View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

10 8.70%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

40 34.78%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

25 21.74%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

20 17.39%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

17 14.78%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 15 minutes

46 40.00%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 15 - 30 minues

31 26.96%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 45 minutes

16 13.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 45 - 60 minutes

10 8.70%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 60 minutes

4 3.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

Seems like the average opinion of this isn't as negative as I thought. While there seems to be a lot of flaws in the system, the ride is visually pleasing and most people seem to be having a good time on the ride itself even if it is through trying to figure it out!
    Luigi's Flying Tires at Cars Land - YouTube

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

We had about a twenty minute wait in line, and enjoyed the indoor portion of the queue. Lots of little hidden jokes. No spoilers here, though. We were amused, and kept pointing out each one as we discovered them.

The ride, itself worked great for us. We are not lightweights, but within the first few attempts to move the vehicle, we caught on. Except for when we got boxed in by others, we moved along quite handily, having one sweep of the full length of the surface during which nobody was in our way, and we were amazed at our speed.

It's a gentle ride . . . even when you hit another vehicle at speed, the contact is not jarring. We will ride it on future visits. I do have the nostalgia of having ridden the flying saucers in my youth, but I would have to admit that I liked this ride better than its predecessor. Another minute or two of ride time would have been nice.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I'm probably alone but I actually really enjoyed the attraction. My friend I was with did as well. We went on it first thing since there was no line yet and I went in with pretty low expectations. I thought the queue both indoors and out was quite beautiful. The ride itself...well I definitely saw people basically not moving but I was determined. I didn't bother myself with any beachballs and my friend and I really got the hang of it in moving it around and directing and we had quite a blast. Really got the tire moving. I thought it was fun but maybe I was just lucky enough to really get the hang of it.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Sounds like the Rocket Rods of California Adventure. Too bad. I'll be sure to ride it as soon as possible as its only a matter of time before its closed for an "extended refurbishment."
    i was just thinking the exact same thing lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Nerd

Dusty says..."This attraction, whether you think it is fun or not, should not be open to guests in my opinion. Disney seriously needs to close this attraction and reengineer it before someone gets hurt."

This assessment might be a little over the top in my opinion, but overall the ride isn't that great. Its way too short, way too slow moving, and not very satisfying to wait for in general. But close it down? Nah....there are and will be plenty who will love it - and as far as safety goes, that is where I think Dusty could be a little bit over zealous with his comment. I don't see a safety factor here at all.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This attraction, whether you think it is fun or not, should not be open to guests in my opinion. Disney seriously needs to close this attraction and reengineer it before someone gets hurt.

That having been said, I'm sure that some of you will still find a way to love this attraction. As I said at the outset, this isn't a horrible attraction, but it is one of the weakest in the resort and likely not safe for cast or guests as it is currently operated.
    I don't want the ride shut down or anything but this is exactly why I am against such specific theming like Cars Land, Avatar Land or Bugs Land over generic theming like Tomorrowland or Hollywoodland.

When you have an unpopular/licensed/outdated attraction in Adventureland it's easy to retheme or demolish it for something more current (Replacing Aliens, Retheming to Monsters Inc, Experimenting with Mad Tea Party). Attractions within a generic land is modular. But when a theme is so specific like in BugsLand then how do you reclaim valuable space from a problematic/troublesome ride? This is exactly what can happen with Cars Land. Rather than being a few new rides in "Pixarland" then we have extremely specific rides spawned from a franchise that doesn't really lend itself to unique characters or variety (Of the Pixar catalog, is Luigi really the one who deserves his own ride). Even if CarsLand is a success for 2012, what about 2014 or 2024 or 2050? Even Ariel is having trouble keeping people interested on a brandnew ride so how is Cars going to do it when They are bound so tightly to maintaining the integrity of a franchise who's toys are more popular than its lifeless characters.

I'm not trying to put down cars exclusively, I just dont think many single franchises exist that would be so beloved that an entire land should be built for them to live for 30 years. (Maybe Star Wars could, and Cars is no Star Wars). I'm just saying that even a true classic like Toy Story would have trouble maintaining 50 years of "freshness" which is why lands should be built more generic so IF a LUigi ride goes down then it would be easy to replace it with someone people actually recognize.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Dusty says..."This attraction, whether you think it is fun or not, should not be open to guests in my opinion. Disney seriously needs to close this attraction and reengineer it before someone gets hurt."

This assessment might be a little over the top in my opinion, but overall the ride isn't that great. Its way too short, way too slow moving, and not very satisfying to wait for in general. But close it down? Nah....there are and will be plenty who will love it - and as far as safety goes, that is where I think Dusty could be a little bit over zealous with his comment. I don't see a safety factor here at all.
    To be fair, I'm not saying close it because it is slow, difficult to navigate, and has low ride survey marks. I'm saying close it and fix the safety issues. Rides with safety problems shouldn't be open to guests until they are perfected. We watched castmembers walking on the field with moving vehicles, and guest after guest stumbling out of vehicles at the end of the ride. Someone IS going to get hurt and I don't think that is OK, regardless if the ride is fun or not. This ride system is not ready for prime time.

If Disney wants to open a crappy ride, that's fine (though they open themselves up to horrible reviews). But it is never ok to intentionally open a ride with obvious and fixable safety issues.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Dusty, I saw that during CM previews and couldn't believe what I saw as well. I told my wife on how much of a disaster this is going to be not only dodging the other tires but the beach balls as well. You also have to start up the ride to push them back all the while dodging objects floating around you. I can see a ton of cast members getting hurt on this. I don't understand the beach balls. I guess it's to make in more fun but you don't really get to enjoy what the attraction is supposed to be about. Plus, it makes loading longer as people are spending more time running after a beach ball then they are looking for a tire to sit in.

While I did enjoy the ride I had on it because I went more to ride it then throw beach balls around, the line was extremely painful to wait in. The theme in the queue was amazing it just took way too long to move a couple hundred yards to the front of the line.

Other then that I really don't see this attraction lasting long (which is sad because if you go on it to actually ride it, it is enjoyable). There will be too many complaints, it's not really efficient and when you have to throw in beach balls before the attraction even opens, you know you have trouble. Add in that it's extremely dangerous, IMO, to work this attraction and I just don't see it being open very long.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    The funny thing is looking at the ride vehicles, they couldve done something completely different with the whole thing and gone the way of the GPS technology thats employed in Tokyo with Poohs Hunny Hunt and Aquatopia. They have perfected that technology!
    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    That's a good idea actually... I bet they could pull of controlled GPS technology.
    They couldn't even pull off engineering a lever to make the flying tires spin.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    I know the internet buzz is that this isn't a good attraction, but when I rode it, I had a great time. I had no problem operating the tire, the beach balls made me laugh my butt off, and the music is fun.

I had a great time. As long as the line is under 30 minutes, I would ride again.
    I agree, although I would wait 30 minutes.

The BF and I picked it up right away. If you lean too far, you feel the tire hit the ground, so you immediately lean a little less and off you go. It has the familiarity as well as the social aspect of bumper cars (smiling at strangers and friends as you bump them), but the novelty of a unique ride system (the air hockey effect).

What is the point of the beach balls? Those are going to be fun when it rains. Why do I want to be FORCED to touch something hundreds of other guests have touched? Yuck!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    Why do I want to be FORCED to touch something hundreds of other guests have touched? Yuck!
    You mean like a seatbelt or lap bar?

• Please pull the yellowtab

Thumbs up Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

I kept my expectations low after all these negative reviews on Micechat for Luigi's Flying Tires. But after riding it yesterday I am completely shocked how fun this ride is!!

This can be a very lackluster ride if you think Luigi's Flying Tires will work like other "bumper car" rides. Your real goal should not be to immediately hit a tire next to you. All you have to know, is FIRST gain speed, THEN smash into another tire. Detailed instructions below.

How to get your tire to really fly (I mean really really fly!):

1. Select a tire with a lot of room around it from other tires. You want as much space as possible in order to pick up speed.

2. Solo rider: Sit in the middle of the seat. Groups of 2-3: Bigger rider should sit in the middle.

3. How will you know when you can start moving your tire? Listen for the air rushing out from the vents in the floor. Are you a visual learner? Pay attention to the tire nearest to you. When it lifts off the ground, all systems go! Now the fun really starts.

4. Lean in your desired direction. If you are in a group, communication is key -- lean together. My biggest complaint is that once people get their tire to move a couple of inches, they will immediately lean in another direction. This will get you no where and soon you will be like that sad row boat in the middle of the lake going in circles. So remember, choose a direction and stick to it. This way you will start to pick up momentum and really get a sense of flying as this ride is named after.

5. Are you moving yet? No: Keep leaning until you notice movement. Still not: try leaning LESS. Yes: Congratulations. But don't stop now. Keep on leaning!

6. Avoid grabbing those colorful beach balls. Just plow through them. If one happens to land in your lap you can use it to throw at any person who dares to get in front of you. mwahahaha ::ahem:: I mean just kidding!

7. Avoid other tires. Aim to hit a tire far away. Once you reach the tire you spotted from afar, you should have picked up enough speed to really crash into it.

8. Do you see someone aiming for you? QUICK switch directions. Lean in the same direction that they will to hit you. When you finally crash into each other, you will gain their momentum and fly. Fun times!

9. If you have picked up a lot of speed, do you know what's even more fun? Crashing into the wall. You will get a jerkier reaction akin to what Lasseter was able to do on the prototype tires.

For now, I hope these tips will help you get the most out of this short but fun attraction. I feel there are way too many negative reviews for this ride. I saw smiles all around. Nor did I see anyone having difficulty getting their tire off the ground. The beach balls are a fun little detail, but they are not the solution to what Luigi's Flying Tires really needs. They should have built a bigger arena to move in. A few times I was blocked on all sides and couldn't move. But really, try this ride yourself and then decide. If all you want to do is use your tire as a vehicle to pick up balls to throw at your friends go for it. If all you want to do is glide in no particular direction, have at it. In my opinion this is a great addition to Cars Land and I think it is here to stay.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 06-14-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Totally want to ride this ride!

• Minion

i licke it becusere i never got ride the fly soccers
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast