Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: First pictures from inside Radiator Springs Racers!!! Warning: Major Spoilers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I am so/so on the ride, but everyone I have taken to the park is obsessed. THey all say it's the favorite ride. It's just Ok for me, only a FP ride, I wouldn't wait in line for it.
    Oh yes I definitely couldn't ride it if it wasn't for fastpass.
    I think I just bring bad luck to the ride whenever we ride lol

• Toad Hall

Re: First pictures from inside Radiator Springs Racers!!! Warning: Major Spoilers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I love soarin but this ride looks like the new must ride everytime i go now. I know where i will be going first to get a FP
    <font size=4> </font>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I've been on this ride several times now, and I can tell you these pictures capture the dark ride portion nicely.

I haven't spoken publicly about my rides on Racers because I wanted people to be surprised by how good the indoor dark ride portion is. But now that Disney is releasing photos, I will say that Radiator Springs Racers is ONE OF THE BEST RIDES DISNEY HAS EVER DONE ANYWHERE.

It's instantly one of the best rides in Anaheim, up there with Indy and Pirates and Splash Mt. But it's also one of the best rides Disney has going anywhere. It's just got it all; great showmanship, huge amounts of charm and wit, and fun thrills in a stunning environment.

When you are inside Cars Land you are transported far from Anaheim. And when you are on Radiator Springs Racers, you seem to be transported to a fantastic world where the movie Cars comes to life and you are part of it all. It's truly a great, great E Ticket attraction the entire family can enjoy over and over.
    RSR, while being an enjoyable attraction, was a mixed bag for me (and probably others). I found the "dark ride" portion moved too fast. Due to the dark, and with the focus on the huge animatronics, the backgrounds became very flat appearing. While the animatronics definitely upped the dark ride genre, I would have liked to have had the time to enjoy it more. Minor details: The slots for the animatronic vehicles were too prominent and need to be covered somehow. The curtain gimmick for Luigi's tire shop scene was pretty ineffective.

The racing portion was outstanding and doesn't need any changes. However, they DO need someone the clean the windshields every trip.

So if the inside portion of the ride takes place at night, how does this translate to the outdoor portion being in daylight?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    So if the inside portion of the ride takes place at night, how does this translate to the outdoor portion being in daylight?
    In much the same way as going from daylight into the nighttime bayou on Pirates, night to daytime Zipadeedooda on Splash, Nighttime graveyard to daylight up the speed ramp on HM, daylit lobby to nighttime rain Storn outside library windows on ToT, then there's all the differences on the FL dark rides

• Banned User

The above post was by far the most negative post i have seen on any site about RSR. The overal reviews have been fantastic. Can't please everybody, no matter what you build.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Obviously they are pulling an all nighter. As you are prepping to begin the race, the sun comes out. You then race in daylight. If you ride it at night, then of course you raced that same night.

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    RSR, while being an enjoyable attraction, was a mixed bag for me (and probably others). I found the "dark ride" portion moved too fast. Due to the dark, and with the focus on the huge animatronics, the backgrounds became very flat appearing. While the animatronics definitely upped the dark ride genre, I would have liked to have had the time to enjoy it more. Minor details: The slots for the animatronic vehicles were too prominent and need to be covered somehow. The curtain gimmick for Luigi's tire shop scene was pretty ineffective.
    Indiana Jones is like that, moves quick through most of the attraction. Guess what, just means I need to reride to see things I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    In much the same way as going from daylight into the nighttime bayou on Pirates, night to daytime Zipadeedooda on Splash, Nighttime graveyard to daylight up the speed ramp on HM, daylit lobby to nighttime rain Storn outside library windows on ToT, then there's all the differences on the FL dark rides
    Oh okay. I was just wondering if it worked well

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I dont get the anti=TLM ride. I cant think of many other D-ticket attractions that top it at any stateside Disney park. It is defintely superior to any fantasyland style dark ride that I can think of. Im a 40 year old guy and me, my wife and my kids thought it was great. I have a feeling that this is another one of those attractions that will be appreciated MUCH more in Orlando, although I think it will be appreciated at DLR as time goes by.
    the disney standards for dark room rides is so high now though. i mean look at toy story, or astroblasters when they first opened up in wdw, or (sniff sniff) the AWESOME winnie the pooh ride and awesome monsters ride in tokyo disneyland? constrast that to the underwhelming stuff we've gotten in dca (winnie the pooh, monsters inc, and now tlm). all are good rides, but they don't break any new ground, are typical dark room rides that disney has been pumping out for the past 50 years. in fact a ranking of dark room rides among fans would probably have monsters and winnie at the bottom while tlm would rank in the middle, behind peter pan, pirates, toy story, small world, and haunted.

• Banned User

Pirates and Mansion are e-tickets, and Toy Story is a totally different dark ride with no sets or characters. Basically a video game ride. Pan, while good, would rate very high partly because of nostalgia. TLM was suposed to be a classic fairytale, fantasyland style dark ride. It was never built up to be an e-ticket. It serves its purpose very well and is ,IMHO, a realy good attraction and exactly the kind of attraction DCA needed.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 07:56 AM ----------

Also, I would put Monsters on par with any darkride in Fantasyland. But thats just me.

Pirates and Mansion are e-tickets, and Toy Story is a totally different dark ride with no sets or characters. Basically a video game ride. Pan, while good, would rate very high partly because of nostalgia. TLM was suposed to be a classic fairytale, fantasyland style dark ride. It was never built up to be an e-ticket. It serves its purpose very well and is ,IMHO, a realy good attraction and exactly the kind of attraction DCA needed.Also, I would put Monsters on par with any darkride in Fantasyland. But thats just me.
    the whole 'e-ticket' vs 'd-ticket' debate is kind of odd to be honest since disney abandoned those decades ago and everyone invariably has their own definition of what constitutes an e-ticket ride vs d-ticket. that said ill concede toy story, but don't think it's unfair to toss pirates and mansion in the debate. also you didn't say much about the tokyo disneyland dark rides - if you haven't seen them, they are both a wonder to behold. that's the level of sophistication disney is capable of.

frankly i think the disapointment in tlm is partly because disney DID spend a lot, over 100 million is the rumor (pooh's hunt cost 130 mil for japan, but i bet if we reused it here it would be a lot cheaper since all the r&d for trackless went into that). and it takes up a HUGE footprint in the park too, it's just a little bit smaller than the haunted mansion ride structure... and it sits in the middle of the park, prime real-estate (instead of floating on the outside like many of the other rides). despite all that, it's at best a solid but not overwhelming dark room ride. and that's kind of what we expect now. our expectation levels are (perhaps unfairly) high. even as a fantasyland style dark room ride, it's only good, and unliek those rides, doesn't have 40+ years of nostalgia built in.

everyone's opinion of rides is diff, and while i think both are decent rides and enjoy both, the only thing that matters is ride level and line length to gauge a ride's true popularity. monsters inc has the smallest lines anywhere (its location does suck, but still), and tlm after just a year is already a 5 min wait or less for large parts of the day. contrast that to peter pan (popular because it flies, not cuz of nostalgia imo) at 30 mins, alice at 20 mins, toy story a consistent 45 min wait, astroblasters at 25 mins, mr toad's at 20 mins+.

if anyone here has been to tokyo disneyland, you will understand what i mean by how good their dark room versions are, while we got stuck with our monsters inc and winnie the pooh. just because you are a dark ride, doesn't mean you can't do something spectacular. imagine a tlm ride using trackless, or was interactive in someway. that's what people are expecting these days.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    waiting in line isnt too bad when youre surrounded by fun people lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I hate myself for looking... but I did...

I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKEND!
    I'm STILL holding strong! Besides the pic of the car in the stagalites area (and thank you very much Jerroddragon lol) and a brief look at Red, havent seen much else. But oddly this is starting to feel like Star Tours from last year lol.

I dont get the anti=TLM ride. I cant think of many other D-ticket attractions that top it at any stateside Disney park. It is defintely superior to any fantasyland style dark ride that I can think of. Im a 40 year old guy and me, my wife and my kids thought it was great. I have a feeling that this is another one of those attractions that will be appreciated MUCH more in Orlando, although I think it will be appreciated at DLR as time goes by.
    I think it was my comment that spurred this post and if it did I apologize. I DO like TLM and I think it is a strong ride as I said and certainly one of DCAs best, no doubt. But yeah it IS missing something. I cant put my finger on it. Maybe the story just goes to fast or the sets not deep enough or you feel like you are in a building, etc I dont know and of course you are right thats basically all dark rides in FL. But as another person said it, this ride is placed in such a high level location and has such a big footprint and a lavish building I think the build up is what creates that expectation. I DO think they thought what was inside equalled it too but I dont think many feel that way.

And yes, the ridiculous hype for it. People been talking about a Mermaid ride litterally since the movie came out and it was ALWAYS a big what if. When DLP was suppose to get it and that now infamous CGI ride through appeared it peeked peoples interest more. And I remember when they revealed what was coming in DCA 2.0 and people were definitely interested in BVS, EVERYONE was split on CL and things like WOC sounded great but not much to go on until later, but it was having a Mermaid ride that was universally praised! THAT got people the most excited than anything else (although many question its location, they loved the idea of having it).

And so all that hype and waiting (I dont mean 4 years, I mean about 20) and after they finally got it, yeah the balloon deflated a little because instead of this super advanced E ticket had in their minds (even when there was a model for a whole year showing what would be in the ride) they felt dissappointed when it was a well done dark ride and NOT a HM style ride people kept thinking it would be for years. Just go back to the posts about a year before opening, people were comparing it CONSTANTLY to HM or POTC and not to things like Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, etc.

So end of the day, it is part expectation, part build up and part of the problems of the ride itself that kind of turn it into a big thud for some. But yes, it IS a good ride and certainly one of the best in DCA. I think people just wanted it to be the ride the way everyone is howling about RSR and be THE ride to do in the park and not just one of the fun ones to kill a bit of time or something your kids love to do. That seems to be the paroblem.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-08-2012 at 01:44 AM.

That has got to be the best explanation about TLM that I have seen so far on this forum. I also love the mermaid and I am thankful that DCA made such a dark ride. However I hope no more discussion is on the TLM since this thread is about something else entirely.

I'm so glad to see the cars! Red was at D23. He's my favorite car. I love that big 'ol guy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast