Cars Land Strategies

So I was wondering what people's strategies for the crowds CL this summer are. Some things to think about: How early should you line up? What days are AP morning hours so they can be avoided? Ride RSR first then fastpasses or vice versa? How many fastpasses do you think one can get?

I was hoping to line up 45 min before opening on a non magic morning day, get a fastpass since most people wont instantly be able to find the machines, get on the ride, then tool around CL and BVS until fastpass is ready.

What are your guys' strategies?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: Cars Land Strategies

My strategy is to come in October! lol. Worked for Ariel's ride last year. We walked on and rode twice.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I plan to get to DCA at 3-4 am get a fastpass then run to dl to ride the new and improved Matterhorn on the 15th
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    So I was wondering what people's strategies for the crowds CL this summer are. Some things to think about: How early should you line up? What days are AP morning hours so they can be avoided? Ride RSR first then fastpasses or vice versa? How many fastpasses do you think one can get?

I was hoping to line up 45 min before opening on a non magic morning day, get a fastpass since most people wont instantly be able to find the machines, get on the ride, then tool around CL and BVS until fastpass is ready.

What are your guys' strategies?
    Thanks for asking this....I think I'm going to ask it again in early July once a few have been and experienced it all. In my head...we will all get there early and go straight to this ride, while one adult goes and gets fastpasses for the ride so we can ride it again.

•   
    • Minion

I have one strategy to enjoy it and not rush. I am not too worried abotu tryig to experience everything when I am there next week I go enough to where I will have stuff to discover next time.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Get to DCA when it opens....get a FP then go ride Cars Racers...then go enjoy toy Story depending on the crowds....then go over to Disneyland

• Minion

We're not going until the end of July, so a lot of our strategy will be dependent on how fast the Fastpasses run out. If they are gone in less than 2 hours, we will probably just ride first and get one for the evening after we ride (I'd prefer an evening FP to a daytime one). Maybe grab a ToT or Soarin' FP in the meantime as the next FP will probably only be about an hour. If they aren't running out until 11 or so, we'll grab one, ride it, and grab another one around 10:30. We do have the AP early entry on the 2nd day of our trip, so that will be a bonus.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I could be wrong but my guess is the ride will lose FP before 4 PM...heck i said im surprise it it went past 2 for this summer

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    The FastPass machines for RSR aren't going to be out of the way and hidden like the World of Color machines. That are on the "main drag" so to speak. If you know Cars Land is in the back of the park, then you're going to walk right by the FastPass machines to get to Cars Land. This is making me think there's not going to be the "home team" advantage over tourists like there usually is.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Sock Puppet

My personal strategy is to come after Labor Day. Just sayin'...

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

does anyone know if any of the attractions in Carsland will have child swap?

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Carthay View Post
    My personal strategy is to come after Labor Day. Just sayin'...
    Exactly. It's going to be so dead in that lull between the summer ending and Halloween starting.

Although, I will say that RSR should be a single riders dream come true. Hardly anyone travels in threes. So each vehicle on the track has the potential for 2 single riders. JACKPOT!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".