Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: "Major make-over-upgrade" for Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh?

Pooh could use some help, but it serves its purpose as a kiddie ride. It certainly would make no sense in Fantasyland, and even less in Toontown (way less).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I would personally like to see the ride slightly rethemed to the latest movie. Make it about finding Eeyores Tail. Replace the pyscodelic room with the Backson song. At the end of the ride (where it is birthday party now) could be "It's you, it's you, you win the honey pot! You found his tail, on this ride... Eeyore: Now it's on my back side. You get the honey.... Enjoy!!!"
    I agree! I really enjoyed the new Winnie the Pooh movie, (which is good because my daughter watched it about 50 times) and I think at least a few additions could be made to the ride.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot619 View Post
    You could say that it being unpopular could make it a great candidate for a refurb/upgrade. 1) No one will mind much when i's close, 2)By improving it, chances are it becomes more popular.
    Not to mention it would bring more folks into Critter Country. Seems like the only people that see that area are the ones exiting Splash Mountain.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I like the idea of a Pooh-land with additional rides and the like. However the location for such a land would probably work in the Festival area where they're right there by Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Toontown. That way an E ticket can be placed in Pooh's place to get people to Critter Country and even out the balance.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Under that tree again!

Pooh will never leave it's place, unless it's going to Yesterland. Name the attractions that were moved, ones that included a track layout that moved, not a simple spinner, not a rerouting, fully moved.

Compared to the attractions in Fantasyland, Pooh, MI and TLM are all far better, advanced and what should be expected iterations of the same type of attractions built in more contemporary times. All have better moving set pieces, larger proportions of them moving, larger AAs. It is a great attraction for what it should be, it wasn't meant to be a giant E ticket.

Would it make more sense for Pooh to have been built in FL? Yeah maybe, but not at the time, bear replaced the old bears. Winnie the Pooh is and was an old character and was looking for a home, the time came when the band broke up and a new attraction was needed.

Will Pooh get a big upgrade, it's likely it will someday. It's part of a big franchise, it could be a long time before it's torn out.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Critter Country represents the backwoods of America, Pooh is English

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I say take out Hungry Bea to make room for something... I know some people like it, but again, I can't imagine too many people walk all the way back there to get food... especially since they padd through advneture/frontier/new orleans that has most of the parks food options.
    Actually the Hungry Bear is very popular during the day and has a great view to boot while you are eating. People go back there to get variety, it's not a matter of location.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Actually the Hungry Bear is very popular during the day and has a great view to boot while you are eating. People go back there to get variety, it's not a matter of location.
    i love their burgers

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

i would think a newly expanded que like the oe in florda and making the que indoors so th heat doesnt happen like in crishtiphor robins home.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

I say take out Hungry Bea to make room for something... I know some people like it, but again, I can't imagine too many people walk all the way back there to get food... especially since they padd through advneture/frontier/new orleans that has most of the parks food options.
    After waiting in line for Splash Mountain for three hours, I get pretty hungry. Don't take out Hungry Bear!

I think Pooh's lack of lines is due more to it's location than it's poor quality. That said, it's about the cheapest feeling attraction in all of DL and I highly doubt it will be upgraded in the near future. I do ride it quite often, mostly to sit down in air conditioning without waiting, but that's probably not even what Cynthia Hariss meant for it to be used for, even then.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    You're only thinking 2d - just run the service road on it's existing route as a tunnel, dip it under the show building and use the full area you want to re-route the road into, give you more space for a ride.

Alternately, run the service road up, over the show building and run the ride deep, multi-layered.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'd have to agree that Hungry Bear is actually pretty good for a theme park burger! Plus the view of the Rivers of America is awesome!

I'd go for Tokyo Disney's system for Pooh Bear. The attraction needs more added to it to make people WANT to visit. To say that it's fine the way it is... you might as well say that all Disney Parks are fine the way they are.

• "What? What?"

OK... this is a big plan, I'll try to break it down.

Remove Pooh from Disneyland.

Rename Redwood Creek Challenge to 100 Acre Wood.

Inside the 100 acre wood you have The NEW Pooh Ride. Base it off the newest film.

Inside the 100 acre wood you can also enter the theatre to Country Bears Jamboree.

Add Humphrey and other bears and the ranger to GRR.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Humphrey_Woodlore-450x304.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	21023

Rename this land.... Bear Country
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Rename this land.... Bear Country
    Now that's just crazy talk!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast