Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Park

Talking 3rd Park

I think that with the overwhelming crowds now common almost every day at Disneyland, a 3rd park would be great! It would help disburse the crowds and expand the Disneyland Resort.

In my dream world the 3rd park would have themed lands with unique attractions like Disneyland, but if it had to have lands themed to entire movies (which seems to be Disney's new strategy Ex: A Bug's Land, Cars Land etc.) then I think it would be neat to have a park themed to classic animated movies. Imagine an Aladdin Land, Little Mermaid Land, Sleeping Beauty land, Lion King Land etc. I also think that a Star Wars land would be the ultimate in cool and way more capable of competing against the soon to be Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Also, in my dream world, the new third park is connected by Monorail to Disneyland, ( I love the monorail and would love to see it expanded). I would also include Disney buying up Garden Walk and building some cool value resorts. The current Disney resorts are beautiful but are out of most people's price ranges in this economy.

Your thoughts?

Re: 3rd Park

A 3rd park could also bring 50% more people to the resort and leave everything just as crowded.

^ Well they could always build it like DCA: A pain to get around but handles crowds fantastically. The circular layout and wide paths do wonders.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

i think the westcot idea they were gonna do before they cheaped out would be great. maybe less on 'futureland' but the world's pavilion is really cool and my fav part of wdw. they could expand that out even bigger, with a lake in the middle similar to wdw. every 'countryland' is bigger (some may be sponsored by the countries too, which is true for 1 or 2 countries in epcot) too, with matching disneyland rides reflecting that country! in fact, since all the lands revolve around the lake, you could copy a lot from disneysea to save even more on r&d.

e.g.
    mexico -> three cabelleros ride
    china -> mulan's dragon coaster or whatever
    japan -> no clue, maybe stick in a disneysea ride
    france -> beauty and the beast ride
    canada -> igloo ride (ha ha jk)
    usa -> hall of pres, maybe a pricess frog dark room ride
    norway -> better version of the norway ride
    mediteranian -> just copy disneysea

just threaten the world's govts that you will butcher their culture unless they sponsor! win win ha ha ha. then disney doesn't even have to pay that much!

• Senior Minion

I really hope they don't go too far down the franchise brand for each land road. I think it will work for CL, but there's really only very few franchises that have that kind of broad appeal. Star Wars is one of them, but I don't see that happening with Star Tours already in DL and no new movies being planned for the near future. Just doesn't make that much sense to me right now. Maybe if George ever sells to Disney when he decides to retire then it would make more sense because they'd be free to tell more stories. (Off topic, but I've always wished there was a Han Solo and Chewie film.)

Anyway, if they did have a franchise based land at all, I'd hope they limited it to one or two at most. But for the overall theme, I too would prefer a unique theme with unique lands, more like DL and in many ways, DCA 2.0. I'd like to see a bit more of TDS's style in having more international feeling places as we have a lot of the US covered now in DLR. And I think a broad theme like Discovery and Adventure like TDS would enable them to use a lot of franchises that don't fit well in DLR now.

There's a lot a good properties that don't fit well in the current limitations of the lands of DLR. There's really a ton of films that I think could fit well together and blend well with a variety of original attractions as well. For families you could include Mary Poppins, Sword and the Stone, Bed-knobs and Broomsticks, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Robin Hood, Hunchback, Aladdin, Mulan, Jungle Book and many others. For adults you could mix in some Marvel some other classic films
    and a few original E-tickets and you'd have a great park.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

The third theme park will not be built until California adventure brings in at least what Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios do which is around 9 million a year. currently California Adventure only brings in around 6.2 million. I dont foresee talks about third theme park happening until at least after 2015 which is disneylands 60th.

• -

With the current parkig situation, a third park will only bring more people to the area and create more of a problem. They need to have the support infrastructure in place first (parking, transportation, lodging...) and then begin to talk about a third gate.

However if they do decide to put one in, my vote would be for a Marvel theme. There are so many different lands that could be created out of that universe alone.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    The third theme park will not be built until California adventure brings in at least what Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios do which is around 9 million a year. currently California Adventure only brings in around 6.2 million. I dont foresee talks about third theme park happening until at least after 2015 which is disneylands 60th.
    Talks about a third gate have been going on since the '80's. It won't break ground until after 2015, but they've been planning this for a long time. It's part of the Anaheim Resort Master Plan.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I also think a park dedicated to "adventure" "discovery" and "exploration" would be great. I'd love to see jungles, Ancient greece, China, Japan, all represented in a theme park.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Would they open a 3rd gate before thy had control of the Gardenwalk Property? It's really the same thing as Citywalk for USH and I can't believe the WDC would allow a 3rd party to funnel guests from Pumba to the esplanade for the 3rd Gate.

Did anything ever come from the bidding for GW in Feb 2012?

•   
    • Minion

I wouldn't mind a studios type of theme park like IOA at Universal Orlando. As I have said many times in other posts I would love to see Halloweentown brought to life in such a park. A Tron Area, Star Wars ( I would take Star Tours out of Disneyland and move the academy training as well) Marvel area, a princess area... Really Let movies flourish in this park. it's kind of too late for this type of park with the edition of several movie inspired areas being introduced into DCA and DL especially Carsland this could have existed in a studios park just fine as well.

My idea for a 3rd park at this time is I have no idea what they could make to make it different than the other two current parks. You could say Animal Kingdom but I hardly think a park like that would fit in the area and a Waterpark seems like a waste of space for a 3rd gate but it would do well probably. One idea I have had in my head would be a circular theme park that was based of the 7 continents. All connected by a hub with a earth that rotated. I have visions in my head but I can't draw worth a damn lol

I still think they need to not worry about a 3rd gate until DCA gains attendence which probably means they need a phase 2. Also DL needs some work. Tomorrowland being the obvious one and a expansion to Frontierland or Fantasyland.

I feel like well see a Paradise Pier reimagining, and two new resort hotels, new parking structures well before a third park.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I still think they need to not worry about a 3rd gate until DCA gains attendence which probably means they need a phase 2. Also DL needs some work. Tomorrowland being the obvious one and a expansion to Frontierland or Fantasyland.
    But even if the 3rd gate doesn't break ground for years they still need to be mindful of what types of attractions would go into that park when planning for the additions to DL and DCA. For instance, if the 3rd gate would have a large Marvel component they will probably want to keep the Marvel presence in the existing parks down to a minimum in order to save those ideas for the 3rd gate.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I wouldn't mind a studios type of theme park like IOA at Universal Orlando. As I have said many times in other posts I would love to see Halloweentown brought to life in such a park. A Tron Area, Star Wars ( I would take Star Tours out of Disneyland and move the academy training as well) Marvel area, a princess area... Really Let movies flourish in this park. it's kind of too late for this type of park with the edition of several movie inspired areas being introduced into DCA and DL especially Carsland this could have existed in a studios park just fine as well.

My idea for a 3rd park at this time is I have no idea what they could make to make it different than the other two current parks. You could say Animal Kingdom but I hardly think a park like that would fit in the area and a Waterpark seems like a waste of space for a 3rd gate but it would do well probably. One idea I have had in my head would be a circular theme park that was based of the 7 continents. All connected by a hub with a earth that rotated. I have visions in my head but I can't draw worth a damn lol

Oh, I've thought of doing the "Disneyland World Adventure" continent thing for a new park. But I thought the way to do it is a variation on the Epcot world fair countries thing. Instead of countries, you'd do the four major (non-U.S.) continents - Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa. You'd have the shops & streets at each one for the land's entrance, then at least 4-5 rides and major attractions that are set on that continent, either in the past or contemporary. Lots of room this way for both familiar old Disney properties as well as imaginative new ones.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

just build WestCOT

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast