Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

MC Magic/Kindness Challange

I keep reading these posts by people talking about the deporable acts of guests, the sad over worked CM's and the rampant rudeness that permiates the park during these over crowded days at the parks...so I have a challange to my fellow MiceChatters!

For 2006 anytime you visit a park, make an effort to do something to at least one guest and one CM that will completly enhance their experiance in the park.

I guess I didn't even think about it but I naturally talk to the people in line around me, especially young children and i play into the story and theme of a ride and try to never let on that it just "a ride."

This all stems from going with some friends yesterday who all commented that I would react to people and rides and things more than most kids and act like it was a fresh experiance everytime despite having been on these rides dozens upon dozens of times.

So here is the rub:

*Try talking to other riders, maybe explain the history of the ride you are on.

*Encourage guests to check out smaller, lesser known rides.

*Talk to CM's and thank them or take the time to ask them how they are "really doing"

If enough of our fellow MiceChatters could "pass it on" each time we visited the parks we could really do something posistive and share our stories and maybe just maybe people would take notice of those wacky do-gooder MiceChatters.

Re: MC Magic/Kindness Challange

Amen to that! haha everytime I go to the park, i try to be as nice and polite as possible to the cm's as possible. and SURPRISE when you ARE nice to them they're nice to you back!!! hahha And usually, while I'm waiting for fireworks i'll engage in LONG conservations with the person next door! it's quite fun sometimes though when I'm walking around the park and i hear people who can't find their way or are planning something and they don't know how disneyland REALLY works...I want to intervene but then that's sort of evesdropping...isn't it? hahah
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Long live the Fire Lord

That's awesome! We also try to stop by City Hall and complinet a CM everytime we go.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

If you see someone looking at the park map and they look lost, ask them what they are looking for and help them out. It will definatly make someones day.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Give other guests your un-needed FastPasses!

I have done this a couple of times and people are VERY thankful!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• I'm your huckleberry.

What wonderful ideas!!!

My daughter and I always make a point of giving at least one complement at City Hall to a CM each trip. She really gets into it, and writes their name and location down in her POTC notebook so we can remember who gets the compliment.

Little things like this just really make someone's day!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

I like to complement the CMs that don't normally get good guest feedback - like thanking those cleaning the restrooms for their efforts, that I've NEVER been in a Disney bathroom anywhere that didn't have toilet paper and paper towels, etc. It really helps their day, and I always feel better to.

You will always find good if you just look for it.....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney
    Give other guests your un-needed FastPasses!
    Oh this is a good one, I love the surprised reaction...especially when I am on the receiving and I stand there in disbelief!

• Senior Minion

I love this! I have given compliments for CM'S that have done something unexpected or really showed true passion for what they do. I love the ideas!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman
    That's awesome! We also try to stop by City Hall and complinet a CM everytime we go.
    We always do this too. We sometimes have to jot down the name--due to some creative ones throughout the park, but as we exit, we hit City Hall and make sure each one gets a quick note.

This is a great idea ah shucks.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• No Longer The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Oh this is a good one, I love the surprised reaction...especially when I am on the receiving and I stand there in disbelief!
    That is a great idea about the Fast Passes. The funny part is I've given away unneeded coupons (free admissions!) to other parks and only once have gotten a great reaction. Most of the time people act dumbfounded or think that I am pulling a fast one.

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Usually when my mom and I have a fastpass we cant use or we are going home and they ride broke down then we will give it to someone.

The most touching moment ever was when my mom gave a family w/ a kid in a wheelchair our fasspasses because Space Mountain broke down and we were about to go home and the kid started crying from happiness because they didnt think they would have enough time to wait in line after getting him out of the wheelchair

What a great idea! I think most of us here try to be nice, anyway, but to make a special effort at it sounds like a good thing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• șoș Tom șoș

So from here on out if and when you either make someone's day or someone does something for you that makes your trip, come here to this thread and share your story.

Also I haven't gone out of my way to visit City Hall before and I am sure there are others who have never gone through the effort of giving formal compliments about a CM to the managment, came someone explain the process or give us tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast