Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd Park

Re: 3rd Park

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    just build WestCOT
    I don't know, do you really think the whole utopian scientific futurism thing is a big draw these days? I think they'd get a bigger pull by going traditional/fantasy adventure, heavy on the rides.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    just build WestCOT
    The problem now with a park (or land, ie Tomorrowland) based on the future or even current technology is that it is quickly outpaced.

• Sock Puppet

The Westcot idea is nice, but I'm wondering how good it would hold up before they start replacing the futuristic rides with character based rides. Lets face it, with tomorrowland as a good example, the future idea isn't one that can hold up over time. They will end up having to spend almost DCA type of money every couple decades or so. I think they should build a Disney Studios type park. Not a copy, but inspired by it. With new ideas and new rides. I don't think anyone wants a copy of another park. I'll brew with this idea and get back to everyone on this.

• "What? What?"

Disney Nature Park (5 Lands, no live animals)

The Serengeti
    - The Lion King Ride (Huge Dark Ride)
    - Timon And Pumba's Wild Ride (Smaller Dark Ride)
    - Timon and Pumba's Grubs (Food Service) (Connected to the dark ride)
    Jungle Land
    - Jungle Cruise 2.0 (Attraction, close down original)
    - King Luie's Ruins (Food Service, rain forrest cafe style)
    - Monkey Habitat (Audio Animitronic Zoo)
    Enchanted Forest
    - Forest Adventure (Log Ride Flume, ride a fallen log through a forest river and encounter audio animitronic animals)
    - Pocohontas - (Stage Show, broadway style like Aladin) (Theatre will be used for Disney Nature Premiers)
    - Adventures Through Inner Plants (Dark ride where you shrink in size to see what makes up plant life)
    - Wanted: Robin Hood (Smaller dark ride)
    Disneyland Seas (This "land" is all on water)
    - Underwater Cafe (Food Service, completely underwater)
    - Water Pageant (Parade)
    - Artic Mountain (Matterhorn Style Ride, goes through land and water)
    - Lost Island (Dark Ride, on an island themed to Lost)
    - Whatever they have planned for this...
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    Would they open a 3rd gate before thy had control of the Gardenwalk Property? It's really the same thing as Citywalk for USH and I can't believe the WDC would allow a 3rd party to funnel guests from Pumba to the esplanade for the 3rd Gate.

Did anything ever come from the bidding for GW in Feb 2012?

I am wondering what the status of GW is. Certainly the business aspect has not improved, to my knowlege. I don't think it salvaged itself and didn't require the auction at the last moment.

Just speculation but I wonder if Disney bought it, or at least secured the rights to buy it in the future. And there is a nondiclosure agreement keeping it quiet until actual property changes hands.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The biggest problem with a park built on franchise based is what you see with Islands of Adventure. There is not much that can be done to expand and grow the park. It is not often that a brand is going to resurge like Marvel has since the 1990s. So you either have to come up with something new for an older franchise, rip out chunks of lands, like was done to Lost Continent for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, or just ignore the disconnect between franchise land and different franchise (most likely) attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    The problem now with a park (or land, ie Tomorrowland) based on the future or even current technology is that it is quickly outpaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    The Westcot idea is nice, but I'm wondering how good it would hold up before they start replacing the futuristic rides with character based rides. Lets face it, with tomorrowland as a good example, the future idea isn't one that can hold up over time. They will end up having to spend almost DCA type of money every couple decades or so. I think they should build a Disney Studios type park. Not a copy, but inspired by it. With new ideas and new rides. I don't think anyone wants a copy of another park. I'll brew with this idea and get back to everyone on this.
    WestCOT already dealt with this issue by focussing much more on Four Corners of the World, the park's version of World Showcase. Four Corners of the World also would [unfortunately] be much more compatible with franchises. The emphasis on geographic regions instead of political ones means that you now have the entire world is represented and most films take place somewhere on earth.

• Minion

People are talking about land and Gardenwalk, but is it possible for Disney to build something farther away? I mean, WDW is pretty spaced apart and if it was something themed to Marvel or something so far off from the classic/stereotypical Disney characters, I wouldn't mind there being some travel time between the parks.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

OLC prohibits from american disney parks to copy rides from Tokyo Disney
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    Disney Nature Park (5 Lands, no live animals)

The Serengeti
    - The Lion King Ride (Huge Dark Ride)
    - Timon And Pumba's Wild Ride (Smaller Dark Ride)
    - Timon and Pumba's Grubs (Food Service) (Connected to the dark ride)
    Jungle Land
    - Jungle Cruise 2.0 (Attraction, close down original)
    - King Luie's Ruins (Food Service, rain forrest cafe style)
    - Monkey Habitat (Audio Animitronic Zoo)
    Enchanted Forest
    - Forest Adventure (Log Ride Flume, ride a fallen log through a forest river and encounter audio animitronic animals)
    - Pocohontas - (Stage Show, broadway style like Aladin) (Theatre will be used for Disney Nature Premiers)
    - Adventures Through Inner Plants (Dark ride where you shrink in size to see what makes up plant life)
    - Wanted: Robin Hood (Smaller dark ride)
    Disneyland Seas (This "land" is all on water)
    - Underwater Cafe (Food Service, completely underwater)
    - Water Pageant (Parade)
    - Artic Mountain (Matterhorn Style Ride, goes through land and water)
    - Lost Island (Dark Ride, on an island themed to Lost)
    - Whatever they have planned for this...
    Love this idea!
    We all know they promote Disney princesses, but imo Disney animals are where it is at. They could promote them to their fullest extent unlike anything they have done before by having a park unlike any other Disney park! Disney animals are loved by a bigger base of guests (e.g. no matter if you are male or female or young or old).
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Element of Laughter

One idea I had for a potential 3rd gate is a "Disneyland Museum" type park, half of which would be sort of a real life Yesterland, with recreations of bygone attractions. They could even use input from the public on planning, by having people vote on what attractions they would like to see(I vote for Adventure Thru Inner Space, the original 1967 version of Carousel of Progress, and America Sings). The other half would be themed to "the Disneyland that never was", with attractions that were never built(I know it was originally designed for WDW, but from what I've seen, I would love to see Western River Expedition).
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

The 3rd park as described by the OP is my worst nightmare.

I thought I'd share that with you all.

On a different note, I think a 3rd park could succeed - if only it was based on something NOT franchised Disney, like DisneySea, Animal Kingdom, or EPCOT. I mean, I think parts of DCA are in line with this ideal - the Golden State tri-area incorporating Condor Flats, Grizzly Peak, and Pacific Wharf - and Hollywoodland to an extent, and of course now BVS. But I'm talking about a fully immersive park with individual lands without a single one being based on a pre-existing film, comic, or video game. A land being inspired by a classic novel is okay. Especially if that novel is by Jules Verne.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

They already built the third gate , it's called the toystory parking lot. It's only got 2 rides thoe and it costs $15. First you get greeted by a cast member that acquires the $15 then you pull way to boldly go to your designated spot but the adventure dosnt end there next you take a short walk to a bus for yet another fun adventure that ends at the happiest place on earth... I know it's a little pricee but look where you end up! I think it will be awhile before we see a better third gate sorry to say. The first thing they need to do is build that 8 story parking structure in the pumba lot
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

I would like to see expansion *inside* Disneyland before any more money gets thrown around elsewhere. Lately there have been a lot of touch-ups and repairs (Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Star Tours, Submarines) but not a whole lot of truly new experiences.

I think a good theme would be "Heroes vs. Villains." It is a loose-theme, and thus could include all sorts of areas, with the park perhaps split in half between the Heroes and the Villains? In the center of the park you could have a giant Heroes vs. Villains show space. It could include Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney properties/areas. I could imagine Disney using pieces of unbuilt lands, like the Mythological Animals area planned for but never built for Animal Kingdom (and perhaps that Fantasia ride designed but never built). Cheers.

How about a marvel themed park and would be seeable because bob iger announced a ride with marvel but i think that's not all for marvel.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12