Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Angry Disney Costume Policy

oh no, why are they so mean to her. Tinkerbell teen told to change at Disney - UPI.com
    If they got let in the Hollywood Studios but not the Animal Kingdom, I dont understand. I mean I don't even think tink is in Animal Kingdom.
    Honestly, I've seen guest that looked like characters before and they got in. I've seen The little Mermaid, a Pirate, and Santa at DLR and wern't turned away.

• Still Dizzy

Re: Disney Costume Policy

Whoever let her into Hollywood Studios screwed up and she should have been stopped there.

You can't dress up as a character in the park. Just imagine the fun PR flap that Disney would have if they let this girl dressing up like tinkerbell and having little girls run up to her and she starts cursing them out or telling them they are fat, or making fun of them.

Disney cannot afford to have a bunch of costumed civilians running around the park that they can't control.

It's an awful policy, and I hate it, but is it going to change any time soon? No. The best we get is the Halloween parties, and even though that's only for a month.... it's still something. I feel bad for April, but I get why Disney has the policy, and I do think the parties serve as an "apology" to costumers.

Being mean to little girls has nothing to do with Disney's policy. I was Ursula/Vanessa for the party last year. I had little Ariels who were scared of me! But the park doesn't have a problem with that. If I signed autographs, though? I'd be in trouble.

•   
    • Minion

The rule is what it is, sadly. They're right that younger visitors might get confused, and unfortunately, there are those who might come in and deliberately try to steal focus with their costumes. It IS a threat to their brand and characters, and within the park walls they do have a right to protect those things.

It's disappointing, but at 15, I'd expect her to understand that as much as she "wants to be Tinkerbell," unless it's Halloween, the park has a right to stop her from coming in costume. She could always be Tinkerbell at one of the RunDisney races or the Halloween parties.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I watched a bride get turned away at DLR this past weekend because she was in her dress, and she couldn't comprehend why they would not let her in.

It's distracting! In her case, she was planning to take pictures in her dress. Hello!?! Causing a disturbance, much?

It's not difficult to enjoy your day in normal clothes. I know it seems like a great idea, but when you consider the logistics and the problems it poses for other guests, it makes sense.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• MaliBOOMer

I am sorry but that video made me laugh!
    She got super emotional over this. She even got free cloths so she could stay, you think it would have been a slight bummer, but dang it was like the end of the world. They were not mean to her as it says in the OP. They told her the rules and gave her FREE cloths so she could stay. Look the rules are the rules, and they accommodated her situation really well. I was surprised they give you free cloths for situations like these. I am having a hard time feeling sympathetic, she is 15 not 5.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Under that tree again!

Items not allowed in the park.

Costumes on Guests older than age 9, except during special events that permit children up to age 12 to wear costumes

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Didn't Disney recently changed their Costume policyy?? I thought I saw a thread about it here.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    It's an awful policy, and I hate it, but is it going to change any time soon?
    The policy is there to protect park patrons as well as Disney. Let's say a pedophile were to come into the park dressed in a really convincing Mickey costume. Parents would be putting their kids on Mickey's lap without knowing that there is a predator lurking under the costume thinking that it is the genuine article.

This is also why at Halloween time they are careful with what costumes get in and why those that look really close to authentic have security watching them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I just feel sad she spent so much time on her makeup, hair, and the costumes. Who the heck spends 3 hours on makeup/hair. If I was them I would of just stayed at Hollywood studios. This guessing this happens a lot where they turn away people. Which is sad. Even if you dress "too nice" you can't get in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I watched a bride get turned away at DLR this past weekend because she was in her dress, and she couldn't comprehend why they would not let her in.

It's distracting! In her case, she was planning to take pictures in her dress. Hello!?! Causing a disturbance, much?

It's not difficult to enjoy your day in normal clothes. I know it seems like a great idea, but when you consider the logistics and the problems it poses for other guests, it makes sense.
    Well, I saw a bride in full regalia, with her bridal party in full regalia, wander the park once. But they had a couple of plaids with them the whole time, so I guess you just have to book your private tour.

Name:  weddingdress.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  219.5 KB

• Insomniac

^^Yeah if you book a private tour and sign a bunch of waivers stating that you wont sue them if you trip on your dress wedding dresses can be worn. I'm sure it's too expensive and such a big hassle that very few people do it (and you might need to have connections aswell).

This is just silly. She's 15 years old for crying out loud! I see no difference between her and the 45 year old with a picture of a naked woman on his shirt. The rules are the rules and she broke them. No reason to get upset about it, they made it easy for her to still enjoy her day, but she felt entitled and that "the rules don't apply to her" like so many people these days. Quit acting like its the end of the world that Disney won't let you do whatever you want!

This sounds similar to what a WDW tour guided told me about his wife who works on the cruise ships in the wedding reservations. He said his wife was having a bad couple months because all the brides wanted to have ridiculous things happen. One wanted to have the entire top deck closed off so that they could realease floating laterns (like on tangled) off into the air around the ship. When his wife explained that it was not only logistically impossible to close they whole deck just for them but it was also illegal to release garbage into international waters, the bride freaked and tried to get her fired for not letting her get what she wanted!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Can Only Wish For More!

Japanese tourists can have weddings in the park during regular park hours.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Well, I saw a bride in full regalia, with her bridal party in full regalia, wander the park once. But they had a couple of plaids with them the whole time, so I guess you just have to book your private tour.

Name:  weddingdress.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  219.5 KB
    fun fact : theres only 1 way to get into the parks durring operating hours in a wedding dress.... at that is the japanese wedding company that disney has a contract with, that exclusivly allows there clients to get merried by plaza gardens and then get taken around via tour guide to get photos taken...

i think its stupid that not everyone can do it... but i heard its gonna cost the bride an arm lol. besides that... you book a wedding throught disney and you can have ur wedding before or after park hours... but not durring.. ive heard of couples getting merried in the parks in normal cloths and have a member of their party certified to merry them. disney security will even keep an eye on guest that have a really fancy camara and look like their doing a photo shoot,.. and kick them out

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Japanese tourists can have weddings in the park during regular park hours.
    wish i saw ur post before i posted mine lol sorry

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

They do allow you to get married over at the Disneyland Hotel and then come inside the park in your Gown and Tux to take wedding pictures - BUT they are Very Tightly Controlled. You have to use a Disney photographer, and there's a Wedding Coordinator that marches you in, sets you up for the approved shots, and then marches you right back out.

I know someone who arranged for a batch of friends with AP's to meet them inside the gates, and come along to take a few other photos not on the "Itinerary" and the Wedding Coordinator just about blew a gasket.

They still managed to sneak a few interesting pictures just by lurking inconspicuously in the shadows, and snapping pictures like crazy from a distance - The Coordinator couldn't stop it entirely without clearing the Land.

And I know this happy couple would love for me to mention their names... But A) it's against MiceChat Policy, and B) Last time I saw this "happy person" at Disneyland and tried saying hello she quite literally crossed the street to avoid me. Gee, I can take a hint...

Seems when you throw in with Al and MiceAge, you're dead to her. Fine by me.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast