Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• film975

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

To me there is no doubt that Radiator Springs Racers will be the E-Ticket ride of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post

Nope, Space here AT MOST could go 30 but averages out to 27 (depending on weight).

...As I see it
    There is much debate about how weight effects speed, if it all.

• Goofy

when i go there i hope it is not too slow.

I know Disney has been vying for this one for a long while: a ride that will remain popular even if all the effects become worn down and constantly non-working (i.e. Indy)... it may not be as popular as gaining two hour waits in 2022, but it'll get those daily 45 no matter the season. (unless it's raining of course!)

One great thing that'll come out of this is that it will guaranteed offset the popularity of Soarin', finally forcing it to undergo a rehab for digital projectors and other fancy upgrades.

Ugh June 6th? Why must it be June 6th?

• Hot FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    When i was in Disneyland in 2004, the monorail driver was saying how the monorail was the fastest ride in Disneyland because Space Mountain was closed. He said Space went 35mph. Wikipedia has it at 34.8 mph. I know not the most reliable source, but I'm gonna trust it on this one. I know from Disney's website that the one in Florida tops out at 28mph. That one is no doubt slower than the one in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    There is much debate about how weight effects speed, if it all.
    I'm going based on what I was taught and told by my trainer. I know weight is a factor because we've had downtimes where there was a brake zone intrusion due to a heavier rocket caught up to a lighter rocket because (unfortunately) the CM did not give a large enough gap to the rockets when they launched. I'm inclined to believe it because I have seen what happens if you disregard weight for Space.

...as i see it

Wow, thanks for posting this!

Before, I was just "eh whatever" about this ride. But, now I am excited!
    Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for all the info

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why are they constantly doing the same tricks over and over again. This was featured in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

The train scene in RSR is different. The train is supposed to be come from the right side. you see the light behind the corner but turn instead. There aren't train lights heading directly towards you.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    They debuted only about 6 months apart. The technology for both was developed at the same time. Transformers uses a more advanced technology, though, that's for sure.

I suppose that I feel that slot cars have been around for an entire century... thus leading to my statement that Spider-Man/Transformers is more high-tech than Radiator Springs Racers / Test Track. Even if the rides themselves were 6 months apart.

Looking at wiki (not always reliable but decently so), slot cars appeared in catalogues in 1912. That's exactly 100 years ago.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• formerly very helpful

Excited!

Can't wait to go in September after school is back in session and crowds are down. Thanks Dusty for ANOTHER GREAT Article.

I cant wait! Thank you so much!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why are they constantly doing the same tricks over and over again. This was featured in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
    Not quite the same. On Toadís, the train heads straight towards you and the effect was more effective. On RSR, Iím assuming that the train is coming in from the left, but it wasnít all that apparent and I didnít clearly pick up on the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I suppose that I feel that slot cars have been around for an entire century... thus leading to my statement that Spider-Man/Transformers is more high-tech than Radiator Springs Racers / Test Track. Even if the rides themselves were 6 months apart.

Looking at wiki (not always reliable but decently so), slot cars appeared in catalogues in 1912. That's exactly 100 years ago.
    Radiator Springs Racers is not actually the same exact ride system as Test Track, but instead the third generation of this technology. Test Track represents the first generation of this technology and was riddled with problem. Imagineers then reworked the concept internally to create the second generation of the technology which is used on Journey to the Center of the Earth at TDS. And finally the technology was reworked again and the third generation of the tech is used on RSR. So really there technology on this ride that is very new.

Although i absolutely LOVE Cars and am completely Stoked to get on Radiator Springs Racers....one question pops up into my mind. One of the reasons Rocket Rods was shut down was because of constant breakdowns and then the tires always needed changing on the Rockets themselves....wouldn't this be the same issue with RSR? It uses the tires and same concept as Test Track but thats what leaves me worried is the fact that it gets so expensive to run and maintain that they shut it down (like RR).

Otherwise...i am very very VERY VERY excited to see this! My mom and I are trying to convince my dad to get a Blockout Day during the summer for me, and then getting tickets for my mom and brother so we can go check out Cars Land (hopefully July sometime, who knows). So i am very very excited to see everything!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Radiator Springs Racers is not actually the same exact ride system as Test Track, but instead the third generation of this technology. Test Track represents the first generation of this technology and was riddled with problem. Imagineers then reworked the concept internally to create the second generation of the technology which is used on Journey to the Center of the Earth at TDS. And finally the technology was reworked again and the third generation of the tech is used on RSR. So really there technology on this ride that is very new.

Of course but it's not like a revolution here. We're talking about an existing tech but perfected to work more efficiently. It's the same basic concept. It's still a slot car.

My main basic point here, because I think it got clouded by this discussion, is that I didn't expect much from Radiator Springs Racers. I was bored with Test Track and I saw Transformers Ride as something akin to Indiana Jones Adventure... aka, the summer's most breakthrough ride. But that isn't the case. I'm just head over heels in love with Radiator Springs Racers because it feels old school. It's a classic Disney style ride taken to the next level with rich, rich theming. It just takes you to another world and it's truly exciting.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast