion atop an old burial ground. On his wedding day, Master Gracey murdered his bride when he became possessed by the restless spirits he disturbed by building his estate atop their graves.

• Long Distance Imagineer

I don't have any "stories" behind the HM, however I can tell you I got stuck in the graveyard when I was a child. I was scared of that attraction, until I sat there in the doombuggy, for what seemed like forever, and watched a ghost's head repeatedly going up and down. Once I saw how staged it really was, I wasn't frightened of it, but I still have fun watching everything, seeing the creativity in what was put into the HM altogether.

I do have a story on an lp of a couple of kids who end up stranded at the HM on a stormy night...

I don't remember the particulars, but I can pull it back out and put a transcript on it.

It's the Trick or Treat LP shown on this page:

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.htm

• Enjoying every day...

You know, I have never really given much thought to a story behind the ride. I just enjoyed riding it because I like the song. Either way, I would have to go with SummerInFL story. Makes the most sense....
    "Sometimes the way forward, is also the way back."

• Random Thinking

Ok, I'll give it a go...

There once was an extraordinarily talented young musician. He too, was madly in love with the young lady that later became Master Gracey's beautiful bride. Unfortunately, the young man was shy and socially awkward. Although he was friends with the girl, he could never quite bring himself to tell her how much he adored her.

When she became engaged to Master Gracey, she unknowingly broke the musician's heart. However, he loved her so much, that he agreed to play the piano at her wedding.

Unfortunately, her wedding night turned out to be a disaster. As the bride found herself forever grieving in the attic, the loyal musician decided that he would watch over and protect her for all eternity. To this day, he is unable to find the words to tell her how he feels, so instead, he plays his mournful version of the bridal march in the attic, keeping watch over his secret love.
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• Head Salesman

Ask, and ye shall receive: http://members.aol.com/HtdMsn/gallery.html
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by cindersgirl
    I don't have any "stories" behind the HM, however I can tell you I got stuck in the graveyard when I was a child. I was scared of that attraction, until I sat there in the doombuggy, for what seemed like forever, and watched a ghost's head repeatedly going up and down. Once I saw how staged it really was, I wasn't frightened of it, but I still have fun watching everything, seeing the creativity in what was put into the HM altogether.

The very first time I rode HM as a child I got stuck right NEXT to that freaky bride for about 10 minutes and while they cut the music they didn't turn off the heartbeat. I was freaking.....out. I'm over it now but I still remember that feeling of terror when I was a kid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast