Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Observer

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

may i just say after having rode the racers... the animatronics... or how ever u spell it.. are AMAZING ! i cant describe it lol they look soo real

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Of course but it's not like a revolution here. We're talking about an existing tech but perfected to work more efficiently. It's the same basic concept. It's still a slot car.

My main basic point here, because I think it got clouded by this discussion, is that I didn't expect much from Radiator Springs Racers. I was bored with Test Track and I saw Transformers Ride as something akin to Indiana Jones Adventure... aka, the summer's most breakthrough ride. But that isn't the case. I'm just head over heels in love with Radiator Springs Racers because it feels old school. It's a classic Disney style ride taken to the next level with rich, rich theming. It just takes you to another world and it's truly exciting.
    Oh I definetly see what your point was now

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This attraction really IS the greatest *new* ride California has seen since 1995's Indiana Jones Adventure. It's not too slow, it's not too fast. It's fantastic. Sure, when you really stop to think about it will you come up with things that you'd prefer, but you have to go with your first gut reaction. It was AMAZING. It harkens back to my youth at Knott's Berry Farm when you race the other Soap Box Racer. Radiator Springs Racers is the new THAT.

It's not the latest tech like Transformers but it is the most heavily themed and that's what makes us come back to Disney day after day. They have delivered upon their promise and given the Disneyland resort something truly special.

The park will be so packed that you'll all be missing the DCA 1.0 days when you had it all to yourself.
    When did you get a chance to ride it, Cohete?

So...it's a better ride than Transformers?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    The train scene in RSR is different. The train is supposed to be come from the right side. you see the light behind the corner but turn instead. There aren't train lights heading directly towards you.
    Its the same trick. Just because the train lights were moved to the sides doesn't change it. If it was in the movie, I don't remember it.

I had the opportunity to ride on Monday. This was an AMAZING attraction! Can't wait to get back to the resort and ride again!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I'm going based on what I was taught and told by my trainer. I know weight is a factor because we've had downtimes where there was a brake zone intrusion due to a heavier rocket caught up to a lighter rocket because (unfortunately) the CM did not give a large enough gap to the rockets when they launched. I'm inclined to believe it because I have seen what happens if you disregard weight for Space.

...as i see it
    Interesting. I wonder if the weight gives it more speed going back up the hill due to momentum. I forgot all my physics. Maybe its maximum velocity that will no be effected. I've researched it on the internet and it seems to not have a defninitive answer, but by your example the weight does effect the overall speed, if not the maximum speed. Although would not gravity pull back on the heavier car when it goes back up the hill? Also friction on he heavier car would seem to slow i? Maybe the lighter car was the one that caused the zone intrusion?

My expectations are now unreasonably high. This can never turn out good

•   

Mine were, too. Then Racers surpassed them.

• I'm the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    That is my concern that it will go the way of Indiana Jones. Things will consistently break and stay broken for quite some time.
    Pixar made a Deal with Disney stating that every 20 mins a CM must show check the attraction to make sure all the show elements are working. Its great cause the cast members will be able to catch the problems and get maintenance to come out and reset the figures. On the other hand this will cause a downtime for the Attraction. At least problems will be caught and hopefully fixed.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Its the same trick. Just because the train lights were moved to the sides doesn't change it. If it was in the movie, I don't remember it.
    After Lightning McQueen falls out of Mac and is lost in the Darkness of the desert he speeds along a rode and see's a train coming, thinking he see's Mac he floors it and barely makes it across the train tracks. I take it this is the effect that they are trying to recreate
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• HYDRA

Any one know how many ride vehicles there are

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Any one know how many ride vehicles there are
    Well if we look at Test Track, that has 29 Cars. I believe that RSR has more. The information is out there somewhere. There was a picture of the first few cars arriving with a caption stating how many there were total somewhere.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    When did you get a chance to ride it, Cohete?

So...it's a better ride than Transformers?

I've ridden it 4 times now and I don't want to say it's "better" than Transformers but I can just flat out say that I love Radiator Springs Racers waaay more than Transformers which I have ridden 6 times.

I was really impressed with Transformers and thought it was super fun. But being a 3D movie attraction can only take you so far. What they've presented in CARS LAND is as real as Big Thunder Mountain and you can't help but fall in love.

I definitely don't want to raise the bar in expectations for you guys. Just think classic Disney and have fun with it.

I even like Star Tours more than Transformers because of the queue and the variety of trips you can take. And animatronic C-3PO really helps sell it. No animatronics in Transformers Ride is really disappointing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Thanks, Cohete. I remember some people in another thread predicting that Transformers would be the star ride opening this year, and I asked "why are you writing off RSR?" Glad to be proven right -- although I'm really looking forward to riding both.

About the maintenance issues, it's time Disney dropped their "run it 'til it breaks" habits, in favor of more frequent refurbs. More diligent maintenance would result in better show quality, and would probably even cost them less in the long run.

Obviously, RSR is a marquee attraction. I don't think they want it to end up like Indy, somewhere down the line.

P.S.; Anyone know the final price tag of this attraction? Just curious.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Hate all of you. All this info just caused me to purchase 4 tickets for this Saturday night. Its for a good cause is what I'll keep telling myself. Was only going to do two tickets, but my wife said we had to bring the kids as well. Crazy, taking kids to DL and DCA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast