Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: First pictures from inside Radiator Springs Racers!!! Warning: Major Spoilers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    Is that the whole part of taillight caverns? Please say that there is more because that seems....lacking. Just my opinion.

As for the ride I don't understand how the progression goes, if you are driving down the main Radiator Springs Road, and then either go into Ramon's or Luigi's, where is Doc Hudson? Because how do you get from either of those building to the Racing portion of the track?

You'll find out. it'll all make sense.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Minion

Re: First pictures from inside Radiator Springs Racers!!! Warning: Major Spoilers!!!

This looks great Finally DCA has an attraction that makes you forget you are in DCA. Currently there are maybe 3 attractions that can achieve this. GRR and ToT, and TLM in my opinion. I love California Screaming as a ride but a disney attraction blahhhhhhville for me. The Whole PP area for me just stinks but that's just my opinion of course. We need more attractions with these details!!!!

Currently there are maybe 3 attractions that can achieve this. GRR and ToT, and TLM in my opinion.
    Not Soarin?

• "What? What?"

I hate myself for looking... but I did...

I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKEND!
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Future Indy Castmember

As Buzz would say: Great Glittering Galaxies!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Resident of the Caldera

These photos were first posted in Ricky Brigante's Inside the Magic website.

Am I crazy, or is it totally screwy to have the entire town of Radiator Springs duplicated twice in the land, once inside the ride and once outside the ride. I think it's nuts--can anyone come up with another example of this? It would be like walking through a duplicate of the Pirate town from Pirates of the Caribbean instead of New Orleans square before entering the ride.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Medd63 View Post
    Not Soarin?
    Soarin oh my yes my second favorite attraction lol in DCA that is! and if anyone wanted to know the Haunted Mansion is my #1 for the whole resort

This ride is going to be legendary!

• formerly very helpful

I don't mind that I looked, since I know that being there in person will be a totally different experience, that a photo can't capture. That said, it looks awesome. That is the kind of detail and care that DCA, and all of Disneyland needs! Give us more!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post

Am I crazy, or is it totally screwy to have the entire town of Radiator Springs duplicated twice in the land, once inside the ride and once outside the ride. I think it's nuts--can anyone come up with another example of this? It would be like walking through a duplicate of the Pirate town from Pirates of the Caribbean instead of New Orleans square before entering the ride.
    Seeing DL at the end of Soarin' is kind of similar. I guess it's kind of strange, but I can also see how it can work. I think that because the route is windy and everything is so realistic people will quite easily suspend any disbelief and feel like they just drove back into town. At least that seems to be the impression so far.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Seeing DL at the end of Soarin' is kind of similar. I guess it's kind of strange, but I can also see how it can work. I think that because the route is windy and everything is so realistic people will quite easily suspend any disbelief and feel like they just drove back into town. At least that seems to be the impression so far.
    It certainly didn't bother me at all! By the time you wait in the que and all you feel very distanced from that already, it's just like pulling back into town.

• Banned User

I dont get the anti=TLM ride. I cant think of many other D-ticket attractions that top it at any stateside Disney park. It is defintely superior to any fantasyland style dark ride that I can think of. Im a 40 year old guy and me, my wife and my kids thought it was great. I have a feeling that this is another one of those attractions that will be appreciated MUCH more in Orlando, although I think it will be appreciated at DLR as time goes by.

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post

I have been wondering this too... I am sure once we go on we don't care about it. But standing back and looking at the whole picture it is strange. If the chirstmas overlay happens it will be odd too since the two towns won't match. Oh well...

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I dont get the anti=TLM ride. I cant think of many other D-ticket attractions that top it at any stateside Disney park. It is defintely superior to any fantasyland style dark ride that I can think of. Im a 40 year old guy and me, my wife and my kids thought it was great. I have a feeling that this is another one of those attractions that will be appreciated MUCH more in Orlando, although I think it will be appreciated at DLR as time goes by.
    I don't get it either. It's much better then a lot of dark rides, and has ompressive effects. I don't see poeple complaing about seeing the foor tiles on small world, or even the floor for that matter, or the lights in parts of pirates, or seeing into the next room from some rooms of other dark rides... I guess it's just the 2012 world we live in where you can nit pick anything because you have a voice online.

Anyway, I love it. I think it is awesome, a lot of fun, nice to have a short line, and actually completed a empty feeling space.

Now.... CHANGE TRITONS BEARD AND HAIR TO PLASTIC LIKE THE OTHER AA!!!!!

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Medd63 View Post
    Not Soarin?
    I've never gotten into that ride. Neither has anyone that I've brought to the park. =/

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I've never gotten into that ride. Neither has anyone that I've brought to the park. =/
    I am so/so on the ride, but everyone I have taken to the park is obsessed. THey all say it's the favorite ride. It's just Ok for me, only a FP ride, I wouldn't wait in line for it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast