Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: DCA Phase 2 - Just One Dream

Actually the villain idea is kind of cool. I'm generally not a big fan of villains concepts, but I think making them into stylized 1930's gangsters could be really cool. I've thought that if they were going to do an attraction like this it would work in Paradise Pier with more of a spook-house theme, but that could definitely work too. I'd just rather keep the animation in PP to keep with the new theme. But I'd be ok with that idea, it definitely has potential.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Heres mine:
    Replacing bugsland. With a all new exprinice with the tech from Transformers the ride, it would be a ride thats a expansion to carsland and it would have about 14 screens of fin, mater, holly fighting around the globe and each ride exprience would be diffrent but would be the same ending like verbolten but as a simulator with flight controls and like TOT in orlando it would be a diffrent exprience but really it would be perfect and as it would happen so would be a new shop
    Paradise Pier: Finishing the victorian style with 2 new rides, a new toystory ride with the entrance replacing the carasoul. and the ride would be in the middle of california screaming, speching of california screaming the rides vechicles would get a makeover with mabye 4 seating anda new color in the track and the station would follow the theme of the area. a new ride audio would be added, new train colors, and i agree with goofy sky school being replaced but no ratatulie Mabye a new restraunt would replace it and would be a 5 star one and really use that space with a another piece of bull. it would work. i agree with Maneatingwreath about redcreek and the great movie ride and all else of what he said
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    That picture of the redwood is exactly what I was thinking!

The second you enter the fallen tree you find yourself inside a much more rustic Northern California take on the traditional Country Bear Jamboree lobby. The main theater itself would take inspiration from the original CBJ theater while not cloning too much of it. It'd have its own unique flare as this version of the show is very much unique in its own right.
    I don't get why the entrance/lobby has to be more than anything than the exposed inside of the redwood

• MaliBOOMer

I don't understand the appeal of the GMR. When I rode it I was not impressed. I did not find it entertaining or interesting, idk maybe it was the CM's acting that killed it for me.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• I'm a Lutheran

When I thought of implementing GMR I was definitely planning on making it a vast improvement over WDW's ride. I must admit that while it was cool in 1999 (the first time I saw it), watching it now on YouTube is rather disappointing. The ride definitely creeped me out as a kid riding it. Something about it just didn't seem right. Today it looks like some of the effects are getting old and weathered and many of the animatronics and set pieces need some touch ups. A big scale refurbishment including replacements and additions wouldn't hurt either.

But I've ultimately deciding on putting in the Villain ride instead...it's either Hollywood Land or Toontown. Remember folks that this is going to be a part of a massive DLR expansion plan I will be posting at some time in the near future.

Also...700 posts!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Golden River: Wonderful idea, and still plausible in Frontierland, but I don't think it'll work in the new DCA. The whole concept is the California Walt came to, and that means 1920 to 1960; 1850 - 1900 just wouldn't fit. To me, Cars and Bugs kind of have a 60's feel to them with the modern day additions, so they loosely fit. The Grizzly area has that 40's vibe, so it fits. Paradise Pier is now firmly themed in the 30's and 40's with a Santa Monica feel to it. Heck, the Muppets and Monsters both have a 50's/60's vibe. It's unfortunate, because your idea is wonderful. The first thought I had was "there is way too much for that to possibly fit in the space he's proposing." After looking at the show buildings for Pirate's and comparing the area and your ride scene breakdown versus the existing Pirate's ride scenes, it's pretty solidly the same size in plan. Really, it's an idea that perfectly fit DCA --- 1.0. Your ride should have been there day 1, it would have gone great with the Golden gate and the Boudin bread factory. As for getting it into Disneyland, I fear the ride concept is too similar to Pirate's for the brass to consider it. But it would fit, and it would be amazing to put into the Thunder Ranch zone, even being able to work the railroad into the ride.

Great Movie Ride: I think you are right to abandon this idea. I just don't see it having the same impact in Southern California that it had in Florida. We're all very jaded to movies and sets out here. :-)

Hollywoodland: Largely good ideas, though I do disagree with the Tower paint job. Get rid of the tacky, bring on the class. Included with this, they must figure a way to make use of the Itch building, the Whitley building, and the other facades by turning them into full buildings, particularly the Whitley which has serious back end issues. To use them would require some shifting or removal of the industrial stage, which really, I feel should just go away anyway, but I'm mostly trying to just comment on your ideas and leave mine to a minimum.

Country Bear Revue: Awesome. I really have nothing to add or detract from this. It all fits pretty well, song choices mostly fit the time period of 20's to 60's, redwood theme with the death valley inclusion, the return of the bears to satsify the yesterlanders: just an all around good idea.

Grizzly Mine Ride: Would be fun, but I just don't see room for it anywhere.

Just One Dream: Off the Page is far too lucrative. If you want the Dream, location shift to the facades across the street behind the Smoothies, fully enclose the area as a stage and build the Dream as a theater that still gives stage possibilities to other programs similar to the Opera House across the resort.

Unnamed Dark: I don't really know about the other parks too much, and you kept mentioning trackless dark rides which I didnt understand until I looked up the Hunny Hunt on youtube. Wow. As for what to replace Sky School with, regardless of what it is, it should fit the time period and zoning: 30's 40's Sea Side.

Villains Nightclub: Themed to the zone, Roger rabbit style it would seem to fit. I just don't think it's the right spot for it unless it's highly stylized. Styling all the characters on the ride to the old style would be the ideal, I just don't know how you would feel about that. 1930's version of Gaston would be great :-). I also think the inclusion of Mickey seems a bit off. I really just feel the old school characters fit Hollywoodland more: Oswald, Horace, Clara. Good ride plan, but with Toon Town seeming to be a better fit, I just don't see it here.

I forgot one... Tot 2, they redo the building and add the effects and all that stuff from orlando but a new story but using the show as something mabye letting the ride's brain do its work same with hollywood studios but keeping the facade but adding more stuff to enhance the exprience
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• The Hopper

You have some great ideas but I don't see Disney doing such major changes like this for another ten years. I think you could modify the ideas a bit and they would make changes each year to make the park better.

1. Muppet and Millionaire are both under utilized and have the potential to be a dark ride to compliment Monster Inc. and really bring a ton of life to this area. With that much room you could put any one of your dark ride ideas into this area. The Monster Inc. ride is actually really good, I'm always surprised that there is no line...I have a feeling that this is more about the location and nothing else in that area than it is the ride being bad. If you had a major attraction next door I would bet Monster Inc. ridership would go way up.

2. For a few years Bugs Life was the only thing my kids could really enjoy because of how little they were, I think although the rides are a bit like a carnival, the theming and idea is great and I wouldn't change much. The show is actually really good and eats a lot of people but that is another nice spot that could house a dark ride in the future that really brings to life the story of bugs life and with it's location could be one of the most popular rides in the park. This would be a huge bonus in that Carthay Circle isn't a ride (which I think it should have been) so putting a ride so close could justify the building behind it just being a restaurant.

3. I think the Wilderness Trail (can't even remember the name) was a great idea that didn't work. Even with re-theming it to UP we never go in it, with Tom Sawyer's island (which is a similar idea in just letting the kids run around) you have an adventurous way to get to it and explore...this doesn't have that same effect. But, once again you have prime real-estate next to the hotel across from GRR that you could do so much with. It also needs something great there because GRR either gets to be a 2 hour wait when it's hot, or no line when it's cold so if you just got off Soarin you have a LONG walk with nothing to Ariel or the next ride of choosing. There needs to be something that connects these two parts that isn't effected by weather and really draws you along this path. You could put one of your ideas in this section but I would keep it low and open so that the Hotel could really be a part of this area.

4. The final plus without a huge financial burden and could be done quicker would be in the Maliboomer area. This is another section of the park that between Goofy Sky School and Toy Story really lacks a connection ride. I realize there are about 4 rides between there but they don't draw you in, you ride them more when the park is crowded. What I really think this part of the park needs is some kind of people mover. This would be harder but would be a huge addition to a park that is really pretty and needs a way for you to travel around and just look at the beauty. Like Red Trolly will do for the front of the park I would put something that can start in San Francisco Street and travel around the World of Color Lake and end at Screamin with a stop in the Maliboomer park. If it was higher off the ground and could go up around the new eating places next to Goofy Sky School it would really show off all the work and beauty they put into that area. I would have to really take a closer look to see the feasibility of this and the path.

I actually had an idea when I was visiting WDW and went to Hollywood Studios. When I went on Rockin' Roller Coaster, I was thoroughly impressed and amazed by the ride, and I thought it would go VERY well where Monsters and Millionaire is/was. Perfectly fits the Hollywood theme, music, traffic, and just works.

I know you said you aren't a big fan of clones in different parks, so modify it a bit. New band, new track layout, etc. I know it's still the same, but I personally would LOVE to have a version of Rockin' Roller Coaster on the west coast and (maybe?) have something to rival another certain dark coaster across the esplanade...

Golden River Expedition - Would work thematically about as well as A Bug's Land does, with Grizzly Mountain across the way, and you could tie the other side of the mountain into the Cadillac Range of Cars Land. I would suggest only taking half of Flik's Fun Fair, and expanding Luigi's Flying Tires into the other half; adding a second area for tires would double the ride capacity and halve wait time.

Great Movie Ride - would work about as well as Hollywood Limo, so "No" on that.

The Disney Villain Nightclub - I like this better, but not so much the beaten-up trashcan vehicles. Maybe ride vehicles themed to circular nightclub booths? This idea reminds me of "Mickey's House of Villains" from "The House of Mouse" cartoons; I'd assume that's where you got the idea?

Hollywood Land - I like the music choices, just have them recorded in up-beat instrumental arrangements by one good band. I like the idea of redoing the facades, but maybe not all the choices of themes.

Country Bear Revue - I'd like the idea, and it fits thematically, but think it would only make a good temporary attraction. Since Walt's idea was that all attractions were at their heart temporary, good job! I'd like to suggest mixing two shows, a 3D/4D show in one room, and the Animatronic show in another, so people watch one while waiting for the other, sort of like the Enchanted Tiki Room preshow. Personally when you described your idea for the theater I thought of using something like the "One Log House," only larger; a 20' high log for the lobby, leaning up against an even larger diameter log for the theater:

Logs like that don't exist, of course, but Disney wouldn't be using a real log anyway.

Grizzly Mine Train Ride - I was thinking of something like this! Like a combination Mine Car Through Nature's Wonderland crossed with the Knott's Mine Car ride that turns into a runaway train ride through a mine that looks like the one in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom... Put it IN Grizzly Peak, crossing the Grizzly River Run several times before going underground to see the wonders of California's Gold & Gems, and then running wild along a "terrain" following coaster track through tunnels & glory holes, past shocked and scattering miners, into abandoned sections of the mine with twisted & curving tracks, back into the regular mine, and then into the station with a rush. Use multiple sections with linear induction motors in place of lift hills, and that will allow you to run multiple cars on their own section of track, closer than you can with a regular coaster. Run two coasters that run side by side or loop past each other, depending on the section of track (like the Matterhorn does), and you double the number of people who can ride in an hour.

Just One Dream - Wasn't this one of the original ideas for what to put in the Carthay Circle Theater? It might work better in Stage 17?

Goofy's Flying School replacement - When they first announced the new theme I had the idea they could enclose the top half of the Wild Mouse in a cloud-shaped building and put animatronics inside, making it a half dark ride/half Wild Mouse coaster; sort of a Goofy meets Mr Toad kind of ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12