View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

10 8.70%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

40 34.78%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

25 21.74%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

20 17.39%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

17 14.78%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 15 minutes

46 40.00%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 15 - 30 minues

31 26.96%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 45 minutes

16 13.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 45 - 60 minutes

10 8.70%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 60 minutes

4 3.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

Just came back from AP preview today. We liked Luigi's a lot!!!!!!! there's nothing negative about this ride although the wait can be long, but is still fun!

The trick to moving/gliding faster is to lean gently!!!!!! this will allow you to speed up. I have a POV I recorded today and will be uploading it shortly.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

These two just rammed me at speed. This was during the very first run at 8:00am on Sunday morning.

Nearly everyone having fun and laughing. I was prepared for it not to work, as I did not like the Tomorrow Land Saucers when I was a kid because I could not get them to move fast.
    These work better.

Maters Junkyard ride felt like a kiddie Carnival ride. I only rode it once and that was enough.
    RSR and LFT are both worth rideing over and over.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    Why don't the balls fly up in the air?? If there are ducts that just blow air out constantly, it would seem that the balls would roll from duct to duct a foot in the air. Why not?
    I believe that's the one improvement from the Flying Saucers. From my understanding the air vents have valves that can sense when a tire is over it and uses a computer to calculate the right pressure based on the weight of the tire. This was suppose to solve the issue of heavy Saucers not floating that the original had. But the fact that they didn't create a better loading system and that the tires are still hard to steer are new problems. We'll have to see if they can make some tweaks. Maybe front to back "motorcycle" style seating would have made it easier for guests to lean in the same direction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

The safety issue of stepping on the outer edge of the tire is very accurate. I almost ate it bad while stepping onto the vehicle so watch out. Someone is going to trip eventually which is not right, but the ride was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by paswato View Post
    The safety issue of stepping on the outer edge of the tire is very accurate. I almost ate it bad while stepping onto the vehicle so watch out. Someone is going to trip eventually which is not right, but the ride was fun.
    I wonder if it's so hard to get rid of the "stepping over the side of the tire" way of entering in the first place. There could be some sort of metal platform to enter on that goes over the edge of the tire and then has steps that lead to the seat. And sorry if someone has asked this already, but what's the handicap situation for entering the ride vehicles?

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Just came back from AP preview today. We liked Luigi's a lot!!!!!!! there's nothing negative about this ride although the wait can be long, but is still fun!

The trick to moving/gliding faster is to lean gently!!!!!! this will allow you to speed up. I have a POV I recorded today and will be uploading it shortly.
    Yes! Thank you SoCalbma! There are way too many negative reviews in this forum. While I respect my fellow mice chatters for their views, I was starting to fear a casual visitor to this site would dismiss Luigi's as an attraction to be ignored. I can't wait for June 15 to roll around and then we can finally get more varied opinions on this attraction.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• former CM

How likely is it that some bad guests will throw beach balls into the faces of guests in other tires?
    Could this dislodge a contact lense or a pair of glasses?
    Just curious.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    Why don't the balls fly up in the air?? If there are ducts that just blow air out constantly, it would seem that the balls would roll from duct to duct a foot in the air. Why not?
    Actually, I was watching for this while waiting. What happens is that the airflow does buoy them a bit but is not strong enough to keep them aloft. When they get close to the floor, the Bernoulli effect takes over and they get sucked down and held to the floor by the pressure differential. Basically, the faster moving air below the ball will have less pressure than the static air above the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    How likely is it that some bad guests will throw beach balls into the faces of guests in other tires?
    Just curious.
    The beach balls are so big and slightly under-inflated that you can't really throw them with much force. You could throw a crumpled sheet of paper harder than you can throw these beach balls. They're pretty easy to block too, although I guess someone could tag you in the back of the head and maybe knock off a hat. Its actually more fun to try and pass balls to other people. Just yell "catch" and toss it over.

One word of warning though: while we were in line (for a hour!) we saw a lot of groups that got a little too into things and as soon as the ride ended they got out of their tires and started throwing beach balls at each other. One group, comprising of parents and their children, had to be ushered off by cast members. If you have a small child I would carry them off the ride platform to avoid them being ran over by over-enthusiastic guests. A small child next to a giant beach ball can be hard to see.

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    The only complaints I heard were from a group of older people who were complaining about everything.
    Yeah, Dusty's gettin' up there.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    What about a toupee? Or a set of dentures?

Just asking...
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Rode it during the Saturday preview and really enjoyed it. The lights at nighttime are especially charming. I rode with a friend and we mastered the control in a matter of seconds! It really wasn't that hard. I had a lot of fun.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

We liked it a lot!!!

Here's a Full POV of Luigi Flying tires recorded on Monday the 11th.

In order to speed up you have to LEAN gently whether is forward, backward, etc.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 06-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    . . . What about a toupee? Or a set of dentures?
    You should be fine, Gn2Dlnd. (Pictured here > with dentures, sans hair & hat.)

• Minion

I rode at the AP preview this past monday, and my expectations were DISMALLY low. That having been said, I did find it enjoyable. This was most likely because I had a group of 4 with me and my girlfriend and I were basically hunting down the other two with beach balls. If it weren't for the beach balls and artificial competition we made, I doubt I would have liked it. Very slow and gentle, sort of like the tuck and roll bumper cars, but less jarring.

• U. B. Bold

Everyone in the videos sure look like they're having a good time.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast