Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    For perspective, Space Mountain goes 28 mph and is quite fun...different kind of ride, yes, but you can have a perception of speed that's quite good even at 40mph
    I'm just asking here, but is there anything in the resort now that goes over 40 MPH? I could be wrong, but I dont think so. Maybe Screamin?

But if not, it kind of proves the point, speed is pretty relative at the end of the day. You throw enough loops, dips, curves and spins and it will feel MUCH faster than what it is. I think because everyone knows TT goes 65 MPH (and it IS fast when you are on it) it sounds like a let down. But TT is litterally just the track. RSR will have a lot more to it to make you feel like you are going faster than you are just like SM does now! I dont think its suppose to be a thrill ride just an exciting one. It does that, I will be happy!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This attraction really IS the greatest *new* ride California has seen since 1995's Indiana Jones Adventure. It's not too slow, it's not too fast. It's fantastic. Sure, when you really stop to think about it will you come up with things that you'd prefer, but you have to go with your first gut reaction. It was AMAZING. It harkens back to my youth at Knott's Berry Farm when you race the other Soap Box Racer. Radiator Springs Racers is the new THAT.

It's not the latest tech like Transformers but it is the most heavily themed and that's what makes us come back to Disney day after day. They have delivered upon their promise and given the Disneyland resort something truly special.

The park will be so packed that you'll all be missing the DCA 1.0 days when you had it all to yourself.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Must....get....to...dca
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Great to hear great reviews. I've avoided reading plotlines since i'll be there the 15th, but love hearing how people are raving.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

It's not the latest tech like Transformers but it is the most heavily themed and that's what makes us come back to Disney day after day. They have delivered upon their promise and given the Disneyland resort something truly special.
    There is nothing news about Transformers technology except that it uses the latest in 3D, like Star Tours. The ride system is awesome, but it's system developed in the late 90s and first introduced in 1999 on Spider-Man in Orlando. In fact, like Indiana Jones/Dinosaur, Transformers/Spider-Man have an identical track layout (though with space limitations, USH installed a pair of elevators, virtually unnoticeable to guests, that split the layout onto two floors).

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    For perspective, Space Mountain goes 28 mph and is quite fun...different kind of ride, yes, but you can have a perception of speed that's quite good even at 40mph
    Space Mountain in Florida goes 28mph. Space Mountain here goes closer to 40 mph than 28mph. Matterhorn is in the 20's though.

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I'm just asking here, but is there anything in the resort now that goes over 40 MPH? I could be wrong, but I dont think so. Maybe Screamin?

But if not, it kind of proves the point, speed is pretty relative at the end of the day. You throw enough loops, dips, curves and spins and it will feel MUCH faster than what it is. I think because everyone knows TT goes 65 MPH (and it IS fast when you are on it) it sounds like a let down. But TT is litterally just the track. RSR will have a lot more to it to make you feel like you are going faster than you are just like SM does now! I dont think its suppose to be a thrill ride just an exciting one. It does that, I will be happy!
    California Screemin' is 55 mph.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Hot FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Space Mountain in Florida goes 28mph. Space Mountain here goes closer to 40 mph than 28mph. Matterhorn is in the 20's though.

Nope, Space here AT MOST could go 30 but averages out to 27 (depending on weight).

RSR will now take the crown at #1 attraction at the resort. It has it all, Thrills, Theme and the height requirement for smaller racers is just right at that sweet 40in mark. The question is, who ISN'T looking forward to RSR?

...As I see it

• HYDRA

In tokyo they can expand in the parking lot and build a garage
    I get in on sunday at the d23 event
    So who one this year USH or DLR

• Banned User

The car quickly turns right as you only see the approaching lights of the train but never really see the train itself.
    Why are they constantly doing the same tricks over and over again. This was featured in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Wonder if fast passes for RSR will go as fast as Star Tours did when it re-opened? Best be getting to that temporary distribution center as soon as that bad boy opens.

Thanks for sharing, this seems like it's a truly awesome ride and can't wait to try IRL later this year.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    There is nothing news about Transformers technology except that it uses the latest in 3D, like Star Tours. The ride system is awesome, but it's system developed in the late 90s and first introduced in 1999 on Spider-Man in Orlando. In fact, like Indiana Jones/Dinosaur, Transformers/Spider-Man have an identical track layout (though with space limitations, USH installed a pair of elevators, virtually unnoticeable to guests, that split the layout onto two floors).

It's newer than Test Track is what I meant.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post

Nope, Space here AT MOST could go 30 but averages out to 27 (depending on weight).

RSR will now take the crown at #1 attraction at the resort. It has it all, Thrills, Theme and the height requirement for smaller racers is just right at that sweet 40in mark. The question is, who ISN'T looking forward to RSR?

...As I see it
    When i was in Disneyland in 2004, the monorail driver was saying how the monorail was the fastest ride in Disneyland because Space Mountain was closed. He said Space went 35mph. Wikipedia has it at 34.8 mph. I know not the most reliable source, but I'm gonna trust it on this one. I know from Disney's website that the one in Florida tops out at 28mph. That one is no doubt slower than the one in California.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's newer than Test Track is what I meant.
    They debuted only about 6 months apart. The technology for both was developed at the same time. Transformers uses a more advanced technology, though, that's for sure.

• Bucket List Car

This ride looks/sounds amazing. Can't wait!

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why are they constantly doing the same tricks over and over again. This was featured in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
    But this was in the movie... so it makes sense to that scene.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast